Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faedorn Politics
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Go on ahead, I'm to make sure everyone's up.
Kaziel motions down the hall before quietly making his way to the priest's room and lightly tapping that door.
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentasa nods - her and Patches head up to the main deck and begin to snoop around relatively quietly (Pentasa Hide +7, Listen +5. Patches Hide +2, Move Silently +3.) How unnatural is this? (Profession: Sailor +4)
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((*rolls* Ah yes, I forgot to mention that for the most part, Destro and/or I will be doing rolls behind the scenes. It adds to suspense (you won't start second-guessing the enemy's AC based on the fact that you missed on a 16 and hit on a 17, for example) and helps in case we need to pull a DM fudge.))

Pentasa realizes from her experience in sailing that the ship is under attack by sahuagin, the major enemies of halflings in Tyrandara. They inhabit these waters, but don't often attack, as most ships, even of non-halfling build, are too fast for them to keep up with. In fact, chances are that they won't ever do much more than keep making annoying thud sounds.
_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The druid shakes her head quietly. A Sahuagin attack wouldn't normally be of any concern, but if no sailors are topside to keep the ship on proper course it could be a problem. She begins to head toward the wheel to see if it is currently manned or if it, too, has been left fallow.
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Erm? Did I miss a vacation notice or something on this game?))
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I believe Destro has been preoccupied... I'm not sure. I was kinda waiting for him to do the sahuagin, since I wasn't sure where exactly he was going with it. I've been trying to contact him for a few days now.))
_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((yeah, sorry about that. I think we can probably get this back off the ground now. My the busiest part of each year just finished for me, so I'm going to have (hopefully) more free time now))

As Pentasa heads up the stairs towards the helm she is able to see that the wheel is unmanned. Moonlight shines down on the ship, peeking through the rigging and around the sails. Water slaps against the hull, accompanied by a similar wet slap from the deck behind her.

Patches, should she be nearby, will probably be growling right about now.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The priest frowns but doesn't leave his room. He doesn't have much experience with sea voyages... it was probably normal.
He attempts to go to sleep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentasa shakes her head quietly. "Time to saddle up then," she murmured. The exotic saddle had been an expensive investment, but it had proven its worth time and again, and was far better designed for the wolf's physiology than a horse saddle. She began to strap it into place. There should be enough time, given the current level of sound, for that, she figures. Then it's time to see if a spot can be found where she can get a better view of the ... hopefully still futile ... sahuagin attacks. The lack of crew topside concerned her however. This was not usual.

((unless I'm wrong. If this _is_ usual, she'd know that, and my post would change accordingly))
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((It's not uncommon for them to attack, but for them to do more than annoy the sailors with their thudding is rare.))
_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Has Lochriss had any luck finding and/or waking the crew?))
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lochriss will have found the main crew quarters by now. Most of the crew are asleep, but a few of the night watch are awake and moving around belowdecks. Looks like there's three of them. The rest should be topside, but as Pentasa has seen already there's no-one up there.

The best position to get a good view from is the helm. You can see the entire deck from there, and the moonlight does a fair job of illuminating it.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaziel grimaces and taps priest's door a little more forcefully, but still not particularly loud.
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lochriss will wake the sleeping crew as quietly as possible. "Something's wrong. There's no sailors...the watch, you call them?...up on deck. Strange bumping noises against the ship. Grab a weapon and come with me. He slinks to the door with rapier in hand and heads up to the deck, hoping the sailors follow him.
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((sorry for not doing this yesterday. I was insanely tired))

Aquis preserve us. One of the younger sailors looks a bit shaken by this. He's probably new. The other sailors, or at least the ones who were already awake ((two of them)) unsheathe their swords and follow Lochriss. The rest of the crew needs a while to find their weapons and finish waking up.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the business of the saddling is complete, mount up, and then Pentasa and Patches will head up to the helm to get the better view of what is occuring.
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((*starts playing dramatic music*))
_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I guess you're all waiting for me. Here goes))

The helm is completely deserted, and the wheel turns slowly back and forth with the current. Once she's turned around Pentasa can clearly see the entire deck, thanks to the nearly full moon and clear sky. The wet slapping sounds are coming from near the ship's bow.

Something moves close to the mainmast. Moonlight glints off of metal as a pair of Sahuagin step out from the shadow under the sails. Both hold tridents, and both are grinning at the halfling by the helm.

((Unfortunately, photobucket hates me right now. The only image I can get it to load is extremely crappy quality. It's functional though, so here it is. P1, in case you were wondering, is Patches))
Spoiler:


_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the nameless priest was woken up as well...
He begins stirring, grumbling to himself.

((New link to sheet))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Halfling grins an almost feral grin, murmuring something to Patches as she swings into the saddle.

Fast Mount Patches. ((free action if I make the DC 20 Ride check, otherwise a move action)).

If Fast Mount succeeds:
Drop Bow (free action) - Draw Lance (move action) - Spirited Charge Sahaugin [S1] (standard action)

If Fast Mount fails:
Fire arrow at Sahaugin [S1]. (Standard Action)
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((*rolls*))

Outcome: Pentasa reacts quickly, swinging onto her mount (free action) and charging, pulling out her lance (move action) and stabbing viciously (standard action) at the closest Sahuagin. She makes it to the square in front of him, though her attack misses by a hair. Its grin doesn't fade...

((Destro, please contact me for Initiative stuff.))
_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Grr! I'm on the road and this stupid laptop doesn't remember my login info for tangledweb. I'll post a new character link when I get back; maybe Weds. night, or Thurs. morning. Sorry!))
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Alright, thanks El J! In the meantime everyone can post their actions and we'll do a writeup with what happens and so on and so forth, and I might even get my ass in gear and do a complete deckplan of the Rogue, which photobucket will likely refuse to take >.>))
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I'll need a little time to hunt down where my character sheet has floated off to and/or remember my new tangledweb account.
Shouldn't take too long.))

*will post actions once this is done*
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The priest gets up and dresses himself. =P

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum