Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sinister Spire
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Rasphiak fires on the duergar with a crossbow.  The duergar goes up as the green energy envelopes him.  There is the sound behind Rasphiak of two crossbows as the two behind him fire.  Both arrows skim past him and vanish into the darkness.  The one in front yanks out his warhammer.

---------- Surprise ----------

Initiative order

Rasphiak 22
Duergar (3 of them now)
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Rasphiak dodges the bolts he races to one side and scampers up the wall, grinning as he reaches the first story of it and turns around, hanging on nearly impossibly with one hand and foot as he swings to shoot off another ray at a crossbow wielding duergar.
"I'm going to kill you one by one and flay your corpses..."

Spoiler:

Move ten feet to the walls, and use the effects of his Spiderwalk invocation to scamper up ten feet before shooting.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20+5=22
3d6=7

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak fires another bolt at a now visible duergar, that one goes up in a blaze of green energy.  The first one fades into invisibility and begins moving away from the battle.  The last one quickly loads the crossbow and fires, covering the retreat of the lead duergar.  These duergar are unlucky tonight.  The bolt hits the wall about 10 feet from Rasphiak.

---------- Surprise ----------

Initiative order

Rasphiak 22
Duergar (2 of them now, 1 invisible)
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With sinuous movements, Rasphiak scampers up the side of the build and reaches the top, gathering eldritch energy and sending a crackling ray of green light down at the fleeing duergar, trying to hit it in the back and kill it as he laughs at them, madness in his eyes.

Spoiler:

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20+5=12
3d6=15

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak fries the leader and he falls in his tracks, becoming visible.  The remaining duergar swears and dodges to a building and under an overhang.

---------- Surprise ----------

Initiative order

Rasphiak 22
Duergar (1 of them now)
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak drops down and manages to clamber down the side of the building swiftly and without incident, landing on his feet as he grins evilly at the remaining duergar.
"I see you little prey... don't you regret this now?"
He lets out a bark of laughter and fires one last ray...

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 dead duergar, what they thought would be an easy mark...wasn't.  The bodies lie, visible, on the street.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing quietly, Rasphiak goes to finish them all off, making sure each one is dead, then drag their corpses off into an alley and search them for valuables.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each duergar has chainmail, a heavy shield and a hammer.  Three of them have light crossbows.  Each also has a pouch on their belt.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak frowns at the heavy items, then draws a scroll from his pack and quietly speaks out the words. A moment later, a horse appears, which he loads up with the looted goods and leads off, searching for a place to sell his loot- failing that, he'll ask around.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't anything obvious as he leads the horse down the streets.  30 min later he gets information from a street urchin for a few silver.  The urchin points east, You're lookin' for the bazaar, on the other side of this dump.  As Rasphiak looks where he's pointing to the other side of the walled complex in the center of Pedestal.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tossing a few extra copper at the urchin to keep him quiet, and mostly because Rasphiak didn't want to keep track of change (and felt glutted on wealth and items at the moment, much like a snake stuff with its prey). He stalks off towards the bazaar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wxdruid wrote:
Heggle and Regak head back to the Dripstone Inn.  Es Sarch is exactly as they left him.  He speaks in a raspy voice after Heggle hands him the bag, I see you have returned successfully from completing the task.  Will you do the second?  And gain the information that you seek?


((Sorry, on the road))

Heggle grunts and lights a cigar.

Before we talk about a second job, you'd best pay us for the first.
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak, who is standing behind the gnome, nods his grizzled head in agreement.

"I'm thinking that he has a point, Sarch. A day's work for a day's pay, wouldn't you say?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak walks next to the wall around the spike at the center of the city.

The wide road is choked with carts, booths and tents, around which swarm sellers hawking their wares.  Myriad items are available here, including riding lizards, sweetmeats, buoyant fossilized mushroom fibers, silver, pelts, crystals, vellum and pens, weaponry, and more.  The assortment of buyers varies equally, and you see a few stooped giants, dozens of drow, duergar, grimlocks and even a few stranger creatures.  Dancers, magicians, stalactite throwers, fire-eaters, puppeteer, and tattooists peddle their talents to any and all comers beneath the green light of hundreds of hanging lanterns.  The hard eyes of armored bodyguards and mercenaries warn would-be robbers.  

As Rasphiak walks in, he gets strange looks, but he is left alone to wander where he wants to.

----------

Es Sarch raises one emaciated hand, The payment I offered was information.  Information will be supplied after finishing both tasks.  Will you do the second task?
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak moves quietly and quickly among the different people in the bazaar, selling off all of the items he had collected that no one else had been interested in, getting a little bit of coin for the trouble he went through to haul it all back with him. Foolish humans always let things go to waste, but he- Rasphiak thinks as he hefts his now much heavier coin pouch- was more practical about such things. Hehehe.
Smirking to himself, he lingers for a while, looking around for anything that might interest him, or perhaps an arcanist who might be able to identify that arrow and wand he has...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak raises a red bushy eyebrow at the snake-haired monstrosity before him, and holds his tongue. If he felt that he could reach over and throttle the beast without then being on the receiving end of a multitude of ill-happenings, he would have. Instantly.

"I've no aversion to doing labor for reward, Es Sarch. But I do not think that asking for a show of faith is unreasonable." He shrugs his powerful shoulders and looks towards Heggle. "We were nearly slain while attempting the first of your errands. In fact, one of our number floats dead in the harbor, a victim of this city's hospitality towards upworlders. I want something more concrete than your word that we will get what we want when this is all over and done with."

He nods, pleased with his words. The thought that he may have just offended a powerful broker of information in the epicenter of his power base does not occur to him until a moment later, but he is able to maintain a large degree of composure despite a feeling of unease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heggle considers Regak a moment, then gives his cigar a puff and nods.  Throw us a bone, and we'll talk about the next piece.


_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum