Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grand Duke Agreas' Citadel
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Grand Duke Agreas' Citadel  Reply with quote

This was once a pleasant little peninsula with a prosperous town doing plentiful trade in both fishing, arable farming and livestock.  There are few signs remaining of this land's pleasant past: the ruined docks, and dead hedegrow marking the borders between identically devastated patches of land are pretty much it.  Now the land is dominated by the Citadel: an enormous fortress surrounded by a 40ft wall and rising dozens of storeys high.  At its highest point, a twisted metal spire stabs upwards into the sky.

There seems to be a high level of magic industrialisation here.  Within the walls are the smoking chineys of factories spewing out blood-red smoke which chokes the sky and removes all sign of night and day.  Whatever is manufactured within those walls, the results are not shared with the vast majority of the population who live in an enormous shanty town around the Citadel.

Agreas seems to be fond of the blood theme: everything is the colour of dried blood.

-----------------------------

Kratos, then Jamin, Jonah and Greeny arrive on beach where soot has replaced the sand, and the sea looks oily and thick with the stuff.  Far out to sea, a large Man o'War can be seen.

The view from here is not very inspiring: shanty town leading up to an impenetrable wall, followed by the looming fortress.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who
Who?


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 71965


Location: The Shining World of the Seven Systems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurora appears behind them, stumbling a little, disoriented from her method of transportation.
_________________
Aurora avatar by Deadly ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melantha and Tala bundle through a little after. Melantha looks at the monstrous structure and frowns.
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laume appears in a pop and a "...eeeeee"

She looks around. "Well this is cheery," she said and pulled open a small hole in the air. She didn't want to go in unprepared in case she couldn't get it open further in. Rummaging around inside she begins pulling out stuff; tools and little vials of wicked looking concoctions in her belt, a backpack on her back and a fishing hat on her head. All fairy sized. She pulls out a few more things and stuffs them in her pockets, and finally her all important scalpel, then lets the hole close back up with a snap. "Alright!"
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn, appearing, looks to Aurora with concern. "Hey, you OK?" she akss, before looking around and frowning. "Ugh. This place is disgusting. I hate it already."
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think it gets worse," Kratos says apologetically.  "This is the closest I could get us - we'll have to walk the rest of the way.  Can't risk any more teleportations without letting Agreas know we're here, and that's not the mission.  We'll want to find a quiet way in, try not to draw attention to ourselves."

"Well, maybe," Jonah begins.  "But if mum's cover was blown, she'd be in a cell, right? I know we just got here, and this is crazy," ((Couldn't resist, sorry Very Happy)) "But we could let ourselves get arrested.  Then we're in the cells, find mum, and bamf outta there."

"If her cover's been blown," Greeny points out.  "If she avoided the initial witch-hunt, she could be anywhere in there," he says, nodding his head towards the citadel.  "But I don't have a better plan.  So, we sneak in or get arrested?" he asks the group.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who
Who?


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 71965


Location: The Shining World of the Seven Systems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurora nods in response to Quinn's question. She remains silent for the most part however, waiting to see how the rest of the group weighs in on Greeny's question.
_________________
Aurora avatar by Deadly ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melantha sneaks in behind Jonah and snakes her arms around her waist "I don't think that my pride would allow myself to be captured, even by intention." she rests her chin lightly on Jonah's shoulder.
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, sounds like fun," the little fairy said cheerfully. "But we could make getting arrested our plan B. Why not try to get as far as we can without being caught, and if we're caught it's ... well, then it was plan B all along and we're like criminal masterminds." She rubbed her hands together, then added, "Do we know how to get out of prison, or will we just have to wing it when we get there?"
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There's also the thing that we don't know if their jail cells are warded against teleportation," Quinn points out. "Or that we would be put in the same cell as her. Or even the same jail. I don't like this idea," she finishes, frowning.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sounds like we'd better find another way in," Kratos says.  "If we're really unlucky, we'll end up in the cells anyway."

"Besides the gates, aren't there any other ways in?" Greeny asks.  Kratos shakes his head.

"None of the paladins ever mentioned any other way in.  We'd best get as close as we can and see if anything jumps out at us.  And, uh, try not to rile up the locals.  Some of them hate Agreas, but a lot more worship him."

Kratos leads the group away from the beach and up into what passes for a town here.  The people here have next to nothing save for the clothes on their backs, but while some look desperate, or even ashamed, others look more defiant.

One thing is clear: the group stands out like neon.

The group reaches a wider part of the road, something like a village square.  From here, the road straight ahead is better paved and wider, leading straight up to the gates.  There is a strong and very unpleasant stench coming from not far away to the left, behind some of the hovels, and there is a narrow path splitting from the main road going to the right.

Kratos wrings his hands anxiously.

"If we get much closer to the gates, they'll see us," he says.  "Which way should we go?  The stinky road or the narrow road?"

The party could move on, or try asking someone in the square.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Would they have any way to detect something incorporeal and invisible approaching the gate? Like true seeing or other spells?"
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And what about teleportation?" Quinn adds. "Like, Dimension Door and stuff, to get closer even if inside is warded."
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stinky but less visible is better that walking right up to the gate, isn't it?" the fairy suggested. "I can scout ahead if needed, I'm small and can hide easily."
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Teleportation's out, not least because that level of magic is going to alert Agreas to us being there. Sure, a load of his normal soldiers we could probably handle, but if he sets his generals on us, we'd be overwhelmed fast," Kratos says.  "As for incorporeal and invisible stuff, if we coulda done that rather than send people under cover, we would've done."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melantha taps her chin "How often do people come in and out of the gate?"
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who said anything about magic?" Quinn huffs, tapping the side of her head. "Psion here."
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Officially, no one comes out of the gate.  Unofficially, we heard reports that small groups of five or so come out every night to take one of the citizens into the citadel," Kratos replies.  "Sounds very risky.  Even if they can't magically detect you, there are sentries all along the wall."

"What are you thinking, Mel?" Jonah asks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melantha is slightly unsure what to suggest, most of her infiltration in the past has relied on magic and most of the other methods might have been tried in the past "The is not the greatest plan ever, but what if some people made a huge distraction near here to draw the attention of the guards away from the gate and the rest of us sneak in while that's going on." because splitting up the party is a sure fire way to success.
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laume pulled a small book out from her backpack and flipped through its pages. "I could possibly turn all of you tiny too, then we could sneak up all ninja-like and maybe find some small drain in the wall, or some rat warrens under the city. There are bound to be rats in an ugly place like this. Maybe we could even dress as rats. No one suspects the rats."
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...rats? Eeew." Quinn shivers, rubbing her arms as she cringes at the thought of having to work through as rodentia.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos considers.

"We'd be very vulnerable, Laume.  I'm not sure I fancy being crushed underfoot, or eaten by a cat.  But Mel's plan, that could work!"

"I can do distractions," Jonah says.  "Big exploding magic things, that's my strength.  The rest of you should get ready to sneak in."

Kratos nods.
"We're not far off nightfall," he says.  We'd best get ready for the gates to open."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melantha raises an eyebrow at Jonah "Are you going to stay outside?"
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, that's sizeist! I've never been eaten by any cat, and I've seen some really big cats. And I've never been stepped on either. Just because you're small doesn't mean you're weak" the fairy huffed. She really liked her plan, it would be all sorts of fun. "But I guess blowing up stuff works too"
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's the plan," Jonah says cheerfully, woefully unaware that plans are a bad idea in this world Very Happy.  "I'll *bamf* back to the beach as soon as I'm done."

Kratos winces.
"I used to be small," he says.  "And cats were terrifying."  He turns to Mel.  "I reckon if we hide in that alley there," he says, indicating one slightly further up the street.  "We'd be close enough to run in when the gates open."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum