Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons of Doom™
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Deekin quickly puts the backpack back on his back ((Hehe)) and moves down a little bit to peek around the staircase, to actually see things.

Spoiler:


Move Action: Move down to get line of sight on chef


_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Miatog



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 170


Location: I'm feeding Babbies to the Blargag Owl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threestem, obvious to the danger as always, keeps taking pictures of the chef. ”What a fascinating example of a combat chef! Wait until the others back home see this!”

The Luggage is much, much, much less impressed with the chef and instead gets back up on it’s feet and leans slightly toward the chef. It seems to be growling though isn’t making any actual sounds. It’s getting ready to protect it’s master should the chef get too close.

Spoiler:

Threestem: Standard action: Take more pictures.
Luggage: Readied action: Attack anything hostile that gets within 10 feet of him or Threestem.


_________________
Is have but one thing to say to all of your questions, 42.


Last edited by Miatog on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Uberblah
Snake Charmer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 23073


Location: I don't know, you tell me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammald sits where he is and sighs waiting for someone to get hurt.

Spoiler:

Action: Wait


_________________
Spoiler:

<Mahir<Sofia<Vivian



Last edited by Uberblah on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Draken Frosthand
Worst Case Scenario


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4406


Location: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spizzle looks up at the chef, and shouts.

Is it your intent to bring us harm?!

Spoiler:

Full round action: Make stupid question.


_________________
Character Directory

It has been therefore determined that I have nothing worthy of note to write here. Go your way, waste not your precious time reading these unenlightening lines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Terumitsu
Pretty Evil


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 3224


Location: In the box seats of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irfiver sighed and made a motion like he was tossing something. Watch your step he muttered and silvery sparks appeared to fall on the ground in the shape of caltrops. Those woul hurt when they were stepped on...

Oh, and his hair was now mashed potato gravy brown.. Or well cooked thanksgiving turkey brown. Just not earth brown or sewage brown... Not yet at least.

Spoiler:

Cast Caltrops at the range of 35 feet (Or maximum range if I miscalculated). One point should be directly in the line between the cook and the party while the other is just south of that one as to make a short line.


_________________
"[42= The number of socks the universe is processing at any given time]" -wingrae
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puff, who is presently quite busy blending in with his surroundings, decides to go flapping off to a better position.  Where a better position is hovering in mid-air above a direct line of sight between himself and his master a good fifteen feet away or so.  The reason for this is very simple you see.

Should the crazed baker decide to rush the party with that nasty spatula of his, or more specifically decide to rush the general location of Ifriver with that nasty spatula of his, then that will bring the clerk well within stinging range.  And while the sting of the little lizard is by no means the most painful thing in the world getting jabbed in the back of the neck does tend to ruin one's focus.  Especially when one is rendered catatonic shortly after said stinging.

Puff can't help but snicker mentally in respect to his devious plan.  No doubt his partner has been witness to such behavior before.

Spoiler:

Move Action:  Buzz about 15 toward the Crazed Clerk whilst hidden.  Hover 8 feet off the ground.
Free action:  Giggle telepathically, dodge on the chef

Once Kyrian posts I'll update the map and so forth.


_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!


Last edited by Rebonack on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyrian
Resident Party Animal


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 45806


Location: A state of mind like no other...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik raises an eyebrow, debating on attempting a home run with the clerk.

Spoiler:

Raise eyebrow, debate on hitting the clerk.


_________________
Click the Dragons!

Stories
Deviant
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a  blood curdling battle-cry of "Soufflé!" the crazed clerk leaps off his perch and rushes the party with his deadly spatula raised high.  An incredibly deadly spatula I might add.  The sort you scrape baked on refuse off of trays with.

And so he comes charging toward the goblin and his mount.  Because everyone knows that goblins are filthy little thieves.  And so he's hefting his spatula at a certain goblin.

Or at least he would have if not for blundering over a bunch of caltrops.  One of the pointy things manages to punch through his boots.  As such, he's hurting pretty well now.  He begins to hop about on one foot rather than, you know, harming people.

Puff decides that this would be a great opportunity to zip over and try to stab the already injured man in the neck.  And so that's exactly what he does.  The little lizard shimmers back into view upon attack, indeed jabbing the guy.  The wound looks like it would have hurt, which the chef confirms by howling in pain.  The quick blood-spurt really seems to support this.  The pseudodragon then darts off again toward the ceiling, chattering hysterically as he once more shimmers out of view.

Spoiler:

Chef Full Round: Charges the party and fails to hurt anyone sans himself.

Puff Move Action: Spring attack out to the chef and then back up to the ceiling.  Standard action: Sting.  Right in an artery too.  Got to look out for those crits.

Updated Map

The black pointy thing is, of course, where the caltrops are


_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miatog



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 170


Location: I'm feeding Babbies to the Blargag Owl.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threestem steps forward to try and get a better picture of Puff stabbing the chef. Upon failing, he lets his camera hang from his neck while he watches....with fascination and awe....he does know that his very life has been threatened....doesn’t he?

The Luggage sees his chance and charges at the clerk. It opens its lid to reveal several rows of very sharp teeth, it’s the kind of mouth you would expect to see on a shark. His tongue, a very disturbingly bright shade of red, hangs out of its mouth for a moment. It uses its tongue to try and pull the chef into it’s gaping mouth and try to bite him, following which will be an attempt to swallow him whole, into the blackness of its mouth...
Spoiler:

Threestem:five foot step forward.
Luggage: Move action, 20 feet in front of the chef.
Standard action: Bite attack with flavor!


_________________
Is have but one thing to say to all of your questions, 42.


Last edited by Miatog on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Uberblah
Snake Charmer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 23073


Location: I don't know, you tell me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Miatog, you mean the "clerk" not the "cleric" right?))

Grammald sighs and shakes his head at the events happening.

Spoiler:

Full round action: Being annoyed at the stupidity of this


_________________
Spoiler:

<Mahir<Sofia<Vivian

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Terumitsu
Pretty Evil


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 3224


Location: In the box seats of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a few steps forward, Ifriver let loose that ever handy spell of arcane homing missiles with a cry. Now while he wasn't constrained to the exacting gestures as a wizard would be and had a little more leeway in terms of how it fired, how he got one streak of blue-white force to spell out "Dibs on the bunt cakes" in Portuguese was still rather unusual. Even more so than the electric green color of his hair at the moment.

Spoiler:

Ten foot move action to the east. Cast Magic Missle and called dibs on the funny circle shaped cakes in a language likely not known by many people in this setting.


_________________
"[42= The number of socks the universe is processing at any given time]" -wingrae
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kyrian
Resident Party Animal


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 45806


Location: A state of mind like no other...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik steps over to the clerk, and if no one objects, feels it's time for a facial home run.

Spoiler:

Swing at the clerk's face.


_________________
Click the Dragons!

Stories
Deviant
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deekin watches all this with curiousity and looks at his little mining pick.
The little kobold begins trying to move around the group and perhaps get around the clerk as well.
Maybe attack him from behind or something.

Spoiler:


Move Action: Circle around others and chef as his movement speed allows.


_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Draken Frosthand
Worst Case Scenario


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4406


Location: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spizzle takes the actions as answer for his (stupid) question,and decides to act.

And by "act" we mean, of course, firing a bolt of eldritch power against the enemy, then steering his mount to a better position.

Spoiler:

Standard action: fire eldritch blast against the chef
Move action: move to a better position.


_________________
Character Directory

It has been therefore determined that I have nothing worthy of note to write here. Go your way, waste not your precious time reading these unenlightening lines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 'lo, a bolt of energy strikes the chef, burning a nice little hole in his otherwise white chef outfit.  Really not too sure what the bolt looks like.  Draken may get points for describing them in a bit more detail.  Until that point Rebo will say that the projectile bears an uncanny resemblance to a yellow rubber ducky fired at high velocity.  The wolf then moves off to a 'better position'  Rebonack really isn't sure where that will be, but he'll assume that it's up on the stairs to give the goblin a further height advantage.  In the future it would be best to define movement with both a direction and a distance.

And so the chef continues with his general unpleasantness to everyone in his general vicinity.  To that end he attempts to clobber the luggage upside the... ummm... flank?  Hard to really point out anatomy on such a thing.  This results in a resounding *PANG* as the weapon bounces off the trunk's rather hard surface.

The lil' kobold goes scampering up behind the clerk and provides him with a mighty pick-axe swing!  Unfortunately the chef has the state of mind to use the butt of his spatula to simply hold the kobold out of swinging range.  Like one of those bullies putting a hand on someone's forehead while the kid being held flails his arms impotently.  It probably looks rather silly.

And it is now that the Luggage delivers its wicked bite of bitefulness.  And oh does it ever bite well.  On the fellow's arm, specifically.  The chef howls in pain as he finds his arm being clamped down on rather hard.

And so with the chef rather restrained Malik approaches with a blood freezing berserker yell and brings his war-maul down on the clerk's head, which obligingly bursts like a jelly doughnut that was just bitten to hard by an over-enthusiastic doughnut eating... person.

Which of course means that Ifriver doesn't have to bother using those magic missiles of his.  Isn't that just nice?

Puff comes flapping down from the ceiling and lands on the cash-register, looking for all the world as though he had just single-handedly defeated the knave.  The fact that he broadcasts, Ha!  That fiend didn't know what he was getting into.  Thanks for the help everyone, you did a good job of distracting him.

For no readily apparent reason the chef's corpse then vanishes in a puff of plaid smoke, leaving his spatula and an exceptionally shiny ring behind.

Spoiler:

The evil confection clerk is defeated!



Puff: Move action, land on the counter and boast.


_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyrian
Resident Party Animal


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 45806


Location: A state of mind like no other...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik grins at his victory and hefts his hammer over his shoulders.
Spoiler:

Heft hammer over shoulders.


_________________
Click the Dragons!

Stories
Deviant
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deekin makes an irritated "yip" sound at the being held at bay, but upon the chef's defeat, scurries over to investigate the goodies.

Spoiler:


Move Action: To the goodies!


_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Miatog



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 170


Location: I'm feeding Babbies to the Blargag Owl.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threestem stops taking pictures once the chef is first hit, not because it’s too ugly, not because he’s too scared, but because he’s completely in awe. “I say! What a wonderful fight! Good show! Did you do that just for me? Thank you ever so much!” He resumes taking pictures of Puff standing so triumphantly when there’s a knocking on the lens.

“Monsieur, I must request zat you be kind on your pictures. Zee roll, it is how you say, full.” Right there in the lens, is a small person talking in a French accent. He’s wearing a barrette, a green cloth overall with splashes of paint. He has one of those thin mustaches that wiggles around every time he moves his lips. He closes the lens and marches into the camera.

Threestem looks over at the Luggage. It moves over to him and opens the lid by itself. There is Threestem’s laundry, smelling slightly of a spring day clean and pressed. No sign of any teeth, no sign of a big red tongue, no sign of the arm that it just bit. Threestem pulls the film real out and drops it in before fishing around for a new one to put in.

Spoiler:

Threestem: Full Round Action: change film.
Luggage: Standard Action: Bring Threestem’s laundry back.
Move Action: Go back to Threestem.


_________________
Is have but one thing to say to all of your questions, 42.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Uberblah
Snake Charmer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 23073


Location: I don't know, you tell me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammald decides that he'll go check out the door behind the counter. He tries to hear what's to come

Spoiler:

Move action: Walk to the door behind the counter.
Standard action: Perform a listen check (14 + 6)


_________________
Spoiler:

<Mahir<Sofia<Vivian

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Terumitsu
Pretty Evil


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 3224


Location: In the box seats of course.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ifriver still had claim to the bunt cakes. And it was good that he didn't need to cast any other spells at least. In any case, he tried to detect magic on the items. You know... To see if either of those things were of any value.

And oddly enough, his hair had returned to it's 'normal' color as it was his fingertips now having the odd effects. They glowed in pretty colors, not more than a candle glow, but still something to look at. Besides, with a little alteration he would have a dragon call...

Spoiler:

Detect Magic on the items. A move action in there somewhere too.. Toward said items.


_________________
"[42= The number of socks the universe is processing at any given time]" -wingrae
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Draken Frosthand
Worst Case Scenario


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4406


Location: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Ops, sorry.)

From his highter position, Spizzle looks as the enemy falls, and smiles at the triumph. Moving on the back of his mount to a new place, along his companions.

Spoiler:

Full round action: move towards the Ifriver.


_________________
Character Directory

It has been therefore determined that I have nothing worthy of note to write here. Go your way, waste not your precious time reading these unenlightening lines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Just to point out, I'll be doing the rolling and so forth.  All I need from you guys is a description of what you're characters are doing.))

The goodies are, as mentioned before, a ring and a hideously oversized spatula.  The ring may very well be useful.  Or it may be cursed, as things in the Dungeons of Doom™ have a troubling habit of being.  It's a nice ring, very shiny and made of polished copper.

Behind the door Grammald will be able to pick up the distinct sound of automated dough kneaders.  Whether a dirty old hermit is familiar with the sound such machines make remains to be seen.

As for Ifriver, he will discover that the ring has a weak aura of abjuration.  As for the spatula, it appears to be mundane.

As for Puff, he begins to fiddle around with the cash register.  There might be shinies inside it after all.  And with an audible ring it pops open, revealing a goodly store of copper, silver, gold, and platinum.  Ooohh...

Spoiler:

Standard action: Open register


_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miatog



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 170


Location: I'm feeding Babbies to the Blargag Owl.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Luggage opens up and rams into the wall, letting some pastries fall into him for later use. Perfectly good food can’t be let to waste now can it? Once the Luggage feels that it has enough food to last Threestem for a good long while, and maybe the rest of the party, he closes up.

Threestem walks over to the register and smiles at Puff. “Ah yes, good idea, we should pay for the pastries we’re taking shouldn’t we?” Pay? But the pastries are part of the loot. Someone should correct him…

((edit: sorry, forgot the action spoiler))
Spoiler:

Threestem: Move action: move behind counter.
Luggage: Full round action: Gather food.


_________________
Is have but one thing to say to all of your questions, 42.


Last edited by Miatog on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Uberblah
Snake Charmer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 23073


Location: I don't know, you tell me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Err... Sorry.))

Grammald isn't real familiar with machines. He looks back to the group.
If it's of any interest, there's some odd metalic noises coming from behind this here door.

Spoiler:

Full round action: Speak to the group.


_________________
Spoiler:

<Mahir<Sofia<Vivian

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deekin tilts his head, reaching down to claim the shiny ring before looking to Grammald and door.
Spoiler:


Action: Pick up ring.




_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum