Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
Who

The Sewers II

Underneath the Town runs a large network of sewers, for no apparent reason other than simply having such a large system of underground tunnels. Pathways run alongside the water flow for those who don't like to get wet.

----

Joff moves away from the creature's corpse,having collected the samples he needs.

"Are we ready to move back, I wonder how all this'll have effected the creatures in the water we encountered earlier?"
The Bushranger

((Sorry for the delay. Had a total creative failure.))

"Hopefully, the rocks fell, and they all died," Amist observes. And I for one am ready."
WoF Lone Wolf

Well we can either go out the way we came or go for the rope hanging through the opening in the ceiling. Either way is fine by me.
Who

"I believe the way back will be the simplest. Seeing as how we have no way of reaching that rope."
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone looks at Joff oddly for a second. We can reach the rope, you forget I can use packets of nanites to build things. Lone pulls out a packet and places it on the ground under the rope as it starts to form a simple ladder up to the rope.
Who

Joff watches the ladder climb higher and higher to reach the rope.

"Those really are remarkable. I don't suppose I could have some? For study of course."
The Bushranger

"Just as long as you don't have them turn into grey goo," Amist observes, also watching, rather impressed.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone Holds a packet out to Joff and before he can take it the packet lashes out in a rope and raps around Joff’s torso like a harness  and folds itself back into a packet in his hand. Lone looks at Amist with an evil grin and winks at her rolling another packet around in his hand before putting it back and getting out of his sute. With the sute stored in a sphere Lone looks up the ladder now reaching the rope. Ok who wants to go first.

sorry about the delay or if its too long, my comp is messed up and I don't know how often I'll be aboe to post.
Who

Joff stows the packet away, before looking back to Lone

"I believe you should go first, being the most heavily armed as you are."
WoF Lone Wolf

Well then lets get moving. With that Lone starts up the ladder and heads for the chamber above.

got my computer running again hopefully its the last of the problem
The Bushranger

Amist chuckles and winks back at Lone, turning a little to better show off her profile...

Before turning, and going to follow him up the ladder.

"You'd best go last, being the squishiest of us," she calls teasingly to Joff, who might possibly enjoy following her up. Wink
Who

Actually no, not his type.

The trap door in the ceiling's locked, nothing some brute force couldn't solve though. Or stealth and continuity, what ever works.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone pulls a flat bar out of the pack on his back and slides it between the door and its frame quietly pooping the lock off the door. Putting the bar away Lone reaches for his smg before easing the door open for a look around.
Who

The room is filled with large piles of something, hard to make out in the gloom as the only light is leaking through from under a door at the far side of the room.
The Bushranger

Large piles of something? Oh no. It's the somethings that you always have to look out for.

Amist waits, behind Lone on the ladder.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone turns the flashlight mounted on his gun on as he climes through the trap door spinning around to cover the room. If the room is clear he will reach down to help Amist up.
Who

With the light from Lone's flashlight the large somethings are revealed to be piles of loot and equipment, probably remnants of the creature downstair's previous victims.
The Bushranger

Amist is helped up...then looks around at Da Loot with a rapidly growing grin on her face.
Who

It's all adventures equipment, weapons and armour and scrolls and jewellery.

"Well I believe this is where you two receive your payment."
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone starts looking through some of the weapons and scrolls. Between Amist’s bag of holding and my spheres we might be able to pack all this out of here. Or I can have it pulled out for us and we can go through it all where there is better light. Having said that Lone moves to the door and looks through any cracks he can look through. If not he will open the door slightly and pear out. With a treasury like this you would think there are guards outside?
The Bushranger

"I think the guard, we just killed off," Amist quips, as she steps forwards and starts looking through the various baubles. And weapons!
Who

Actually, through the cracks in the door, Lone will be able to make out to figures standing on the other side of the door, perhaps there are guards after all. Might want to keep it down.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone opens the door very slowly and checks to make sure there are no others around, if not both cards will get 2 shots each at the base of the skull with the silenced smg and dragged into the room.
Who

They both go down seeing as how they're both Troglodytes and don't even have a concept of firearms.

And oh blimey I've forgotten about Amidst. So weapons, there's the standard adventurer fair of swords, bows, daggers and staffs. Some rather well made actually along with a few more exotic stand outs like a scythe, a warhamer and a set of bejewelled bolas.
WoF Lone Wolf

Pulling the guards into the room Lone closes the door. The bolas will catch Lone’s eye as it is a weapon he is actually faund of, they get picked up and therally looked over. Lone is also interested in some of the armor in the room.
The Bushranger

Amist, seeing Lone dealing with Trog's relatives, decides to head to the bolas herself - but gets beaten to them. Razz So with a playful scowl, she inhead looks around for a greatsword, or something of the like. Something fancy looking.
Who

There's a few greatswords, none of them as ostentatious as the bolas however.

Speaking of the bolas, a quick glance over'll reveal them to be rather unremarkable if rather well made.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone tests the bolas for weight and balance swinging them to get a fill for them glancing playfully back at Amist. Once satisfied with the fill of the bolas Lone hangs them in a hidden pouch and starts to look through the armor.
The Bushranger

Amist, meanwhile, sticks her tongue out at Lone as she tests one of the greatswords for balance.

Rather...athletically.
Who

It's almost perfectly balanced, if she tried she could balance the tip on the end of her finger.

As for armour it's your standard fantasy fair, probably nowhere near as good as Lone's.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone browses through the armor and starts looking through the scrolls seeing if there is anything he can read.
The Bushranger

"Mmm, I like this," Amist purrs as she does - indeed - balance the sword on a fingertip, looking over at the scrolls with academic interest.
Who

They'll all spells of various strengths and disciplines, Joff appears to be sorting them in to piles.
Who

"If you don't mind, I'd like to take a few of these for my own personal collection?"

((I totally figured out what class Joff is Very Happy ))
The Bushranger

"Go head. I only cast spells casually," Amist says, waving her hand as she flips the sword in the air (Shocked) and grabs it on the way down.
WoF Lone Wolf

Do you always dress so casually as well love? Lone jokes moving on to more weapons and giving Amist a quick slap as he passes behind her.
The Bushranger

Amist winks over her shoulder at Lone, grinning cheekily. "Whenever I can, big boy. Although I doubt you're big enough to handle me."

...poor Joff. Razz
Who

He doesn't even look up from his scrolls, they've been fairly professional so far and no one's died so they can say what they like. He starts putting the scrolls in his bag.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone  puts his hand on the handle of the bolas hanging out of his pack and glances back at Amist. We may have to see about that after this quest. Lone gives the Bola a playful tug like he's going to send it flying at Amist. Looking around Lone moves back to the door and pulling his armor out from its storage sphere and gets back in it.
Who

"Is there anyone out there?"
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone slowly opens the door and looks around the area for any sign of an enemy or structure.
Who

It's an empty corridor, with only a few tiny lights. I'm sure Lone's got some gizmo or other to help him see though.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone turns his spotlights on and looks down the corridor. It looks clear. Having this set up as an armory storeroom makes me wonder where this comes out at.
The Bushranger

"Well, then, there's only one way to find out, is there not? And maybe there's some nice squishy XP to be had down there too." Amist grins.
Who

"Well then, ladies and heavily armed men first."
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone grins in return and opens the door, a slightly noticeable bulge on the armors right arm has formed. Lets find out where this leads shall we. With that Lone moves through the door and starts down the corridor.
The Bushranger

Amist follows, her natural darkvision coming in handy as she keeps her kukri tightly in hand.
Who

Oh yeah, she's a drow or something, forgot about that. Well then , she'll probably be able to make out a raggy old curtain at the end of the corridor then.
The Bushranger

Half-drow. Wink

"Looks like a raggy old curtain ahead," Amist observes.

Observantly!
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone puts a light on the curtain. Looks like that covers our way out, lets see how far we can get before we alert the guard. Lone heads for the curtain to move it aside.
Who

Well putting a light on it wasn't the smartest of moves as another batch of four trog guards armed with spears charge out from behind it once our heroes get about half way down the corridor.
WoF Lone Wolf

Looks like not that far. Lone brings up one of his PPCs and fires on the lead guard hoping to turn him into ash. FREE FOR ALL!
The Bushranger

Amist's hand blurs, and her kukri flies torwards one of the troglodytes, before she raises her sword and stands ready to impale any who continue charging.
Who

Well that's two down leaving two more charging towards them, whether they're brave or stupid is up for debate. Horribly out matched aren't they?
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone takes a fighting stance and a compartment on his arm pops open dropping the bolas into his hand. Lone sends the Bola flying at one of the guards with the bola trailing a line behind it.
The Bushranger

Amist, meanwhile, pulls her greatsword from Hammerspace (Swordspace?) and charges the remaning troglodyte, the sword coming around with intent to decapitate.
Who

The bolas unerringly seek their target, knocking it to the floor with a thud. Even tough troglodyte hide is no match for Amist's shiny new sword and its head is quickly separated from its body.
WoF Lone Wolf

The line trialling form the bolas snaps taunt and begins reeling the poor victim in as a spike snaps out from under Lone's hand to squire troglodyte. Once dead the bolas releases its self and is soon back in Lone's hand with the spike pulled back into the armor. To think there are some people that dought the bola as a weapon. Lone looks for any more guards, and seeing none heads in the direction they came from.
Who

Through the curtain is a large hall, the walls daubed with crude representations of the beast they slew in the caverns below, there's a door leading out as well as another one off to the side.
The Bushranger

"Remind me to get some," Amist says with a chuckle as she starts down the hall.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone the decor, though its not very accurate with big ugly dead. Lone starts down the hall after Amist and spots the side door. Well what have we here? more goodies for your hero's perhaps, or more unsuspecting victims.
Who

Joff gives him a funny look.

"Are you narrating?"
WoF Lone Wolf

no just wondering.
The Bushranger

"Hopefully not announcing our presence to our enemies," Amist quips.
Who

"Do you really think it's wise to be poking around any more than is necissary?"
WoF Lone Wolf

It never herts to be through, you never know where they may keep anything useful. I'll try to be more stealthy love. Lone winks. But if we run accost the throne room I can't make any promises not to scare a few lizards.
Who

"Right then, lead on."
The Bushranger

Amist winks back.

"Want me to take the lead?" she asks.
WoF Lone Wolf

Sorry guys my comp died.

After you my dear. Lone motions playfully for Amist to take the lead.
The Bushranger

Ouch. No worries.


Amist chuckles, gives Lone a wink, then takes the lead as directed. Moving...utterly silently, stealthily, and alertly.

(And likely making whoever's right behind her wish the lighting was better, too.)
Who

Joff follows behind the two of them, the door as it turns out. Is locked, the occasional garbled noise coming from the other side.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone follows Amist keeping one of his search lights on her as he moves on. Where do you think we are gona come out, with this many guards I'm starting to wonder if we are closer to a castle then the village.
The Bushranger

"Maybe this is the castle?" Amist muses, looking the locked door with noises coming from behind it over carefully for traps.
Who

No traps, just a rather hefty lock.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone sees Amist looking over the door. What do you think Amist? Prison cell or holding cell of some sort for adventures maybe?
The Bushranger

"Sounds likely," the sultry half-drow acknowledges with a nod, stepping back. "Shall we bust the lock and determine for sure?"
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone examines the door and lock for any sign of weakness. Yeah why not, if it is another adventure I think they would be happy to get free. As would any prisoner if thats the case. Lone turns more to face the door and gets ready to smash the lock with his fist.
Who

Joff covers his ears, expecting a big ol' crashing noise soon.
The Bushranger

Amist nods, and steps back, smirking a bit as she waits for the big boy to show off his muscles. Razz
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone slams his palm into the lock either crushing the lock its self or smashing it through the door. Pushing the door open Lone shines a light into the room to see whats inside.
Who

He'll be met by a blast of sickly black energy, seems his shenanigans woke up the room's inhabitant.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone is taken off guard for a second and steps back from the door right arm aimed into the room.
Who

Another blast streaks towards Lone, the inside of the room becoming shrouded in darkness.
The Bushranger

Amist, meanwhile, thrusts out her hands and sends a Fireball streaking into the room!
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone trys to duck under the next blast and fires a ppc into the room behind Amist's fireball trying to light the room up for glimpse of whats inside.
Who

The lighting'll do no good, at a guess it's probably magical darkness. The fireball would appear to have had some effect though as a yell followed by a gutural snarl issues from the darkness. Two large vaugely bear like creatures appear either side of our heros an lash out at them.
The Bushranger

Amist, for her part, does a backflip backwards as the (owl? bug?)bear lashes out, getting a slash on her leg for her troubles even as she draws her greatsword from seemingly hammerspace.

"I don't think they could bear it!"
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone puts an arm up to block the attack form the creature on his side and fires a burst of grenades from his other arm into his attacker hoping his armor will deflect the creature's attack. There just jellos that your the light of the party.
Who

Oh god...are we doing puns now?

That cut on her leg might hurt a bit more than normal, that if she's what could be called good, what with theses being FIENDISH OWLBEARS!

Same'll probably go for Lone though the grenades send the creature stumbling back, giving him some breathing room.

((Is it just me or do all my sentences have the same layout? They all go portion of sentence, comma, rest of sentence. See! I did then!))
The Bushranger

Nope. Amist is decidely Chaotic Neutral. Twisted Evil

"Owl's well that ends well!" Amist grins at Lone, charging forwards with her sword almost blurring as she slashes and dices at the FIENDISH OWLBEARS!
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone grins back as he brings both shotguns to bear on the creature attacking him and unleashes another barrage of grenades as he begins his charge. If the creature survives the barrage it will find a 10 ton steal sute shouldering it into the nearest wall.

sorry who, couldn't help the pun.
Who

Eh, you're no worse than BR.

Both of the FIENDISH OWLBEARS! roar in pain as they're assaulted by blades and explosives.  Now whilst one of them does indeed find itself being shouldered in to a wall by a 10 ton suite (how does he move in that by the way? Cause damn that's heavy) Lone will now find himself grappling with an extradimensional bear hybrid whilst the other lashes out at Amist with its claws.
WoF Lone Wolf

Blades slid out of slots between the shotguns and Lone's hands as he takes on the creature. Lone pushes the power armor trying to both pin the owlbear and slash at it. (The sute is a power exoskeleton with synthetic muscle and servos to help it move on its own. Lone is more of a pilot in it.)
The Bushranger

Amist, meanwhile, spins nimbly out of the way, raising her blade to parry the bear claws that are attempting to disrupt her gut.
Who

It's pinned but still manages to keep a claw free to attempt to grab hold of the blade trying to stab it and break, or atleast bend, it.

The one currently trying to tear Amist asunder is fairing rather a lot badly as it tries a similar tactic of striking at its foes blade and ends up howling in pain as in loses a hand. Ouch.
WoF Lone Wolf

Seeing the bear try to grab his blade Lone will try and ram the blade into the creatures shoulder followed by a quick burst of grenades. He will try for its chest with his other arm.
The Bushranger

"That's what you get for taking on adventurers bear-handed!"

...if the FIENDISH OWLBEAR doesn't collapse from sheer PUN damage, the greatsword blade aimed for the heart might assist.
Who

It's a close call but in all likelihood it was probably the sword, probably.
The other one won't be putting up much more of a fight either, seeing as how there's a large hole where most of its major organs used to be.

Joff peers out from behind the pillar where he was cowering, brushing himself off and walking back over once he sees they're dead.

"You two seem rather apt at this."
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone turns and let's the owlbear fall. (I'm a merch, I live for combat.)

My hard drive uterly died so any posts will be from my droid here.
The Bushranger

((Ouch))

"Combat is the second-most fun thing I can find to do," Amist observes. "Think we should bother skinning them while we're here, or do we not have the time?"

She's totally thinking 'owlbearskin rug'.

       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum