Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return of the Karistan Empire
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Wukei
Master of Emo Chinchillas


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 36024



PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Return of the Karistan Empire  Reply with quote


Return of the Karistan Empire

There's a slight buzzing sound as a broken electric line angrily speaks of the abuse to the unmoving ship.  Otherwise, the silence seems to go on forever.  The air has become stale, but still contains plenty of oxygen.  Taldi may have heard the scuffle above, but the rest of the team has been put into a drug induced coma due to the length of travel from the port they entered the ship on and their arrival at the other side of the galaxy.  The ship's current lack of power should wake each of them soon enough.

Apparently, someone (or two, actually) had already woken earlier.  One of the beds is empty, and the occupant is currently on the floor (so at least the gravity is still working) laying next to a pile of rubble that seems to have been broken away from the ceiling, his hand clutching the hilt of a lightsaber.  Next to him is the unconscious form of a white something that looks like a mix between a rabbit and a dog.

The crew that was awake for the transportation of the guests of the ship are all dead.  Slain by what seems to be a good old fashion sword rather than a lightsaber or blasters.



Last edited by Wukei on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3-M7

The little utility droid traveling with Analla is amongst the first to 'wake.' Not needing sleep, the droid had gone into stand-by for the trip instead. His photoreceptor flickers to life and his flat head swivels, taking in the room.

Dwee-oo?* T3 rolls out of his corner and over to Analla, poking her with a computer probe to help wake her up.

*hello?
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jacklu
Give 'Em a Little Razzle Dazzle


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 8401


Location: a mile away and a hundred feet down

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taldi was indeed aware of the scuffle, having probably felt the emotional tumult that comes with such things.  She is also well versed in the art of surviving.  And at the time, that meant staying out of the way.  Crews came and went.  She would likely have outlived them anyways.  What she does care about, though, is making sure she doesn't die out here in the vastness of space.  

To that end she makes her way to where the rest of the passengers were kept.  She might be able to run the ship on her own, but why go through the trouble when she can wake somebody else up to do it for her?  She weasels her way into the passenger compartment via a duct and looks down over the sleeping beings within.  

Her gaze is immediately drawn to the unconscious kushiban on the floor.  She is, frankly, stunned.  She hasn't seen one of her kind since she left her home world, and that was a very long time ago.  

She hesitates for a moment.  Movement...  A droid.  Nothing to be afraid of.  Droids rarely caused her trouble, and they were easily disabled if they did.  

She hops down and approaches the kushiban cautiously.
_________________
characters

"Isn't Sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy ... ooh hoo hoo hoo ... the sky's the limit!"
-The Tick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analla rolls over and giggles. "Stop that..." The zeltron murmurs, before blinking awake. Something wasn't right. The air. Why wasn't is circulating.

Sitting up she looks down at the T3 unit next to her bed. "What's going on?" She asks, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. "Trouble?"
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bweee, dee re blir znnngg.* T3 swivels his head to point at the unconscious fellow in the middle of the room, and the two animals, one unconscious and one not, next to him.

*don't know. There's certainly something wrong.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko Giesa

Ko awakens from the stasis with eyes narrowed, being careful to hunch over when he steps from the bed as to not hit his head on the ceiling. He spies the two forms on the floor, and approaches them with a grace a being his size would not normally portray, and with as much alertness as just waking up from a deep sleep would allow. He kneels next to the more humanoid one and places a hand on his shoulder.

My friend, are you okay?

_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jacklu
Give 'Em a Little Razzle Dazzle


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 8401


Location: a mile away and a hundred feet down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taldi looks up at Ko as he approaches.  Her fur shifts involuntarily to a light gray and she scurries back to make room for the anx.  She would normally hightail it at this point, but her need for contact with one of her kind is over powering.  Surprisingly so.  She creeps forward and nudges the kushiban gently, keeping a large eye on the anx.
_________________
characters

"Isn't Sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy ... ooh hoo hoo hoo ... the sky's the limit!"
-The Tick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wukei
Master of Emo Chinchillas


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 36024



PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Just because we don't want everyone clamouring into a ball around him, and it may take some longer to wake up than others:)

The kushiban seems to sense when he's approached.  Or perhaps the noise wakes him.  He jumps up and backs away from the group surrounding him, tail tucked between his legs, apparently dazed and confused.

As soon as his humanoid companion is touched, the man reaches and catches Ko's hand in his with such speed that it may even stun a Jedi Master.  His grip loosens as he sees that it isn't whoever his assailants were.  He sits up after releasing Ko, and grips his other arm.  Blood was soaking through his robe.  He keeps his head bowed low so as not to reveal his face.  Is everyone in here still alive?

The kushiban, seeing that his friend is still alive and that no one here seemed to be the troublemaker, speaks, It seems so, Master Kalentite.  Though, why, after we were defeated--I'm not sure.  Though kushiban have the ability to walk on four or two feet, this one seems to prefer being on all fours.
_________________

You must love the cuteness that is Sin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Monkey Muse
Lost in Thought


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5110


Location: Middle Georgia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cad slowly awakens from the stasis, making sure he ttakes it easy on muscles weakened from stasis. He looks around, wondering why no one was here to greet him. He steps out into the hallway, and calls out.

Hello? Is there anyone here?
_________________
Formerly Inigo_Montoya. Angelic Monkey avatar by wingrae

Characters: Peter, Nishi, and Coritin for the moment.
Test Characters: Esti and Celyn


Last edited by Monkey Muse on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko smiles a bit grimly at Taldi, before his eyes flit back to the one called Kalentite, the speed of the grab gaining his attention. The smile turns to more of a grimace when he sees the man's wounds.

Stay still.

The anx shuts his eyes and clears his mind, calling upon  the force to knit any wounds he may have shut.

Who attacked you? What is wrong with the ship?

_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jacklu
Give 'Em a Little Razzle Dazzle


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 8401


Location: a mile away and a hundred feet down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taldi's fur bristles and darkens further.  She lets out a small hiss and looks around.  

[kushiban]"Quiet you fool!  If they catch you talking...  you'll...  you'll ruin everything!"

She glances up at the Anx.
_________________
characters

"Isn't Sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy ... ooh hoo hoo hoo ... the sky's the limit!"
-The Tick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analla realizes the man that was on the floor was injured. She stands up and starts searching the room. "There should be a med kit around here somewhere." She says, mostly to herself. As she searches, she keeps an ear out for the answers to Ko's questions.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wukei
Master of Emo Chinchillas


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 36024



PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalentite places a hand to his head below his hood. I...don't remember.  It's like it was clear as day a moment ago, and now it's just vanished.  Tak?

Tak glances in the direction of the Duros' voice before answering.  Oh, I'm afraid I can't help you, Master Kalentite.  I found you when you were already unconscious, and I'm afraid at that point I had someone attack me from behind...

The other kushiban looks at Taldi with amusement.  Ruin what, exactly?  As many here seem to be force users--seeing as half the weapons are lightsabers or other force weapons--I can tell you that in all probability they can understand every single word you say.  Besides...from your action you seem to believe that being a pet is the way to go.  I will not debase myself in such a manner, thank you very much.  I am as smart as everyone here.  I have no shame in that.  He steps over to her and sits up so that he seems more humanoid in his stance, holding out a paw to her.  I can assure you, my dear, that even should anyone try to harm you, my companion and I will not allow it.  I am Tak.

Kalentite waves Analla's search off.  Don't bother.  The Force-user here has helped a bit.  It's a bit sore, and I'm sure I'll be stiff for a while, but I'm fine.
_________________

You must love the cuteness that is Sin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Monkey Muse
Lost in Thought


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5110


Location: Middle Georgia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing noises from further down the hallway, Cad heads that direction. Before he gets there however, he finds a body. He quickly checks for lifesigns and when he finds none, stands and proceeds down the hallway again, only slightly more quietly.
   When he reaches the door to where he thinks the sounds are coming from, he listens at it, trying to determine if they are allies.
_________________
Formerly Inigo_Montoya. Angelic Monkey avatar by wingrae

Characters: Peter, Nishi, and Coritin for the moment.
Test Characters: Esti and Celyn


Last edited by Monkey Muse on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwwern dridllepp epp epp vooo...* T3 rolls over to the two Kushiban and stares at them with his softly glowing photoreceptor. Drnnn neep?** Seems the little droid has decided that the Jedi master and his friend are most qualified to offer leadership, given that Analla is busy medkit hunting.

*I wish I had stayed awake. Might have seen something useful...
**What do we do now?
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anx stands up to his full height (or as high as the ceiling will allow), and looks to the others

I know someone who can help find your assailants. Though leaving to find her may not be the wisest action right now.

He looks to the still-slumbering people in the room, and seems a bit anxious.
_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jacklu
Give 'Em a Little Razzle Dazzle


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 8401


Location: a mile away and a hundred feet down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taldi's fur darkens another shade.  She is reminded why she left home in the first place.  

[kushiban]"Arrogant little...  Listen, I don't make any pretenses that my life is the most glamorous, but it has served me very well.  Feel all high and mighty if you want, but I would prefer not to end up in a cycling airlock again..."

She looks at him for a long moment, then sighs.  Survive.  She wasn't sure what was going on, but getting on the bad side of a force user when so many were around was certainly not the way to go about it.  Her fur lightens again and she extends her paw and takes his.  

[kushiban]"Taldi."
_________________
characters

"Isn't Sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy ... ooh hoo hoo hoo ... the sky's the limit!"
-The Tick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analla nods to Kalentite and abandons her search. "So long as you're alright." She glances at the two Kushiban and her own little droid. It would be an absolutely adorable sight, if the situation weren't so serious.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wukei
Master of Emo Chinchillas


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 36024



PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalentite pats the droid on top of it's "head," seeming to take the place of leader in stride. We find a way to get this metal deathtrap moving.

It is not arrogant to want to be treated as an equal, and not a pet, Tak informs Taldi. You don't have to hide here.  Notice that no one here looks like anyone else?  It is because these people have learned to treat one another as equals.  Or at least equal enough to want to save the galaxy together.

Kalentite stands, revealing himself to be over half the height of the anx (2.24 meters [8 feet.])  He looks around at the destruction.  Tak?

I break things, Master Kalentite.  I don't fix them.

Kalentite glances around the room at the group for someone that looked like they knew how to get the ship moving again.  You, he points at Ko, wake the others.  He then looks toward the droid, You find someone that knows how to make repairs and help them with it as much as you can.  Droids are good at that, right?  Sure, he could understand binary.  Didn't mean he knew much else about droids. Tak, you and Taldi, apparently he was a good listener, search the ship for anything useful.  Tools, weapons, medpacs.  Anything.

He looks to Analla, See if you can find a way to contact anyone.  We may need some help should we not be able to repair this thing.

He then heads for the door that leads from the room toward the bridge of the ship, I'm going to see about something else...
_________________

You must love the cuteness that is Sin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko grumbles a bit, a sound which can be heard in everyone's chests. He turns to the two Kushiban and kneels down so he is eye level with the fuzzy specie

Since you both are going out... Could you please check on the condition of my friend? She would be in cargo, I think.
_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jacklu
Give 'Em a Little Razzle Dazzle


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 8401


Location: a mile away and a hundred feet down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taldi rolls her eyes.  

[kushiban]"Alright.  Enough of the cultural togetherness speech."

She looks up at Kalentite.  

[common]"I don't recall ever agreeing to take orders.  Not from you at least.  I'm no-ones pet to be ordered around."

She turns and heads back towards the duct she got in through, pausing to look back at Tak.

[kushiban]"You coming?  The cargo bay is as good a place as any to start looking for supplies."

She glances at the anx but doesn't say anything to acknowledge his request.  Can probably be assumed she will keep an eye out for his companion though.
_________________
characters

"Isn't Sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy ... ooh hoo hoo hoo ... the sky's the limit!"
-The Tick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Right." Analla tries to think of where the communications equipment would be. Either on the bridge, or perhaps in a seperate area of the ship, depending on its side. Whichever it is, she'll head there.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wukei
Master of Emo Chinchillas


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 36024



PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't she the one saying a minute ago that she wanted to be a pet, Tak asks over his shoulder as he hops up on the table where the weapons have been stored, grabs his lightsaber and belt, puts it on, then heads after the other kushiban.  Kalentite just chuckles as his companion complains about 'women like her being the reason he left' while he climbs up into the ventilation with a bit of effort.

Kalentite allows Analla through the door to the bridge first, his gentle, sad smile the only part of his face that's visible.  Watch your step.  The crew has been killed, and it is bad enough that they died for no reason.  They shouldn't be kicked around after death.

(As they split up, I'm going to leave this as a good place to get other people to post.)
_________________

You must love the cuteness that is Sin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frrrrn zgah.* T3 clicks his head back and forth a couple times in a rough approximation of a shake. He looks over at some of the others. Bubeeep opp nee?**

*I mostly do computers, actually.
**Anyone a mechanic? I can try, but no promises.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko stands again and goes to wake up the others, nudging them if it's required.


_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum