Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Guild Game
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Herbert rubs his bruised head and sets his eyes looking for the scaly twerp that had thought it a good idea to bean the misanthropic halfling with a rock.

Ah. There he is. The one looking guilty. Right, then. Ready... aim... and fire.

Attack and Damage Roll: 1d20+4=21; 1d6=1

Herbert quickly brings up a hand and points a finger at the lizard-y bastard before using said digit as the launching point of an Eldritch Blast which takes the form of a small bit of irregularly-shaped energy.

It's an Eldritch Rock is what I'm trying to get at here. Herbert's got a sense of irony.

With any luck it will knock the littler bugger right out of the tree.

((He's just changing what it looks like. This confers no bonus or penalty to the Eldritch Blast. Fluff, not crunch.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shylea's spell sends riots of color up into the faces of the puny creatures, and two of them are immediately stunned, dazed, and rendered unconscious by the spell. They plummet from their perches and hit the ground with twin, sickening crunches.
Ouch.
Herbert pegs another, and it yelps at him and catches its balance just barely.

The kobold mage looks over them and decides to at least try and even the odds. He flings the same spell at the same combatant- Tarvaris. The whooshing sound echoes again and Tarvaris gets struck in the face.
1d6=4 (nonlethal again)
Ouch.
Tarvaris collapses, unconscious. Poor guy.

The two remaining kobold warriors fling bullets at Shylea, then scamper down the tree.
1d20+3=10, 1d3-1=1, 1d20+3=20, 1d3-1=0 (min of 1, so 1 damage).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first hit, the second didn't...1 hp left.

She casts Color Spray again, at the two remaining kobolds.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert throws out and open hand and unleashes a plain old Eldritch Blast at one of the fleeing kobolds.

Attack and Damage Roll: 1d20+4=11; 1d6=1

((I just want to sit down and cry. Two ones in a row? Honestly... Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that an 11 won't even hit the little sucker...))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shylea's spell makes another kobold plop to the floor, while Herbert's spell flies over the head of the other.
The magician kobold flings a magic missile at Shylea.
1d4+1=2
He then leaps out of the tree and hits the ground, his fall slowing nicely before he hits.
The other kobold starts getting the hell out of there. He begins running into the forest (he's about 70 ft away, with some cover).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Shylea is knocked out of the battle. Leaving it up to Herbert....
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Oh, great. Leave it to the guy that can't roll worth a damn... give me a moment to get the numbers.))

Herbert sees Shylea fall and decides to use mortalbane with Eldritch Blast, thus increasing it's destructive power.

Damage and Attack Roll: 1d20+4=5; 1d6+2d6=7

Ah. Well, crap.

((I want to murder the person that programmed this dice roller. Sorry, guys. It was out of my hands.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sorcerer yips at the normal kobold, and it turns around and looks uneasily at Herbert, but doesn't attack yet.
The sorcerer, in the meantime, creates a nasty snapping sound around Herbert, dealing him one damage of sonic energy.
(make a will save too...)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert fails his Will Save.

Will Save: 1d20+1=4

His player waits for the DM to tell him what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert is deafened for one round. He gets a penalty to initiative (so nothing really happens...) and fails listen checks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert (who sucks something awful, apparently) misses again. Big surprise there.

Attack and Damage Roll: 1d20+4=7; 1d6+2d6=8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kobold sorcerer focuses his will and flings a small jet of flame at Herbert.
1d20+2=10
It misses rather poorly as well.
It truly is a great standoff- two wizards, dueling it out by missing each other.
The kobold warrior rallies and makes his way closer and uses his sling.
1d20+3=17
The stone bounces off of Herbert's armor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert's player sighs as he realizes that this has to drag on for a bit longer before it finally ends.

Herbert rather unenthusiastically raises an open hand and launches another mortalbane-empowered Eldritch Blast at his scaly enemy.

Attack and Damage Roll: 1d20+4=22; 1d6+2d6=15

Huh. Well, would you look at that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sorcerer kobold dies.
Well, that's an understatement.

A shrieking bolt of eldritch energy empowered by techniques handed down by the most vengeful of the spiritual races- those among the outsiders, hits the kobold mage in the chest and tears the very fabric of his being apart, shattering his pathetically fragile shell apart in an explosive burst of blood and gore.

The kobold warrior realizes just how lucky he was earlier when Herbert grazed him and then runs screaming off towards the deep woods again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert blinks in surprise at his own relative effectiveness. Then he frowns as he realizes that he is, predictably, covered in kobold goo.

"Yn, pen! Dned'm tumkomdurk!"*

He sets to rousing his fellows, though he has no training in this and is thus even more useless now then he was in the blasted battle...

[* Oh, bah! That's disgusting!]

((Vael informs me that the kobold was actually some ten feet away. But I've never let reality stand between me and making a joke. So there.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarvaris is going to be out for another three hours or so, unless Herbert manages to make a heal check to help him regain his HP.
Shylea looks oddly unharmed... and not actually unconscious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert shakes her by the shoulder.

"Shylea? Shylea, are you okay? What's going on?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shylea blearily opens her eyes, Herbert....I think one of them hit me on the head with one of those rocks. She puts one hand up to her head.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nods.

"Yeah, you got knocked pretty hard. Are you okay? Can you stand?"


Last edited by Sophistemon on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert gets the feeling that Shylea's not quite telling the truth...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shylea reaches for something to help her get up.
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarvaris is probably still knocked out on the ground.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert extends a hand to Shylea and helps her stand before going to check on Tarvaris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shylea gets up and follows him to check on Tarvaris, How is he?
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sophistemon
A God am I


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 6057


Location: Terra Incognita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert shrugs.

"I don't know. My forte is putting people in a worse condition than the one he's in."

Still, he kneels down beside his companion and attempts to wake him up.

((Some sort of Check, Vael?))

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum