Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Devil Worshipper's Lair II
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: The Devil Worshipper's Lair II  Reply with quote

A powerful sense of unyielding evil permiates every inch of this dark place.

The entryway is located in a narrow alleway between a butcher shop and a florist in the middle-class area of Town near the financial district. There, a set of black steps leads down into the gloom. At the landing, a huge bone devil stands guard.

To the north, a black book rests on a pedistal where a blood-red candle casts a dim light over the pages of names. An iron pen stands ready, though no source of ink is readily visible.

To the east, a large lounge-like room waits: it is well, if gloomily furnished. There is a window in the wall at one end, and a clerk sits there.

To the west, a dark corridor leads down to the sacrifical chamber. Horrors unnumbered await those brave or foolish enough to go that way uninvited.

The only thing required of the Devil Worshipopers is serve the dark lords in the nine hells after you die.

If you wish to be more powerful, though, there are several requirements:

You gain more power by defeating our lords' enemies. You may call upon the infernal magics, run them through with your weapons, whatever you prefer.

If you do use magic, you will gain a more substantial reward if you recover the dark energies bytaking a sip of the blood of your victim.

When you are sufficiently powerful, you can send the soul of your victim to our masters. There, unless they were particularly good, they will become a devil themselves.

Our masters hunger always for more power. Magical enchanted items may be taken to the sacrificial chamber and be sacrificed to them. They will feed on the enchantment of the item.

As you work, you will be rewarded with more powerful abilities, and occasionally items... though the first item you get is a touch lame, to be honest: the Teddy Bear of Despair.

You can summon devils to bring you DevilBrew more or less whenever you want, so long as you are still in favor.

You have the ability to contact your enemy's mind and invade it: then you send dark energies to damagethem.

As you progress, you will learn to enhance a staff with demonic power, to call up devils for aid in battle, to crush your enemy's heart with a single gesture, and to call upon the very fires of hell to burn your foes - or freeze, dissolve, petrify, electrocute, poison... depending on which layer of hell you use.

Oh yes.. you get to cast Tenser's Floating Disc as a supernatural ability once per day.

The window is our equipment exchange. We donate useful items that we recover from fallen foes here. You can then come and check items out, so that you never need to worry about maintaining an inventory. Of course, only items of use to the brotherhood are accepted - everything else should be taken to the altar and sacrificed.

And there's the free beer [DevilBrew], too. Feel free to share it with friends: drinking it will gradually corrupt their souls to evil.

Devil Worshipper Spells

Mindlink

As a full-round action, you initiate contact with your target's mind. This provokes attacks of opportunity. The target gets a will save with a DC of your ECL plus your worshipper level plus 10. If the save is successful, you may continue to attempt to establish contact. Each round that you continue, the DC increases by 5 until you give up, are killed, or the target fails. You may take no other action while attempting to establish contact.

Once contact is established, you cause 1d8 damage plus 1d8 additional damage for each three worshipper levels each round that you maintain contact. This damage is not subject to DR. Maintaining contact is a standard action; additionally you cannot cast other spells, psionic powers, or use spell-like abilities regardless of source or nature while the contact continues.

You may dismiss the contact as a swift action, or you may maintain the contact until either you or the target is killed.

Invoke Death

You cause the instant death of the target by rupturing their heart and aorta, puncturing the lungs in the process. The power takes a full round to prepare, during which Attacks of Opportunity are provoked. The power may be used as a swift action the round after it is prepared, and use may be delayed for one round per caster level, but it must be used on the target for which it was prepared.

During the preparation round, the target must make a Wisdom check against a DC of the caster's ECL + 5. If successful, the target gains a bonus of 5 to their fortitude save.

When the power is invoked, the target must make a fortitude save against a DC of the caster's ECL + 10. Failure means death, and success means that the target takes 6d8+6 internal, non-elemental damage instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geomancer wrote:
Nyx's eyes narrow. "Your host."


Ami smirks.
Perhaps she'd rather not divulge her thoughts on the matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyx bears his teeth. If she is not willing to answer then you will both leave the room. Now.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will saying she does not wish him harm suffice?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She will have to say it. Not you.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only say and do anything at her direction.
I am a servant, nothing more.

Ami crosses her arms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letting someone do something and doing it yourself are completely different. Nyx doesn't seem to be moving on this point.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ami glares, but shrinks back to how Signy normally is.
Signy peers hesitantly at Nyx, biting her lip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your feelings towards Tikva. Nyx asks, almost gently.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signy cringes slightly, pulling her wings around herself.
I'm not going to hurt him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyx nods his head. Good, because he needs help. He glances fearfully at Tikva's still smoking frame.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signy looks over at him, then back at Nyx.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has received the attention of the Death Lord. His hate and cruelty and his high kill count has given him worth in the Death Lord's eyes. I believe the Death Lord called his soul to hell to under go the trials. Nyx glances about fearfully.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signy nods.
This all means nothing to her, but it sounds scary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the trials his physical body will undergo many non permanent changes... some of which will leave him extremely vulnerable and others which will put us all in danger. Another fearful glance at Tikva.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signy just nods again.
She has no idea what this means for her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She might fairly soon. Tikva begins to smoke more and curls of flame appear around his hair. Also he starts shaking. I'll need some help holding him down.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signy starts creeping back, afraid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyx leaps upon Tikva and struggles to restrain his arms. They both dead time.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signy runs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyx growls a few curses at Signy's back and struggles to retain Tikva. When the child bursts into flames the Death Devil is finally forced to give it up.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sense of evil watches and measures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The burning child sits up and exits his room, but not before setting the paper in the room's books aflame from the intense heat. Nyx follows him from an extreme distance.

It seems as if Tikva is sleep walking, because from his shambling stride you can tell he isn't conscious.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The watchful evil continues to... watch... and help prevent double-posting.

(( But I've got to go for tonight ))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks watchful evil!

Tikva begins lashing out at the walls with a flaming bone sword, as if he is fending off some invisible foe. Every now and again he calls out in anger or pain. Nyx flies around him, making sure he doesn't injure himself accidentally. Not that there is much Nyx could do if he does.


_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum