Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> Chit-Chat
Vael

The Absence Thread II

Are you going to be away, or just absent for a time?
Perhaps you know someone else who will be?
Post it here so we can all keep track of it.
Katonta

Comps. unplugged.

No Enup tonight, probably.

Using barely bareable Wii
Fenric

My new job is somewhat annoying in that they actively block just about everything internet related.  I do not think my previous tactics will work here, and as such it seems very likely that I will be limited to playing in the evenings.

A month off of getting up early takes some readjusting from, so I will probably be scarce for the remainder of this week.
The Bushranger

Just FYI, I most likely won't be on tonight.
Keledrath

Posting shall be sporadic until Saturday.
DeBunny

Tomorrow I leave for Floriad and there I shall stay for just over a week or so.
Whether I'll have Town access or not isn't known, so I'm just going to say I probably won't be around much.
Uberblah

Friday I may not be on. I'm going to a friend's Impromptu Sweet 16.
Keledrath

I'm gonna be off most of the day.  Starting about an hour from this post, don't expect to see me 'til tommorow.
Hoseki

I will not be on at all tomorrow, most likely. That is all.
Beatrice

I've been absent just after my start and may be absent for the next two weeks from gaming. Work stress has been just too much lately and I need to focus on fixing that.

Sorry people. Sad
Keledrath

btw, does anyone know where Raistlin went?  I haven't seen him on in a long time.
Admiral_Kelly

I am going to stop posting in the Town for an undetermined amount of time. I will still be on MSN if anyone needs or wants to get in touch with me.
The Bushranger

Bookboy wrote:
btw, does anyone know where Raistlin went?  I haven't seen him on in a long time.


He's away for the whole week, I do believe.
The_Librarian

It feels good to be right, sometimes Very Happy
We missed the March 25th deadline for the study because everything above the picture rail, including the ceiling, was coated in the finest quality woodchip, and thus guaranteed not to come off without blood being spilt.
So... we're still at it.  Today we removed the last of the woodchip, and tomorrow we sand.  Saturday we paint the base coat, and Sunday we test out a couple of shades of blue to see what I prefer, then hopefully buy the paint.
Monday, we start painting the colours.  This is actually turning out to be a bigger job than I thought...
Artemis

There is a good chance I won't be online tomorrow (or today, as it is actually very early). I am going to EPCOT, and even if we get home early, I'll probably be too tired to post. I'll try to remember where I left my camera and might have pictures for everyone when I get back, though. I make no promises.

But! I will be online more over the weekend, as I've managed to get a little time off work for myself.
SeptAngel

Have fun Art!!!
Darkblade

I'm not going to be online much for the next few days.
ValdisRequiem

Alright, the next three days, I'mma be at an Army FTX (Field Training Exercise) with like eight hundred cadets.
No computer.
The thought of having one actually makes me laugh.
I'll be out playing Army in the woods. See you all Sunday night.
Fenric

I'm heading off to California on a work-related trip.

If I can get a decent internet connection at the hotel, I'll probably be around a bit at night (pacific time).  If not, then I will be altogether absent all week.
wingrae

I'm not going to be able to be on here much this week. I will pop in and check the zombie-plot thread, but that is all the time I'm likely to have.
Osnagard

*CRICK* Na-tention Enupnion shopper, our sales assistant "Os" will be unable to come online for extended periods untill the 24th day of the 4th month of this 2008th year. We are sorry to announce that instead this valued employee will be preocupied with something called "exams". Again, we appologuse for any inconveniace this may cause but it is unfortunatly unavoidable. Thank you. *CRICK*

*CRICK* One last thing. TOENAILS! That will be all *CRICK*

*CRICK* Would a janitorial associate please report to isle 7, there seems to have been an incident involving pudding, a poodle, an umbrella, and what appears to be men's swimwear. Thank you. *CRICK*
NecroPaladin

As you've all probably gathered, I haven't been paying much attention to Enupnion and have in effect retired my characters.  While this isn't necessarily a permanent event, I find it fit to warn the town that I'm only back in town because someone coaxed me into one more plot.
The Bushranger

De may be away for the better part of two weeks...job issues.

*cries*
Renom

I will be gone for most of the day.
Sophistemon

I don't know if many people have noticed, but I have not posted in quite some time. I'm afraid that the semester is coming to a close and course-paper due-dates are looming ever closer. At the moment I am just too dreadfully busy to play, though I hope to be not so dreadfully busy in the near future.

Wish me luck, and I'll be back when my schedule's cleared up a bit.
Renom

We all thought you accidently banned yourself...
Wukei

He did.  But Vael let him back on that night.

He's been busy with schoolwork the rest of the time.
ValdisRequiem

I'll be gone friday night and saturday morning.
I have dates =O
Wukei

Dates?  Is it with te same person?
Sophistemon

Renom wrote:
We all thought you accidently banned yourself...

Yeah, that was a scary fifteen minutes.
ValdisRequiem

Wukei wrote:
Dates?  Is it with te same person?

Nope.
Actually, one of them is just going out for old times sake. The other is a bonafide date.
Wukei

Okay...cuz you didn't seem like the type of person to go out on multiple dates in the same weekend....not actual date dates.

*waits impatiently for October so she can go out on a date, too*
ValdisRequiem

You have to wait til October...?
:: has no idea as to why::
Wukei

Rich is coming to the states.  Actually, to my state ^.^  Pure coincidence.  His parents were going to Austin and invited him.
ValdisRequiem

Ahah. Well, congrats then.
It'll pass faster than you think.
Ms Elaneous

For the next week or so, expect a bit less of me.  School has decided that everything needs to be due at the same time.  In bulk.  Every class has at least three new assignments that are waiting to be completed.  >.<  I'll try to get on for a bit every night, though.
Deadly

I'll be gone for the next two weeks, atleast. Could be longer, don't know yet how pressed I'll be once exams begin.

I'll log on once in a while still, to post in the PbP games I'm in and such. One post/day is all I expect.
Katonta

Well, I've got some bad news. My mother is coming to the opinion that I am getting addicted to the computer. She may or may not begin limiting time that our family gets on it to only 1 or 2 hours each and then the computers would be shut off for the day.

I don't know if she really will do so, or if she is just trying to scare me into using the computer less. Either way, I'm looking at a significantly less amount of time I'm going to be spending on Enup and MSN, at least until I think it's safe.

So, yeah, wish me luck.


Oh, and Tuesday I've got to head to Utah for my brother's graduation from BYU Utah. Then we're going to see him off to Jordan as he goes to study abroad. Posting may be limited, though I don't know exactly how much. I'll be coming back either Sunday or Monday.
El_Presidente

O.K. For the few of you who are actually involved in plots mit mier, it may be of some small amount of interest to you that my computer has died, so the only thing with internet access left in the house is my dad's business laptop, which I am only allowed to use very seldomly, like now. We are currently in the process of buying a new computer, so I should be on at least by sometime next week, and I may be on intermittently through this depressingly small thing unntil then. Renom, if you read this, you have my full authority to control my pokemon as long as you don't do anything stupid with them.
Xaspian

To be honest, I don't mind waiting until you're back to continue the pokémon fight. We can just consider it postponed until then.
Wraith

I'll be away until tomorrow evening-ish, spending some time with a few old friends.  This development should affect...me, I guess, since I'm not in any plots at the moment Razz
See ya in a day or so.
Inigo_Montoya

Err...I got busy with school, and then I never came back. Well, here I am.
Katonta

Wheee! I'm back from Utah a day early! Thank you to my dad who had to work today, because otherwise I would have had to take a detour to Idaho Falls to visit even more aunts!

Now I can finish the thing in the streets with Capelli, actually go in the WF mines, and use Cyrus at Mor'Illorum! Yay! *dances out of excitement*

I may have had an awesome time in Utah, but I am so glad to be back home!
Katonta

Well, looks like I'll get to double post in this thread. I've been thinking a lot lately and I've come to the conclusion that really, I don't think I'm right for the Town anymore. I've fought it and I've fought it by trying to keep myself active in the Town. By trying to keep my characters active. But I've been denying it for too long now and I need to face the facts. I'm just not interested in the Town anymore. I wish I was, and really I have tried to be excited and interested, but I'm not really fooling myself anymore.

This isn't a goodbye to Enupnion, just to Town. I'll probably be seen around in the Chit-Chat and Play by Post sections. I may even come back to the Town occasionally if there is a plot I want to run or something of that sort. Just... don't expect it.

I am sorry to everyone who is currently involved with my characters. To Draken for having Tyl disappear suddenly. To Wingrae and Uber for leaving you hanging with Capelli like I have. To E and those at Mor'Illorum for Cyrus never becoming active in the first place. To Vael for Aratheli just ditching Chora. I will not be giving my characters away to anyone, as I don't feel they would be carried on in the way I would have wanted them to, no matter how many extra details and help that I gave. So, do what you want with your characters. You can pretend mine never existed or whatever serves your purposes. Just no taking control of them. And I am aware of how much potential I am throwing away right now with my characters. I designed them to have a lot of it.

I will always be on MSN when I can, as I think I would go insane if I didn't have it, as I really am too old for the majority of my RL friends. I only care about school because it readily delivers information and knowledge that I yearn for, but it is really only a speed bump on my life while to them it is their life.

Again, I am sorry. I do not wish it to be this way, but I will not force myself to continue in Town while I do not enjoy it.

So, goodbye Town. It was fun while it lasted. Whether this is final or not, only time will tell. Until then, may you all enjoy what I do not anymore and may I meet you again sometime down the road.
wingrae

Awww... and I was having so much fun coming up with ways to fight the hair.... but I would not want to try to drag someone back to something they don't enjoy anymore. Here's hoping that you find lots of things that are as fun as Town used to be for you, or even more fun. See you around later maybe.
nightwing

My mom has kicked me off the computer for an unknown amount of time. If I behave then I should be back by the week end. sorry about this. See you all later.
Keledrath

Everyone, while I will be here, I may leave for a few minutes every now and then for the next few days.  I'm currently on burnout from the steroids my doctor gave me for my alergies and may need to leave for a few minutes to calm down.
Deadly

I'm officially back in Town, after my two weeks of semi-absence.

My exams begin next week and the last one is on june 16, so I might still be a little inactive in periods during the next month. Probably nothing major, though.
DeBunny

Woo!
>.>
*possibly one of few people actually excited about that*
InaVegt

I should be back for real now, Finally figured out why my computers didn't want to load enupnion anymore. Fixed that now, so, I should be able to RP with you guys again.

Of course, exams are coming up, but I'm not too worried about them. (The demons in my garden'd sooner stop chanting than I'd fail)
Keledrath

I am going to be gone until 3 toay.  At that point, I may be home, or I may be on a slower connection, but I'll be on.  Or my parents will pay (cash-money).
The Herald

I got a new job, so I'll be gone from 2-10 (afternoon-night) from here on out.

Because of school issues, this means I'll be away for most of the next week.
Keledrath

Weekends included?  'Cause otherwise that basicly translates me getting on an hour after you leave and leaving as you get off work.
The Herald

Oh, no, not weekends included.
Keledrath

*sighs with relief*

That's good.
ValdisRequiem

Alright, finals tomorrow, camping Wednesday and Thursday, moving on Friday.
Hence, posting will be minimal.
The Herald

Well, I don't have to go into work today or Wednesday, so that's good.
Artemis

Expect to see less of me during the day, I probably won't get on until the evenings from now on. I've started summer classes and need to finish my work before I get to play.
Kyrian

Awww... *hugs Art*
Uberblah

Alright. I'm gonna be gone Thursday to study for a big exam on Friday and then I'll be on. But I'll be gone again Saturday because I'm going to a wedding.
Kyrian

...Uber...

*gets Duct Tape, Electrical Tape, Gaff(sp?) Tape, Super Glue, and any other adhesive*
Artemis

Gaffer's tape, Kyrian. Which I think is the same as electrical tape. *chucks a roll at him.*
Kyrian

Ah. Our high school's stage manager? always called it gaff. Thanks. ^-^
Keledrath

*chucks Kyr a pair of industrial magnets*

Slip one in his pants, and the other in his chari, and he's going nowhere.  This is the OMG-MY-HAND! variety.
Obsidian Blade

I have not been in around a lot recently, 'recently' being the last couple months. I apologize for this. It's been a combination of my life getting busier, writer's block, and until the last week or two, a slightly waning interest in Town.

However, as I have found, getting back into it is easier said than done. You miss out on plots, get behind, characters you know change or disappear, and waking up your own characters after an extended absence does tend to be (for me, anyways) excruciatingly difficult.

So. I shall be doing my best to keep up, right after my exams finish - which should be in about nine or ten days. Just announcing that I will be on extremely sporadically until then.
wxdruid

I'm back to working the mid shift for May and June, that means that I'll more likely be off than on.  I'll be sleeping all day and at work from 10:30pm-7am and it makes me irritable and really...all I'll want to do is sit and watch tv on my off time.  I'll be online when I feel I want to be and when I'm wanted.
Wukei

For those that don't know the chain of command in getting ahold of me when I'm away from the computer:

Yes, I've been sick.  Shivering, high fevers, the works.

I lost two very special pets to me in less than a week, one that I feel that I caused (she choked from being excited by a brand new food that I gave her.)  So that added stress and made my sickness worse.

This doesn't mean I'm definitely back.  This is simply an explanation of abscence and proof that I haven't abandoned any plotlines.
Keledrath

I will prbably be n less for about a week, on account of having purchased StarCraft.  I already had it (and Insurrection and Brood War), but we lost the cases (and the CD keys) over three years ago.  So I'll be busy pwning the computer.
McBish

Kyrian wrote:
Ah. Our high school's stage manager? always called it gaff. Thanks. ^-^


It is called both Gaff and Gaffers tape.  Also it is not the same as electrical tape, it is more in common with duct tape, but has a more fiberous texture is easier to tear and less sticky.  Great for the stage as well.  

Also some of you may have noticed me not posting for like a week.  Between final projects, stage managing 10 one acts, helping orginize an award ceromony and picnic, doing lighting for the 10 one acts mentioned above, and initiation of many people into a honor society I have had no free time.  That stuff is almost all done.  I have finals next week but I never study for those so that shouldn't matter.  But then I am moving to a new Townhouse and might not have internet for awhile there.  We shall see.

But yeah posting will be rare till next weekend.

((I hate spending some 15 hours in the theatre with only 2 hours sleep.  Well actually it is kind of fun, but very draining.))
Uberblah

Well I hope the one acts go/went well. And I hope the move goes smoothly.

As for me, I won't be on at all Saturday, again. This time I've got an lifeguard inservice at the pool I'm working at this summer in the morning. And in the evening I have Relay For Life, which is for the American Cancer Society. That goes from 6pm Saturday until 6am Sunday. I'll be using the time inbetween the inservice and the Relay for sleep. I'm posting now before I forget.
Wraith

My internet has decided to go insane.  I'll still be able to get on at school, and maybe my home internet will work itself out, but it's possible that I may vanish for a while, especially over the weekend.  We'll see how it goes.
nightwing

I'm leaving, probably for ever. I just cant stand the way this community has turned out. you have this popular circle and every one else isn't important. I suggest an Idea and everyone slams it than the next day veal suggest it and suddenly its a good idea. Not to mention the fact that their are some rather mean members of this community that will stop at nothing to hurt me, event going as far as to having their characters insult mine for no reason while Incharacter Because they don't like me. You guys claimed that you were not going to exclude people fro  the forum and that anyone can join. Well, we joined but you haven't stopped excluding us. So I might come back when this places has changed. Or not. Either way, I hope you guys shape up while I'm gone. I should be gone for the rest of the week, and will be expecting PM's if you have questions about plots or whatever.
Renom

Nightwing, first of all, you cannot leave Town because one person had some charactors make fun of you. No matter what someone says, NOTHING IN TOWN SHOULD BE TAKEN ON A PERSONAL LEVEL. I do in fact know who you are talking about,* (because you complain about him in RL a lot) and I don't really like him either. However, you shouldn't feel offended by it because we are playing a game.

Also, if what you say about Town's "Circle of popular people" is true, than just play with people outside of this circle. In fact, Wingrae has been looking for one of your characters in order to continue a plot.

*This person shall remain nameless in order to conserve peoples feelings. If you really wish to know then PM me, but you are not ever to mention it again.
ValdisRequiem

Actually, Renom, I'd prefer if you didn't tell anyone, even through PM, because...
well, it just isn't polite.
Nightwing, we all have our little circles we play in; that's the problem with being such a small community. Yeah, it sucks when people won't let you into their plots or whatever because you aren't in that little group, but it happens. And, then, you probably wouldn't want to play with them anyways.

Also, anything that happens IC is IC. I've had one of my own characters insult a close friend's character frequently. Don't take it personally, please.
Xaspian

But Nightwing! What about Sylviest? We're relying on you to continue that plot. It was getting interesting, and I really wanted to find out who or what was behind it all...
Wukei

I know I immediately slammed down your idea, nightwing, and I was being a bit extreme, so I'd like to say: I'm sorry...I've been rather aggravated thanks to my computer's issues.  I've let it irritate me so much that I'm taking it out on others.

I know you're not talking about me, but I know my characters have been vicious to yours.  I'd like to state that that's not anything but IC (a lot of my characters have social issues...maybe because I do).  I've tried my hardest to remain neutral between OOC issues with people and IC issues. (Actually not talking about nightwing with this one....just got on a tangent, I guess.)  Unfortunately, I got burned doing that.  Badly.  So I can sorta see why 'nameless' (I know who you're talking about, too) stays vicious toward you, but that doesn't make it right.

I'd just try to stay away from him...I'd say hook up with one of my nice characters, but I think only one would be really super willing at first, and she's sorta attached to one of his characters.  Sorry.
nightwing

I'm not sure I will rely be gone for long. I just needed some time off. Many two week to a month. really, their was only one person that was bothering Me. thanks, to the rest of you and I except your apologies but you really didn't do anything. The person that really did this has not yet apologized though.
Darkblade

I'm gonna be away until Monday evening.
blackout

Chances are I won't have access to the computers before six o'clock local time from here on, due to a new policy by my grandmother. This will be the norm, up till Summer, where I'll likely be denied computer access altogether.
wingrae

I won't be on much the next few days. I've developed some problems with my eyesight and extended computer use seems to make things worse. Sorry about any inconvenience to those I'm in plots with. If I can't keep up feel free to pretend my character never joined the plot, just PM me so when I come back I know you're not expecting me to keep playing in that plot.
wingrae

Well, the eye doctor found a hole in my right retina, so I had to go get laser surgery done on my right eye yesterday. The ophthalmologist said I can go back to my normal stuff as of today, but I find my eyes are insanely sensitive at the moment, so I won't be online much for a while yet.
The Bushranger

Aw man. Hope things get better for ya soon.
Uberblah

Ow... I hope you feel better soon. Eye surgery must suck.
wingrae

By God's grace they caught it early, so it was just a 15 minute procedure with a laser. If they had missed that hole and it had turned into a retina detatchement I would have been in for surgery with a knife and recovering for months instead of being better in just a day.

So I should be better soon. Smile
Orange Zergling

Today is the last you'll see of me for about a week, I'm going to San Fransisco tomorrow morning. Of course it's not like I post here much anyway, but that's not the point.
Wukei

Gonna be gone for most of the day, for those that care.  Gotta take piggies to the vet.
Artemis

I will likely be absent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, as I'm taking a trip up to Massachusetts. I don't know about computer access, so I may be here, or I may not be.

Out of curiousity, are there any Townies in the Boston area?
Wukei

I wish there were more townies in my area....I might actually go do something that I don't regret later cuz of the pain...

Back from Lubbock, completely sore...the piggies got more medicine and are currently eating dinner.
ValdisRequiem

Artemis wrote:
I will likely be absent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, as I'm taking a trip up to Massachusetts. I don't know about computer access, so I may be here, or I may not be.

Out of curiousity, are there any Townies in the Boston area?


Moxie is the only one I know of.
Renom

Renom's in the Conn.
Deadly

Going to be absent tomorrow.
DeBunny

My internet time recently took a rather large hit.
Don't expect me on except for my usual late-night appearances.
Day appearances from me will be either non-existant or rare, depending on how I can get things to work.
Terumitsu

Aww... We shall be waiting for your triumphant return to the daytime then, Deb!
Deadly

We shall indeed. Hope it won't be long.
Uberblah

Won't be on tomorrow due to work and going to the drive-in.
Deadly

Going to be absent again tomorrow. Annoying exams Sad

Only five left, though
Wukei

Been sick.  Throwing up, sick.  Probably won't be around for another couple of days.  Ciao.
Lykan

*hug*

Get well soon, Wu...
Keledrath

Alright, Thursday expect me to be on until my parents kcik me off (at which point I'm going into my room to play StarCraft), and don't expect to see me on Friday (Cedar Point from 6:00AM to 10:00+PM).
Uberblah

Tomorrow don't expect me, and DeB if he's smart, to post much if at all. We have finals on Friday. Same rules go for Sunday and Monday for Monday and Tuesday finals. Then we're done with another year of school!

       Enupnion Forum Index -> Chit-Chat Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum