Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The World
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

The envoy quickly returns to Sammealin.

"I expected no more from them." George Gardens says. "What about Badguy? Any news of their advance? I'd thought Karlin would have attacked by now."

"Perhaps he needs further incentive. He could be waiting for us to make the first attack." The Security General replies.

"Very well, launch an attack, but it better not be too costly." Gardens says.

"I will send a small contingent of our most devoted troops. They will not balk to find out they will not be returning alive."


A military zeppelin begins the long flight to the Sammealin, Badguy borders.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Warpfire
You'll Never Take Me Alive!


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2199



PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I suppose that Sammealin gave up on taking the moral high ground when they poisoned the water supply. Razz ))

While Nathaniel Coffyn is in Metingston, rumors begin to brew in Anglarctur, not very widespread and mostly dismissed. They are rumors of rebellion, of dissatisfaction with the current regime. It's doubtful that any other countries hear of this, due to both the obscurity of the rumors and the general isolation of Anglarctur.

The Minister of Truth takes his dinner at a small restraunt in a city near Castle Coffyn by the name of Karrin, amused by the notion that no one in the diner knows just who is sitting the corner table. Nearby, he notices a pair of men furtively whispering about something. Possessed of exceptional hearing, he listens what they discuss.

They are discussing the rumors of rebellion. Importantly, they seem to be entertaining the notion that the rebels may have a just cause. Jack Antura has a rather strange reaction to this.

He smiles.
_________________
"You too will come to understand fear, as I have."
- Pious Augustus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
J. Muller
Normal in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 823


Location: In a castle in the sky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Emperor's propaganda drive begins to show its effects. Recruitment is up for all areas of the military, and civil morale and spirit is high.

Meanwhile, the conquest of Norfeen is completed by Landsvallian armored divisions. Oil shipments resume as normal. The speed with which they accomplished the conquest is touted as a testament to Landsvallian military prowess, and popular support for the short war is high. The fact that the nation in question was rather small ((about 1/3 the size of the Netherlands)) does nothing significant to lessen the Landsvallians' high opinion of their military.

((...And I'm off. Leaving tomorrow morning on the first of two trips. Won't be back until late August.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illumar also sends a message to Sammaelin.

Quote:
We have found some evidence that your claims of kidnappings may have some truth behind them. We still await an explanation from Badguy, and should they prove decietful, you can expect the support of the Illumarian Empire.

_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, Nathaniel, what is your opinion on this matter?" Karlin asks.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Warpfire
You'll Never Take Me Alive!


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2199



PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"From what I can see, war will come one way or another. You should wait for Sammealin to attack." Nathaniel considers for a moment if he should tell Karlin about what his spies found in Sammealin, and decides that it could help to establish trust.

"I have some information that leads me to believe they are setting some kind of trap for you. A number of shall we say, travellers from my land recently entered Sammealin. They found all of the cities completely deserted, even the capital."
_________________
"You too will come to understand fear, as I have."
- Pious Augustus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karlin cocks his brow.

"Really, now? Are they attempting to goad me into attacking so that they will have a reason to retaliate and not suffer any casualties, I wonder?"
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammealin sends this message to Illumar.
Quote:
We hope that after you see the truth as we have, you will aid us in our fight against these child stealing aggressors.



Meanwhile the zeppelin near the Badguy border has unloads the platoon it had been transporting. The lightly armored group of highly trained soldiers make their way to the Badguy border.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Empress is pleased by the reply from Sammaelin, and wonders if Badguy will send the explanation she requested.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Warpfire
You'll Never Take Me Alive!


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2199



PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathaniel frowns for a moment, thinking.

"Perhaps. I can't really think of what else they might be doing. But a bigger question might be where they are hiding all of those people."
_________________
"You too will come to understand fear, as I have."
- Pious Augustus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile:

So, how much are we sending to Sammealin? Mostly tanks, around twenty of them. A couple trucks full of weapons. Do you think we should send... that? It isn't tested yet. Exactly. This could be a perfect opportunity for a field test. And we have the blueprints. Maybe one of the smaller versions. I'll load it onto one of the trucks. The speaker motions with a hand, and one of the guards standing nearby peels off to go inform the techs.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They find themselves being fired on by Badguy border patrol.

"Hmm...Something of such a wide scale, would that be done just for fear of war?" Karlin questions.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The platoon returns fire with high powered rifles, that they seem to be concealing somewhere on their person. They take cover behind a crag of rock.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the border patrol are firing with standard issue rifles. A few, however, begin firing mortars at the troops that border patrol definitely should not have.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mortar lands among the crags of rock, blasting them to smitherines. The return fire from the platoon stops.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fire from the Badguy troops, however, does not.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smoldering rocks continue to get shot up then I suppose.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Badguys stop momentarily, waiting for a response. A small contingent begins to advance.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those smoldering rocks sure aren't doing much about the advance. It's like they don't even care.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The troops surround the rock. One of them begins to bark.

"ANY SURVIVORS, OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP! WEAPONS ON THE GROUND!"
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rock shifts, and a single wounded man stands up, raising his arms in the air. "Don't shoot." He says weakly.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"COME OVER HERE, NOW." The soldier shouts. They keep their guns trained on him.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man takes his first step. Bam, bam, bam! Gunfire rings out from above them. Bullets whiz into their midst.
_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevrmore
Spawn of Rorschach


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 4718


Location: A crazy nightmare and loving it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the troops fall. The other scatter, shooting at the air.
_________________

Build your enemy a golden bridge
With which he can retreat across.

- Sun Tzu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Geomancer
Rock in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 5993


Location: Optional

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll see the Sammealin platoon somehow hanging from the rock face with one hand and shooting with the other. One takes a bullet to the chest and falls off the cliff face and to the ground.


_________________
He holds him with his skinny hand,
`There was a ship,' quoth he.
`Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
Eftsoons his hand dropt he.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum