Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Docks II
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Docks II  Reply with quote

There are docks on the beach outside of Town. There are some ships at them.

Sittin' on the dock of the bay...
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin, Mini-Zee in her arms, arrives at the docks, still singing "Take a Chance on Me".
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avatar just remains silent for the time being.  Though now and again she gives off a high pitch chirp, causing a few motes to come flitting out of their hiding places to join with her.  By the time they get to the docks she'll be the size of a fully grown cat.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin smiles and reaches out with one hand, gently levitating a random fiddler crab a few inches in the air.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geeze

That's not going to end very pleasantly.

The force suspending the crab attracts quite a few motes, which proceed to savage the energy.  The random elemental bursts that result boil the crustacean until the heat causes it to simply pop, sending sizzling crab flesh flying every-which way.

Zee chirps at the little pieces of herself.  Some zip over to her.  Others dart off to chase crabs.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully fiddler crabs are mighty small critters.
...whoops.
The fiddler crabs on the beach know trouble when they see it, and there's a mad dash for their holes. It's not long before the surface of the beach is completely crab-free.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops is right.

Too bad the motes are so small.  They head down the holes after the crabs.

Zee glances up at Erin helplessly.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, crap.
Erin shakes her head, then goes to gently put Zee down, then steps in front of her.
Well, let's see if this works.
She lifts her hands, closes her eyes, and sends a telekinetic blast rippling over the beach.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.

That gets some attention.

Swarms of motes come popping out of holes and from amidst rocks to savage the energy with extreme prejudice.  Zee takes this opportunity to swoop out and begin to gobble the little stray bits of herself up.

By the time she flits back to Erin she has once more doubled in size.  And the docks appear to be clear.  She chatters in a rather self-confident, pleased fashion.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin grins happily.
Well, that all worked out good in the end, didn't it?
She goes to scoop her friend back up.
So, where to now...hmm...
She looks around, thinking.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooping up may be a bit hard at this point.  Zee is about three feet long if one excludes the tail.  Erin would probably be able to grab her under the forelegs and sling her over one shoulder, but it would be somewhat awkward.

Avatar just chatters in response to the question.  She understands more or less what Erin means, though...  She just doesn't have any way of responding.  It's rather irritating.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, scratch the scooping up. =P

Well, Raril seemed a bit...upset with regards to the Beastiary...perhaps we should save him the trouble of looking there?
She looks down at Avatar and cocks her head.
Yeah, it sucks that I can't understand you...I wonder if trying telepathy again might work...
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee just sort of... peers at Erin for a few moments.  And then simply shakes her head.  She might be responding to the comment regarding the Bestiary.  Or the telepathy.  Maybe even both.

Regardless, she goes bounding off toward the streets.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, wait up!
Erin laughs and runs to follow.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally it's at the streets.

But the streets are pretty busy at the moment.

And since the destination Zee is headed toward is mobile, well...  Here it is.

"Here it is!" Avatar declares as she and Raril approach a smallish metal pushcart with a human manning it.  Splashed across one side is 'Steve's Smoothies' .  "Hi Steve!  How's it going?"

The man blinks rather blurrily.  "Zee?  Haven't seen you in while.  See you finally managed to get your boyfriend to come along?"

Avatar glares at him.  "Steve!  Raril isn't my boyfriend!"

The soda-jerk just chuckles.  "Your usual then?"

Zee sticks her tongue out at him.  "Chocolate and strawberry, yeah.  What do you want Raril?"
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raril gives the Zee a strange look and struggles to find his voice. Eventually he just shakes his head. He didn't know.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avatar just giggles at the drow a bit before handing Steve a few silver pieces in payment.  "Steve was there in that other Town.  It was really odd, as if all the relatively normal people remembered me.  But everyone else was missing."

"Dimension travel, huh?  I try to avoid that myself," Steve comments as he hands Avatar her drink.  Zee smiles back at him.

And sips her drink from the bendy straw in it.  Then furrows her brow at Raril a bit.

"Do... you want to talk about what's been happening?"
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raril blinks at Zee, then slowly nods.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well...  My time in the other Town really wasn't that bad," Avatar begins between sips of her smoothie.  Eemmm... chocolate and strawberry.  A truly winning combination.  "I just popped up in the Bestiary and sold some critters to a whole bunch of people.  I was... kind of lonely.  There weren't that many people that I knew there.  But I thought that you would come for me eventually."

She smiles cheerfully at Raril.

"What about you?  What happened to you while I was away?"
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raril hangs his head, and speaks quietly as the past few days play through his mind. "Y..you were dead. Broken and burned. We tried everything we could to bring you back, but nothing would work. You were lost to us. The priest, at Inari's suggested I should make some sort of arrangements for you. I really didn't know where to begin, but if it meant I could do something for you, I had to try. I went back to the Beastiary, hoping to find some clue, but what I found there, it was truly terrifying." He looked up at Zee, tears begining to glisten in his eyes. "It was as if eons had passed. The tree was withered, decayed. Inside, the cages were all smashed, the floors had rotten through, but that was nothing compared to what I found up in your room. A device was playing a recording, in your voice, over and over again. A plea for help, to me. You were in another Town, but you couldn't find me, or some of the others. And then, you said that people were dissappearing, that the Nexus itself was dying. I looked out the window, and there was nothing there, it was a void, blackness. The message kept playing, you were frightened, asking me to come find you, before it was too late." By now, tears were slowly dripping down the drow's face. "But, I was too late. I found what was little more than a skeleton there, and I knew I was too late. I thought you had died waiting for me to come rescue you, and I never came. I don't know how long I stayed there, but something got into my head, maybe it wasn't real, or hadn't happened yet, somehow. I mean, I had left you back at the Temple, you couldn't have been there as well. I wasn't sure, but I knew somehow, I had to prevent it. I had to save you. When I finally left, there was nothing left of the tree, but empty earth. Later, one of those little specks of light found me, and... well, here you are." He smiles weakly.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekiel just sits there on a bench by a pier.  Just sits there and listens to Raril.  Sits there and soaks in the pain and anguish and hope and happiness.

She sets aside her smoothie.

And she warps her arms around Raril.

"Here I am."
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drow doesn't react how he normally would to a hug. Instead, he leands closer, putting his arms around Zee and holding her tightly. He had been so afraid. Afraid he had lost her. Afraid he had failed her.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee just drops her head on his shoulder.  This is the first time he didn't flinch away, isn't it?  Every time before he would tense.  Like he expected a knife between the ribs.  But not now.  Not anymore.

This says one thing to Avatar.

Raril's trust in and care for her.  It's grown.  Grown and crushed the Drow's instincts.  The suspicion.  The fear.  The doubt.  Love conquers all.  Not a love of the physical.  No, a love deeper than that.  Deeper and older and stronger.

A love that passes understanding.  A love that Zee radiates.  A love that, she hopes, the drow has finally begun to see.  To realize that it's something special.  Something precious.  Something that he desires.

Love, selfless, suffering, and without expectation of return.

Nothing needs to be said.  Not now, at least.  The embrace speaks enough.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a good moment, Raril steps back a little and smiles at Zee. "I've missed you."
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smile is returned, of course.  Though it isn't small.  Rather, it's in typical Zee flair.  "I missed you too.  And I never knew that I was dead here.  I had assumed that I had just discoporeated like I always do.  And just ended up in the wrong place..."

She furrows her brow a bit, then simply shrugs.

"I'm sure there was a reason why I was sent to that other Town.  I have a few ideas, but nothing certain," a simple shrug.  Then she offers her cup of smoothie to the drow.  "You should try some.  It's blended fruit and ice and frozen yogurt.  They're great for a warm summer evening like this."

Raril is flashed Zee's standard issue Goofy Grin™


_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum