Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faedorn Politics
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Faedorn Politics  Reply with quote

Our story begins, like so many others, in a Tavern. The Crossroads in Cliffport isn't exactly a fancy place, but it's Halfling run, and that means quality. The beer is good, at any rate.

As usual, the tavern is filled with noise. The halfling waitress bustles about, taking orders from various patrons, most of whom are also halflings. A pair of dwarves wearing the dark goggles customary to any of their kind that venture aboveground talk animatedly over drinks. Several tall men push through the door, laughing at something one of them just said. there are even a couple elves, though most of the other people ignore them.

Yep, it's just another day in paradise.

((Alright, here we go! Take a few moments to describe your character, and pick a speech colour if you like. I'll be using Blue a lot, just so everybody knows. Standard issue shadowy corners are available for anyone who is so inclined))
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a halfling run tavern, perhaps another halfling would just sort of blend into the background. Not so this halfling however, should one's eye happen to catch sight of her - admittedly a valid concern as she stood all of two eight, short even by halfling standards. But once you did catch sight of her, you weren't likely to forget what you'd seen. The woman wore ink like most folks wore clothes - she did, in fact, wear an outfit, but every inch of her exposed skin save the backs of her hands and her face was a canvas of skin-set art. Naval designs warred and meshed with tribal markings. Animals and plants flexed along the muscle lines. Strange symbols alit here and there in spaces between. For her part, she sat at an open table, almost daring someone to work up the nerve to join her. If she was armed, it was not obvious; she kept no great hulking blades about her person, neither axe nor hammer hung at her low-slung belt. Perhaps she had stowed her weapons with the tavernkeeper as insurance for her good behavior. One skilled in the art of reading faces might be able to pick out a slight discomfort underneath the layers of attitude the woman bore.

"Hie tendress, another round to take the salt-edge off the wind!" Her eyes swept the room, looking for any who might care to dispute her right to do so.
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An slight elf sits not quite in the corner, but still placed where he can see all the room's doors. He's quite slight, an effect heightened by his short silver hair and very pale skin. He's wrapped in a soft, dark-grey cloak and long, slender fingers emerge from dark maroon sleeves to curl around a pewter goblet of red wine. Black eyes range over the room as he gestures to flag down a server.
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Finally.))

A man steps into the tavern, wearing a thick robe above his worn clothing, perhaps also to hide a weapon in the bulk. He seats himself at a table and glances around the Crossroads, apparently appraising everyone else.
_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A priest with black hair and dark eyes enters the tavern quietly, but probably far from unnoticed. He has the stereotypical black robes of a reverend, and a somewhat vague holy symbol hangs about his neck. He smiles at those within the room and sits down at a table, weaving thin fingers adorned with matching silver rings together. All in all, he seems a normal, quiet but nice traveling priest.
Of course, said impression would swiftly go away if one noticed that his real holy symbol was tucked nicely away in a pouch at his side, a symbol of messor, and he quite the collection of onyx gems for the purposes of animating undead. Also, his matching rings were magical enchanted to help him evade difficult questions...
He smiled politely at them all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man who had been meditating in his chair for the greater part of the day, slides his green eyes open and leans back in his chair with a sigh. His medium length brown hair slides backwards as gravity wills it revealing pointed ears, but most certainly not to the degree that a typical elf has.
They're too short.
Much to the apparent disapproval of nearby elves, this man happens to be a half-elf. Such disapproval is exactly why the man decided to pick his seat away from patrons of the more "pure" lineage.
He rummages through the many folds of his robe and plucks out a coin of lesser value, requesting a rather mild mead.
The man frowns and grabs his finely made quarterstaff as it begins to fall onto the floor and adjusts it into a more balanced position against the table. He briefly looks down to make sure that his pack is still next to his cahri and hasn't been swiped, upon finding that it hasn't he smiles and turns his attention back upwards.
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The waitress delivers the requested drinks to their respective tables, smiling up at everyone. Can I get you anything? The man who just entered nods and waves her over. After a whispered discusion she points out a few different people, amongst them each of you. Might want to start by asking one of them. She then hurries off to fetch more drinks.

The man stands, making his way over to the Half-elf. Hello. Mind if I sit?
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The half-elf looks up at the man and gestures to a seat, smiling slightly.
Not at all.
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man pulls up a chair. My name is Ferro. I've come from Faedorn looking for a number of individuals. Ferro removes a scroll case from his belt and opens it. The Paladins of Aera are having a little trouble with ogres, and I've been sent to find people willing to help out.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaziel, pleased to meet you. As for your ogre problem, I'd be willing to help.
The man gives a nod. Admittedly, he sort of likes fights...
I assume there will be some sort of compensation?
That, too.
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naturally. I don't have all the details, though. Ferro smiles. I've booked myself passage back on a merchant ship. It will be leaving tommorrow. Seeing as you're interested, I'll secure you a berth.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small smile comes from Kaziel.
Very kind of you.
He finally decides to take a small drink of his mead, giving an approving nod.
How long would the voyage be?
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a long trip. The captain knows what he's doing, and we can make port within a couple days. Ferro signals the waitress for an ale, and flips her a coin. If you have no further questions, I should probably go about finding additional people.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeBunny
Plushie Shepherd


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 18428


Location: The hive of the xenomorph swarm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten the answers I want, so I won't hold you longer.
Kaziel takes another drink from his mead.
_________________
Kara

-Hmm, an ominous passage that plunges into an inky blackness, sealed behind lock and chain.
-You know what this means?
-We must see where it leads!
-Damn straight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Ferro stands and makes his way amongst the various patrons, questioning some of the others that were pointed out. A few refuse, some seem interested. After a short time he reaches the black-robed priest. How about you? Would you be interested in geting rid of some ogres?
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The priest raises an eyebrow.
Ogres? Have there been some problems?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a number of them. There is a particular tribe North of Faedorn that has started attacking settlements more and more often.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sighs.
I see. I suppose it is my duty as a priest to administer to the wounded...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you'll help? Excellent. You will, of course, be compensated for your time.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nods, while inwardly thinking that it would be a great place to collect some stronger corpses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship leaves tommorrow. It's called The Cunning Rogue. Dock four.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters


Last edited by Destro Yersul on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there.
The priest holds to his "holy symbol" which actually just a magical amulet that helps protect his mind, and starts praying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The next person Ferro decides to talk to is the Elf in the corner. By this point he's questioned almost everyone that was originally pointed out.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lochriss raises an eyebrow at Ferro. "Yes?"
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moozy
Soda in the Town


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 4291


Location: Northeast USA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human waitress continues to walk around, bringing orders to those who asked.


_________________
You might know me as Blood from the GitP forums.
Town Characters.
Moozy Soda Halloween Avatar by Destro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum