Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> Forum Discussion
Uberblah

Who are these Guests?

I've been noticing on the main page it says that there are guests online using this forum. What constitutes as a guest? A lurker? Anyone know?
J. Muller

Just anyone viewing the forum but not logged in.
Uberblah

Ah, that's simple. I shouldn't have started a thread. Oops. Embarassed
NecroPaladin

One of those guests was me, trying to see if I could access the site from the other side of the country.
Orange Zergling

I know others may not be able to do the same, but I find it easier and quicker to just tick the box that automatically logs you in each time. Only ever been a guest once, when I was in the process of signing up.
Uberblah

It seems that there's always at least one guest, anytime, anyday. It's starting to creep me out for reasons I don't understand.
McBish

The one guest is "google advert targeting". That is why there is always one there. At least that is what it tells me when you click on "who is on".
Exachix

It is.

Googlebots cannot be stopped... we cope.
Uberblah

Ok... that makes me feel a little better then. I thought it was some really freaky person somewhere in the world.... watching... just, watching...
Fenric

Also remember that the stats are only updated every five minutes. I know that I add a guest every morning when I log in at work because the "Log in automatically each time" button doesn't work.

- does anyone know of a way to convince Lynx to do that?
Wukei

Mine is the same way whenever I log in at home, because my dad cleans out the cookies nightly.
helgraf

Wukei wrote:
Mine is the same way whenever I log in at home, because my dad cleans out the cookies nightly.


It does keep the bugs out.
Baeleck

Ok, take a look at this:

Spoiler:



That's more than just a couple of guests. This concerns me somewhat.
Exachix

They are all:

inktomi/yahoo bot

I don't know.. Vael (or another Admin) may have to just mass IP ban them =P.
Orange Zergling

Yeah... I think they came here since we're now on the front page of Google when you search for Enupnion... We're about half-way down the list, but still...

Goodbye forum secrecy, I'll miss you. =(
Vael

Yeah... except apparently that yahoo thing is a 'legitimate search bot' which 'can't be banned.'
Grrrrrrr...
Sophistemon

Pah. The secrecy was never going to last long anyway.
Uberblah

I just randomly clicke the "Who is Online?" link and it said that a gues was "Viewing Private Messages." How is that possible? You have to be logged in to do that.
J. Muller

Uber wrote:
I just randomly clicke the "Who is Online?" link and it said that a gues was "Viewing Private Messages." How is that possible? You have to be logged in to do that.


There's a lag between what you're doing and what it says you're doing. So that might happen if someone was looking at their private messages and then logged off.

At least, I think that's what it might be.
Uberblah

I guess that makes sense. But it's still weird.
Uberblah

Now guests can posts messages?! This is really weird...
Artemis

J. Muller wrote:
Uber wrote:
I just randomly clicke the "Who is Online?" link and it said that a gues was "Viewing Private Messages." How is that possible? You have to be logged in to do that.


There's a lag between what you're doing and what it says you're doing. So that might happen if someone was looking at their private messages and then logged off.

At least, I think that's what it might be.


That's precisely what it is. When you first access the site, before you log in, you're a guest. once you log in, that guest tag sort of follows you for a little while. I've seen it on another of these types of forums.

       Enupnion Forum Index -> Forum Discussion
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum