Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sinister Spire
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Heggle grunts grimly at the locked chest.  Of course the lockbreaker had to die right before we actually needed him.
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak steps back from the chest and looks at Regak.
"Care to smash it open?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak grumbles something under his breath and takes a few steps into the shack.

"I don't have anything blunt on me," he admits. And then he smiles. "Except my head, but I need that more than treasure. I hope the axe will do."

He hefts the weapon in both hands and raises it above the lock in preparation for a strike.

"Watch yourself for flying metal, Ras."

The axe comes down hard, striking the lock squarely and with great force:

Attack Roll (-4 Power Attack): (1d20 4 3 1=28*)

That's a critical threat, so here's my

Confirmation Roll: (1d20 8 3 1=24)

and

Damage ( 4 Power Attack): (1d10 7 1=12).

If I got a Critical Hit with my confirmation roll, that's 24 damage total to the lock.

*The star is there to keep it from being a smiley face.

EDIT

No, I did it again. I was using the axe two-handed, so that's double what I took away from my To Hit roll. So instead of it being 12+12 it's 16 + 16, I think, for 32 damage to the lock. Is that right, Vael?

EDIT, part deux

Well, it turns out that you can't get a Critical on objects, and I didn't know that because I am stupid. So that's only 16 damage to the lock. Sorry about the confusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak eyes the chest, eyes the lock, stands back, hefts his axe and swings.  He's a bit more effective than he planned....The lock is broken along with the latch and a portion of the lid.  He makes considerable noise doing it, and the sound echoes in the small stone shack.

Once you clear away the wreckage, you'll need a bag...

6,000 sp, 200 gp, 1 precious stone, 1 bottle, 1 wand, 1 arrow, a small jade dog, an anklet (jewelry), a scroll

((Sophistemon, You are not stupid!))
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Interesting."
Rasphiak sorts it all out, dividing the pile of coin into four 50 gold and 1500 silver piles, one for each person. He takes his share, then examines the other items with his detect magic sight, focusing to see each of their auras more plainly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 precious stone (not magic), 1 bottle (magic), 1 wand (magic), 1 arrow (magic), a small jade dog (not magic), an anklet (jewelry) (not magic), a scroll (magic)

Of the magic items, the bottle and the arrow have the stronger auras.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spellcraft checks:
(Bottle) 1d20+6=8
(Wand) 1d20+6=9
(Arrow) 1d20+6=12
(Scroll) 1d20+6=19


Rasphiak curiously examines the bottle, taking a risk and opening it cautiously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...Rasphiak knows that the scroll is a conjuration spell.  In fact...he already has two of them.  It's a scroll of Benign Transposition.

When he sniffs the bottle, it smells like pitch. The arrow smells acrid and feels damp to the touch, but he can't determine the school of any of the other magic items in front of him.
_________________
Inner Circle


Last edited by wxdruid on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak whoops in triumph as his axe cleaves through the lock, the latch, and a portion of the lid.

"And that's how it's done!"

He watches Rasphiak sort the items and takes his share of the wealth, as well as the jade dog. He eyes the potion but won't even think of taking it until he knows what it does.

"Poor Elias. He would have killed for a haul like this... Of course, it may have been us that he killed..."

((Well... no, I'm not stupid. That was a wrong choice of words. Perhaps the correct term would be "ignorant"?))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Huh.  So maybe we didn't need the kid so much after all."

Heggle shovels the pile of coin into his haversack.  Since Regak nabbed the dog, he shrugs and tosses the anklet in as well.

"I guess we might as well get rid of these mushrooms before moving on to phase two."
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak takes the scroll and the wand, leaving the bottle and arrow for Damian. He smirks at Heggle's comment and gives a quiet laugh as he stows the items away.
"We should also take time to get rid of any wares we've ended up with that we don't need."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draken Frosthand
Worst Case Scenario


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4406


Location: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian kept out of the chack to regain his breath a bit, a near death experience does that to a poor bookworm.

He pokes his head through the door when he hears the sound of something being smashed (Axe to lock).

What was that?
_________________
Character Directory

It has been therefore determined that I have nothing worthy of note to write here. Go your way, waste not your precious time reading these unenlightening lines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak hears Damian and decides to respond.

"We found a chest and I broke it open. There's some stuff in here set aside for you, if you want it."

He looks over the pile of leftover gold and items. It isn't much, but then again Damian wouldn't know how much there was to start with, anyway. So everybody wins. Some just win more than others.

Well, wait, Elias was dead. So not everyone won.

Regak shakes his head. This is not the time to be thinking of such things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Are you guys going forwards or backwards?))
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I think we're going into the city place again? Heggle will probably give the mushrooms to Mr. Mysterious while the rest of us do our things. Rasphiak will look around for someone to sell stuff to.))

Rasphiak is about to pass along the remaining two items to Damian when he pauses, then hands him the bottle.
"I don't think any of us have use for this arrow... I'll find a place to sell it and split the profit between us. Come. Lets go."
The warlock heads off back towards the more populated areas, and away from the dock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Sounds like a plan.))

Heggle will head back to the tavern to make his mushroom delivery.
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regak gathers his things and leaves the shack, following Rasphiak and Heggle into the town.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heggle and Regak head back to the Dripstone Inn.  Es Sarch is exactly as they left him.  He speaks in a raspy voice after Heggle hands him the bag, I see you have returned successfully from completing the task.  Will you do the second?  And gain the information that you seek?

Rasphiak heads back into Pedestal, looking for a place to sell his looted booty.  Several denizens watch him as he goes by, checking out what hes carrying.  The streets are dim and the alleys darker.  He can hear scuffles in the distance and all the windows are shuttered, and the doors closed as he looks around while walking down the street.  Rasphiak will need to ask where a good place to buy/sell is, nothing is immediately obvious as a store or market.  ((make a spot check))
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot check: 1d20+1=21

Rasphiak glances around, keeping his belongings close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak notices suddenly that the streets are bare and there is the scuffling of feet behind him and in front of him.  2 duergar are rapidly approaching him from the front, grim looks on their faces.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak glances around him to make sure there aren't any other threats, then raises his hands, getting into an offensive position as he snarls at the approaching dwarves.
"Stay back if your value your skins, and tell me what you want."
Intimidate: 1d20+9=14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 invisible duergar behind him.

The two in front... One brusquely says, You're trespassing on our territory.  Pay the toll to pass.  He even backs up a step, and Rasphiak will hear nothing behind him now.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak's teeth bare in a snarl as he lets green eldritch power coil across his hands.
"Done. I'll leave you alive- is that payment enough?"
He points a hand at one of the duergar behind him.
"Oh, and I know your friends are right there. Don't think I'm your prey. I am a predator... and you're just lucky that I'm not hungry."
The warlock runs his tongue along his teeth, giving his threat a more literal meaning, which might just creep the duergar out.
"So do you want to die? Or will you let me pass?"


Spoiler:

Readying an action to shoot the first one to show hostile signs.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other duergar speaks up, No, you will pay or we will shoot you in the back.  They feel they have the numerical advantage.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasphiak answers with a crackling ray of green energy at the duergar in front of him (the one with the ranged weapon), grinning a terrible grin as he gets ready to fight.
"Come then, all of you! The wheel turns, and you will be ground beneath its inexorable motion."
He laughs madly.

Spoiler:

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 5=24
3d6=11
Initiative: 1d20+2=22



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum