Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Citadel of the Demon Prince
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Anemone is stunned by the screech, though hopefully whatever damage she would be doing in this round would be done by the downpour of holy water (assuming the rain's going when the demons show up)

Spoiler:


_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irruvian draws his bow and fires at the demon nearest Chaer.

Spoiler:


Initiative:1d20+4=10

Attacks:1d20+16=21, 1d20+11=26, 1d20+6=19 Gah, forgot the attack bonus from the bow. Actual attacks: 22, 27, and 20

Damages:1d8+1=6, 1d6=1, 1d8+1=7, 1d6=3, 1d8+1=9, 1d6=1


_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Pokes Destro! Come on, I know you're there

Lykan: I sort of assumed the storm was over by this point, but in either case the two demons are outside it's area of effect currently, as they are sitting fairly high up.))
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Sorry! Been a bit busy))

Deckard shakes off the screech, taking aim at the vulture demon with his bow. He looses a pair of shots, hoping that the damn thing will at least notice them.

Spoiler:

Fort Save:1d20+7=22 whew. Close, that one. I hate fort saves.

Shots fired: 1d20+16=34, 1d20+11=29

Of course, watch this fail to bypass DR or something silly like that.


_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra steps into the room.  She looks up and casts Acid Storm directly above them.

Spoiler:

damage - 12d6=44  Reflex DC 21 for half damage, spell resistance: no


_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1
Chaer, acting quickly despite the rather solid blow he just took, quickly steps back and begins the casting of a spell. Meanwhile Deckard shoots at the vulture. Both arrows strike the bird, but as expected they fail to do it any harm.

The demon near the stairs takes a quick look at the situation before calling out in a dark tongue, to work a spell. A moment later a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness fills the library room. The unholy power of the spell tearing mercilessly at everyone. ((25 damage to Deckard and Anemone, 12 damage to Chaer and Irruvian. Deckard and Anemone are sickened for 1 round. Will save DC 16 halves the damage and negates the sickness.))

The vulture likewise works a spell of its own, and suddenly multiplies, becoming no less than 8 identical demons... or so it seems. They all taunt the party with a clenched fist while moving in and out between each other. In but a moment it seems like the entire upper level of the tower is crammed full of demon vultures ((Not going to draw all these images on the map this time, just imagine they are there))

Irruvian quickly fires at the demon on the stairs, but not a single one of his arrows manage to strike the swift demon and strikes instead harmlessly against the wall and bookcases behind it.

Cassandra quickly moves across the room, but slips on the slippery wax on the floor and falls. While the others fight she quickly struggles to get back on her feet ((Balance 8 vs DC 12. Assuming you use your second move action to stand up from being prone immediately this round. It'd have taken you two moves to get into the library even if you had not fallen, so in either case you would not get to cast the spell this round. You can cast it in round 2, though))

Karil follows Cassandra, but manages to get across the puddle of wax without falling. He decides to offer her a hand up, and wait for her, figuring it would be bad if she got trapped on this side of the wall alone and another demon or something decided to appear.

Anemone shivers from the terrible screech and becomes almost entirely stiff.

Round 2
The wall remains transparent for now, flickering in its strange way.

Spoiler:



Chaer (18 ) : 32/62 hp
Deckard (17) : 62/62 hp
RW : Unwounded
Demon O : Wounded, mirror image (8 images)
Irruvian (10) : 81/81 hp
Cassandra (9) : 31/31 hp
Karil (8 ) : 97/97 hp
Anemone (8 ) : 69/69 hp

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irruvian shifts his aim, firing an arrow at three of the vulture-demon's images.


_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Cassandra gets up with a little help...
_________________
Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anemone shakes off her condition and slinks over to the vulture demon and it's mirror images, attempting an Area Dispel.

Spoiler:


Dispel Check: 1d20+10=14

Will Save: 1d20+13=31


_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Waiting for Chaer and Deckard

wxdruid: Sorry if I confused you. You still get to act (move and cast spells) in this round, Cassandra just spent her first turn (in round 1) falling and standing back up. You can post your actions now, or wait until I've posted for the two demons. Either way is fine with me))
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaer considers this unholy cloud to be a mere irritant compared to the bookcase thrown against him earlier. He shrugs off most of the damage and finishes his spell, calling from the elemental planes a furious elemental creature of the storms.
He commands it to transform into a whirlwind and envelop the two demonic creatures and awaits the results before deciding on something else.

Spoiler:

[Will Save + 18 = 27]
[Concentration Check (to continue casting through damage) + 16 = 36]

Summon a Huge Air Elemental into whatever squares are convenient. Delay Action.

Huge Air Elemental enters whirlwind form and does its best to get as many demons in it as possible with priority to the demon near the stairs. 2d8 damage, and the target must make a reflex save (DC 24) or be thrown into the whirlwind's airspace.

Stats: 168 hp (DR 5/—); AC 21; Fort +11, Ref +19, Will +5; 2 Slams + 21 melee (2d8+6); Special Attacks Air Mastery and Whirlwind.


_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's no fun at all. Deckard decides that right now would be a good time to become scarce, and heads back through the wall. He can't do anything staying where he is, and whatever that was just took a lot out of him.

Spoiler:

1d20+6=11 Failed save. Whee.


_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2
Chaer shrugs off most of the cloud [6 damage] and brings into being a huge, raging elemental storm. It hovers above the group before turning into a furious whirlwind and heading for the two demons. The demon at the stairs fights against the winds and manages to stay on the ground but the harsh winds tear at it mercilessly [8 dmg]. The vulture images are quickly pulled off the ground but lets themselves get carried away to avoid any damage at first. They all tumble around in the wind.

Deckard feels less than well as the cloud surrounds him [25 damage, sickened] and escapes through the transparent wall.

Meanwhile the demon at the top of the stairs leaps over the stairs to get away from the elemental, then swoops down at Chaer with its wicked spear, clearly intending to introduce him to its pointy end. The demon stabs quickly at Chaer, sinking the wicked spear into him [9 damage, 1 Con damage]

The vulture fights against the winds. This causes all the images to flicker and fade away [8 damage], leaving only the real demon. Furiously the demon tears itself free from the winds and decends to the floor behind Anemone and Irruvian where it releases a cloud of spores which instantly begins to tear at the skin of the two [3 damage to Irruvian and Anemone]. The demon, meanwhile, has taken a few jumps away from them, to avoid immediate retribution.

((Still need the actions of Cassandra, and I'll let Chaer and Deckard act again for Round 3 so that we can hopefully get a proper rythm into this encounter. If others want to, you can change what you were going to do based on this post. Sorry for the confusing start))

Spoiler:



Chaer : 17/62 hp, -1 Con
Elemental : 168 hp, Whirlwind 1/8 rounds
Deckard : 37/62 hp, sickened 1/1 rounds
RW : Barely Wounded, 5 ft above ground
Demon O : Wounded, 1 ft above ground
Irruvian : 78/81 hp, Spores 1/10 rounds
Cassandra : 31/31 hp
Karil : 97/97 hp
Anemone : 66/69 hp, Spores 1/10 rounds

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
wxdruid
Beloved Druid


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 25232


Location: somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra steps into the room.  She looks up and casts Acid Storm directly above them.

Spoiler:

damage - 12d6=44  Reflex DC 21 for half damage, spell resistance: no

I will continue with this action...


_________________
Inner Circle


Last edited by wxdruid on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irruvian still figures trying to eliminate the vulture demon is a good idea, especially after what it just did to him. Those spores hurt.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC]Before I make my move, is the spear that just stabbed Chaer made of metal or wood?
Random question, I know.[/OOC]
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deckard, meanwhile, is trying not to lose his lunch. Fortunately there wasn't much of it. He'll be alright in a moment, but for now he's hiding back behind the flickery wall where it's safe.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chilli God wrote:
[OOC]Before I make my move, is the spear that just stabbed Chaer made of metal or wood?
Random question, I know.[/OOC]


((Uh... most spears are made from wood, I think... except the pointy end. I'd say this one is the same.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anemone fires a lance of howling energy at the vulture demon.


Spoiler:


CL Check: 1d20+12=30
Sonic Damage: 10d8=37


_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaer sends his elemental in to provide sufficient "distraction" (ie: complete whirlwindy chaos) and retreats to a safe spot, readying himself to cast a powerful repelling spell should the demon try and assault him further.

Spoiler:

Air Elemental moves into the midst of the demons again with whirlwind.

Chaer then 5ft-steps to O5 and readies an action to defensively cast Repel Wood at the speardemon should it try to attack him again.

[Concentration Check +16 = 22]


_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2
Irruvian fires at the vulture demon, three arrows flying through the air towards it but missing and lodging themselves in the bookcases behind it.

Cassandra conjures a dark green cloud in the room which begins to rain acid on the two demons [12 damage each]

Karil charges in after Cassandra and continues past Anemone, raising his sword in a mighty swing at the demon bird. The sword connects with terrible force and very nearly decapitates the vulture [Critical hit, 46 damage]

Anemone follows up immediately with a lance of pure sonic power, blasting the demon bird into the bookcases. Its already badly wounded neck gives a sharp snap and the demon collapses on the floor [18 damage].

Round 3
The wall flickers and becomes solid, separating Deckard from the rest of the group.

Chaer readies an action while his elemental moves at the remaining demon once more. The demon manages to avoid immediate harm from the whirlwind but is picked up and thrown around in the raging winds.

Deckard, now unable to see what goes on on the other side of the wall, takes a breather to regain control of his stomach.

Meanwhile the demon curses at the damnable winds as they tear at it [4 damage]. In a swirl of abyssal smoke the demon disappears from the library. Only Deckard realises where it went, as it appears in the air right behind him in the first room, well out of sight from the others because of the now solid wall.

Meanwhile the spores continue to grow into the skin of Anemone and Irruvian, causing a bit of pain as they do so [1 damage]

Spoiler:



Chaer : 17/62 hp, -1 Con
Elemental : 168 hp, Whirlwind 2/8 rounds
Deckard : 37/62 hp
RW : Wounded, 5 ft above ground
Demon O : Dead
Irruvian : 77/81 hp, Spores 2/10 rounds
Cassandra : 31/31 hp
Karil : 97/97 hp
Anemone : 65/69 hp, Spores 2/10 rounds

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anemone ignores the pain, and resists the urge to pulverize the corpse into fine mush out of frustration for not knowing the Dimensional Anchor spell.

Who needs healing?
_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm fine," Chaer declares in plain defiance despite the battering he took from the bookcase and the stab wound he received from that spear, before ordering his elemental to come out of its whirlwind form.
..."Wait, one of us is missing." Chaer looks at the now-solid wall. "Oh no."

[OOC]Maintain readied action. Just in case.[/OOC]
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not fair. Deckard complains.

((How close to the ground is it?))
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lykan
Monster Mixer


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 12584


Location: In my head. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks over Chaer and frowns

Don't lie.

Anemone's eyes glow, and she lets regenerative energy flow into Chaer.

Spoiler:


Move to O5
Cast Heal on Chaer.




_________________
Vael wrote:
Comparing shaving your legs to shaving your face is like comparing jigglypuff to Cthulhu. Sure, they're both inhuman and disturbing, but the similarities end there.
PhoeKun wrote:
Kittens have gravity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum