Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Temple of Inari XXXIII
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

((Sorry for missing everything. Terraria ate my day.))

Susan undeadtimes. Blinks.
"...I just missed something important, didn't I."
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyOfWar



Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 576



PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesawe is still here. She looks at the goings-on around her with marked interest, and a good deal of worry.

She walks over to where the temple folk are tending the wounded and asks the nearest werefox, "How may I be of service?"
_________________
*Cue theme music* Return of the Flying Sheep! *End theme music*

Formerly known at wingrae.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The healers look at Lesawe

Washing and bandaging would be the most help, while people wait their turn for magic

Fenric sighs

We don't know where Krystal is.  She had gone off with someone on one of her treasure-hunts, and we've never heard from her again.

We've tried to locate her, but she was the best of us at that, and it seems that she's either hiding or being hidden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Something smells like a side-quest Wink ))

If they can read the facial expressions of a cat he looks somewhere between upset and disappointed "That is a pity, she helped us out with this problem before." he pauses a bit before continuing "A couple of years back the temple, with Krystal's aid, cleared out an infestation of devils in a property in the middle district. We had claimed it in Herreldr's name, but after a time we...err...forgot about it. Very recently we finally had a use for it, but when we tried to contact the premises we found that the devils had returned, in equal or greater strength than before."
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenric looks unabashedly disgusted

Those miserable devil-worshippers came back?  I suppose Town is just too tempting for them to keep away.

Fenric shakes his head

We're a bit thin on the ground right now, Kalidas: there's Hawkeye, Ilias, and myself.  And we were just attacked by...

an acolyte brings Fenric a small parchment, containing the results of the research into the cultists' symbols.

The 'Sons of Adam', a human-centric racial purity gang/cult.  A group devoted to exterminating non-humans, and particularly opposed to any sort of mingling.  Yay.

Fenric wads up the parchment in his fist

Seems they found a pet wizard to buff them up somewhat and even animate the bodies when they fell.  They managed to get through the catacombs and attack from behind -- we're filling those in, now, by the way.  Should have done that ages ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're a bit thin on the ground ourselves, almost all of our power has been shifted to Abeir-Toril. That's where I've been spending most of my time, but this is a big enough matter, plus I was involved before, for me to bring the news to you." another pause "Although there are two demi-gods we can call upon, those two are always itching for some action."

Hawkeye looks pretty unconvinced by the answer of who the intruders were, but Kalidas' presence is keeping him silent for now.
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenric nods

Thank you, I do appreciate it.  And those devils need to be sent packing again, to be sure.

Fenric contemplates who he might possibly get to help.

Devils take such high-end magic or impressively enchanted weapons to handle at all safely.  And I can't leave this temple undefended...  

I can ask Izumi, though I am skeptical about how well her shadow-magic will fare against devils.  Who are these demi-gods you have in mind?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jonah and Jamin Herreldr. Their attitudes and abilities are quite...unconventional but they have their Father's ability with fire. Also if they go I'm sure that our shadowcaster will follow." a bit of a pause "Although I think now she'll have no direct affiliation with the temple."
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LadyOfWar



Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 576



PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesawe absorbs the mongoose she'd been holding and sets about washing and bandaging. Her nimble fingers move with gentle ease, soothing pain and clearing wounds of infection-causing debris.

She steps around and between the wounded and the busy foxes with ease, never in the way, always at the ready. It is as if she has done this sort of thing before.

"Any word on who did this?" she asks a nearby werefox when the initial rush begins to die down.
_________________
*Cue theme music* Return of the Flying Sheep! *End theme music*

Formerly known at wingrae.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A devil cult, you say?" Laume wakes from deadtime long enough to chime in "I'd love to help giving them the boot! And confiscate any secret lore they keep... and maybe a body or two" she grins excitedly

Ilias wakes up too "I will stay here, to help protect the temple. I doubt we've seen the last attack."
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Bushranger
Corrupted to the Core


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 37904


Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan runs her hand through her hair, and follows Lesawe, looking determined to help out here.
She unclips a small, silver cylinder from her belt, rolling it in her hand.
_________________
"You have declared war upon the Cybermen."
"THIS-IS-NOT-WAR, THIS-IS-PEST-CON-TROL."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Work's busy - no time today.  Sorry ))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenric casts a difficult twist on the otherwise simple Sending spell, directing it off to another dimension.

Shortly after, Izumi merely steps out of his shadow.  She's no longer the lithe little thing she once was, having grown into a fully mature fox-woman.  Her voice is silky and alluring as she addresses the cat.

Hello, Kalidas.  It's been quite a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Quick recap on the two completely separate species you'll find here.

Werefox: their "true" form is an elf.  These guys are not 'infected', but naturally born as per the 2nd edition D&D suppliment Van Richten's Guide to Werebeasts.  Otherwise, standard lyncanthropic rules apply.

Kitsune:  their "true" form is a fox.  It is the Japanese word for fox (though it is the familiar form, with good connotations).  They are as per an amalgamation of Japanese folklore, for which wikipedia is a VERY BAD source. ))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Argh - interrupted.

Anyway, Izumi is a Kitsune: she carries a magic ball that is part of her soul, and has a compulsion to play with it from time to time.  she is good at illusions, enjoys flitring with and/or seducing people, and can drain your emotions. ))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Izumi. Indeed it has been." Kalidas changes into his human form, he looks very much like Alex except for his hair which is shorter and black and red. However the most striking difference since they've last seen him is a large, angry looking scar running down his right eye, in it's place is what looks like an artificial replacement that gives off a dull, red glow "How do you fancy taking out a devil infestation?"

Hawkeye, in the meantime, scowls and walks out the nearest door available.
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izumi smiles

Sounds like fun.  When do we start?

Fenric nods

I'll leave this in your hands - we need to prepare for the inevitable next assault

He heads out after Hawkeye, hoping to catch up with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As soon as we can get everybody available, they'll probably be in greater numbers and be slightly better prepared. They did invade territory that we controlled and will be expecting a counter attack."

Hawkeye is leaning on a nearby wall outside the sanctuary and is looking slightly skywards.
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Sanctuary]

Izumi nods

Shall we proceed, then?

[Garden]

Fenric comes over to Hawkeye

Penny for your thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalidas nods "You round up all the people that want to follow here and go to the middle district, I'll go and hopefully pick up Jamin and Jonah at the Tavern and catch up."

Hawkeye looks at Fenric "Sorry, there's something about my so called 'relatives' that gets my heckles up."
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Libris



Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 638



PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Pffft, some of us are freakin' awesome, eff why eye...))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laume flitters about excitedly. Apparently the prospect of giving a bunch of devil worshipers the boot appeals to the fairy.

((I try to log on a few times a day, but I seem to have a way of avoiding the times when you're all online too))
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Comic Book Hero


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25600


Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Yeah, working with a few people who operate on different time schedules will probably be very tricky))
_________________
Endellion

Archive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fenric
Lord Bushy-tailed


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14237


Location: Irving, TX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Yeah, it's not going to move quickly. ))

Izumi nods and heads out.

**

[Garden]

Fenric nods

Considering all the trouble you've had with them in the past, I can't blame you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laume follows Izumi


_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum