Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
Wukei

Return of the Karistan Empire


Return of the Karistan Empire

There's a slight buzzing sound as a broken electric line angrily speaks of the abuse to the unmoving ship.  Otherwise, the silence seems to go on forever.  The air has become stale, but still contains plenty of oxygen.  Taldi may have heard the scuffle above, but the rest of the team has been put into a drug induced coma due to the length of travel from the port they entered the ship on and their arrival at the other side of the galaxy.  The ship's current lack of power should wake each of them soon enough.

Apparently, someone (or two, actually) had already woken earlier.  One of the beds is empty, and the occupant is currently on the floor (so at least the gravity is still working) laying next to a pile of rubble that seems to have been broken away from the ceiling, his hand clutching the hilt of a lightsaber.  Next to him is the unconscious form of a white something that looks like a mix between a rabbit and a dog.

The crew that was awake for the transportation of the guests of the ship are all dead.  Slain by what seems to be a good old fashion sword rather than a lightsaber or blasters.

Destro Yersul

T3-M7

The little utility droid traveling with Analla is amongst the first to 'wake.' Not needing sleep, the droid had gone into stand-by for the trip instead. His photoreceptor flickers to life and his flat head swivels, taking in the room.

Dwee-oo?* T3 rolls out of his corner and over to Analla, poking her with a computer probe to help wake her up.

*hello?
Jacklu

Taldi was indeed aware of the scuffle, having probably felt the emotional tumult that comes with such things.  She is also well versed in the art of surviving.  And at the time, that meant staying out of the way.  Crews came and went.  She would likely have outlived them anyways.  What she does care about, though, is making sure she doesn't die out here in the vastness of space.  

To that end she makes her way to where the rest of the passengers were kept.  She might be able to run the ship on her own, but why go through the trouble when she can wake somebody else up to do it for her?  She weasels her way into the passenger compartment via a duct and looks down over the sleeping beings within.  

Her gaze is immediately drawn to the unconscious kushiban on the floor.  She is, frankly, stunned.  She hasn't seen one of her kind since she left her home world, and that was a very long time ago.  

She hesitates for a moment.  Movement...  A droid.  Nothing to be afraid of.  Droids rarely caused her trouble, and they were easily disabled if they did.  

She hops down and approaches the kushiban cautiously.
Artemis

Analla rolls over and giggles. "Stop that..." The zeltron murmurs, before blinking awake. Something wasn't right. The air. Why wasn't is circulating.

Sitting up she looks down at the T3 unit next to her bed. "What's going on?" She asks, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. "Trouble?"
Destro Yersul

Bweee, dee re blir znnngg.* T3 swivels his head to point at the unconscious fellow in the middle of the room, and the two animals, one unconscious and one not, next to him.

*don't know. There's certainly something wrong.
Lykan

Ko Giesa

Ko awakens from the stasis with eyes narrowed, being careful to hunch over when he steps from the bed as to not hit his head on the ceiling. He spies the two forms on the floor, and approaches them with a grace a being his size would not normally portray, and with as much alertness as just waking up from a deep sleep would allow. He kneels next to the more humanoid one and places a hand on his shoulder.

My friend, are you okay?
Jacklu

Taldi looks up at Ko as he approaches.  Her fur shifts involuntarily to a light gray and she scurries back to make room for the anx.  She would normally hightail it at this point, but her need for contact with one of her kind is over powering.  Surprisingly so.  She creeps forward and nudges the kushiban gently, keeping a large eye on the anx.
Wukei

(Just because we don't want everyone clamouring into a ball around him, and it may take some longer to wake up than others:)

The kushiban seems to sense when he's approached.  Or perhaps the noise wakes him.  He jumps up and backs away from the group surrounding him, tail tucked between his legs, apparently dazed and confused.

As soon as his humanoid companion is touched, the man reaches and catches Ko's hand in his with such speed that it may even stun a Jedi Master.  His grip loosens as he sees that it isn't whoever his assailants were.  He sits up after releasing Ko, and grips his other arm.  Blood was soaking through his robe.  He keeps his head bowed low so as not to reveal his face.  Is everyone in here still alive?

The kushiban, seeing that his friend is still alive and that no one here seemed to be the troublemaker, speaks, It seems so, Master Kalentite.  Though, why, after we were defeated--I'm not sure.  Though kushiban have the ability to walk on four or two feet, this one seems to prefer being on all fours.
Monkey Muse

Cad slowly awakens from the stasis, making sure he ttakes it easy on muscles weakened from stasis. He looks around, wondering why no one was here to greet him. He steps out into the hallway, and calls out.

Hello? Is there anyone here?
Lykan

Ko smiles a bit grimly at Taldi, before his eyes flit back to the one called Kalentite, the speed of the grab gaining his attention. The smile turns to more of a grimace when he sees the man's wounds.

Stay still.

The anx shuts his eyes and clears his mind, calling upon  the force to knit any wounds he may have shut.

Who attacked you? What is wrong with the ship?
Jacklu

Taldi's fur bristles and darkens further.  She lets out a small hiss and looks around.  

[kushiban]"Quiet you fool!  If they catch you talking...  you'll...  you'll ruin everything!"

She glances up at the Anx.
Artemis

Analla realizes the man that was on the floor was injured. She stands up and starts searching the room. "There should be a med kit around here somewhere." She says, mostly to herself. As she searches, she keeps an ear out for the answers to Ko's questions.
Wukei

Kalentite places a hand to his head below his hood. I...don't remember.  It's like it was clear as day a moment ago, and now it's just vanished.  Tak?

Tak glances in the direction of the Duros' voice before answering.  Oh, I'm afraid I can't help you, Master Kalentite.  I found you when you were already unconscious, and I'm afraid at that point I had someone attack me from behind...

The other kushiban looks at Taldi with amusement.  Ruin what, exactly?  As many here seem to be force users--seeing as half the weapons are lightsabers or other force weapons--I can tell you that in all probability they can understand every single word you say.  Besides...from your action you seem to believe that being a pet is the way to go.  I will not debase myself in such a manner, thank you very much.  I am as smart as everyone here.  I have no shame in that.  He steps over to her and sits up so that he seems more humanoid in his stance, holding out a paw to her.  I can assure you, my dear, that even should anyone try to harm you, my companion and I will not allow it.  I am Tak.

Kalentite waves Analla's search off.  Don't bother.  The Force-user here has helped a bit.  It's a bit sore, and I'm sure I'll be stiff for a while, but I'm fine.
Monkey Muse

Hearing noises from further down the hallway, Cad heads that direction. Before he gets there however, he finds a body. He quickly checks for lifesigns and when he finds none, stands and proceeds down the hallway again, only slightly more quietly.
   When he reaches the door to where he thinks the sounds are coming from, he listens at it, trying to determine if they are allies.
Destro Yersul

Bwwern dridllepp epp epp vooo...* T3 rolls over to the two Kushiban and stares at them with his softly glowing photoreceptor. Drnnn neep?** Seems the little droid has decided that the Jedi master and his friend are most qualified to offer leadership, given that Analla is busy medkit hunting.

*I wish I had stayed awake. Might have seen something useful...
**What do we do now?
Lykan

The Anx stands up to his full height (or as high as the ceiling will allow), and looks to the others

I know someone who can help find your assailants. Though leaving to find her may not be the wisest action right now.

He looks to the still-slumbering people in the room, and seems a bit anxious.
Jacklu

Taldi's fur darkens another shade.  She is reminded why she left home in the first place.  

[kushiban]"Arrogant little...  Listen, I don't make any pretenses that my life is the most glamorous, but it has served me very well.  Feel all high and mighty if you want, but I would prefer not to end up in a cycling airlock again..."

She looks at him for a long moment, then sighs.  Survive.  She wasn't sure what was going on, but getting on the bad side of a force user when so many were around was certainly not the way to go about it.  Her fur lightens again and she extends her paw and takes his.  

[kushiban]"Taldi."
Artemis

Analla nods to Kalentite and abandons her search. "So long as you're alright." She glances at the two Kushiban and her own little droid. It would be an absolutely adorable sight, if the situation weren't so serious.
Wukei

Kalentite pats the droid on top of it's "head," seeming to take the place of leader in stride. We find a way to get this metal deathtrap moving.

It is not arrogant to want to be treated as an equal, and not a pet, Tak informs Taldi. You don't have to hide here.  Notice that no one here looks like anyone else?  It is because these people have learned to treat one another as equals.  Or at least equal enough to want to save the galaxy together.

Kalentite stands, revealing himself to be over half the height of the anx (2.24 meters [8 feet.])  He looks around at the destruction.  Tak?

I break things, Master Kalentite.  I don't fix them.

Kalentite glances around the room at the group for someone that looked like they knew how to get the ship moving again.  You, he points at Ko, wake the others.  He then looks toward the droid, You find someone that knows how to make repairs and help them with it as much as you can.  Droids are good at that, right?  Sure, he could understand binary.  Didn't mean he knew much else about droids. Tak, you and Taldi, apparently he was a good listener, search the ship for anything useful.  Tools, weapons, medpacs.  Anything.

He looks to Analla, See if you can find a way to contact anyone.  We may need some help should we not be able to repair this thing.

He then heads for the door that leads from the room toward the bridge of the ship, I'm going to see about something else...
Lykan

Ko grumbles a bit, a sound which can be heard in everyone's chests. He turns to the two Kushiban and kneels down so he is eye level with the fuzzy specie

Since you both are going out... Could you please check on the condition of my friend? She would be in cargo, I think.
Jacklu

Taldi rolls her eyes.  

[kushiban]"Alright.  Enough of the cultural togetherness speech."

She looks up at Kalentite.  

[common]"I don't recall ever agreeing to take orders.  Not from you at least.  I'm no-ones pet to be ordered around."

She turns and heads back towards the duct she got in through, pausing to look back at Tak.

[kushiban]"You coming?  The cargo bay is as good a place as any to start looking for supplies."

She glances at the anx but doesn't say anything to acknowledge his request.  Can probably be assumed she will keep an eye out for his companion though.
Artemis

"Right." Analla tries to think of where the communications equipment would be. Either on the bridge, or perhaps in a seperate area of the ship, depending on its side. Whichever it is, she'll head there.
Wukei

Wasn't she the one saying a minute ago that she wanted to be a pet, Tak asks over his shoulder as he hops up on the table where the weapons have been stored, grabs his lightsaber and belt, puts it on, then heads after the other kushiban.  Kalentite just chuckles as his companion complains about 'women like her being the reason he left' while he climbs up into the ventilation with a bit of effort.

Kalentite allows Analla through the door to the bridge first, his gentle, sad smile the only part of his face that's visible.  Watch your step.  The crew has been killed, and it is bad enough that they died for no reason.  They shouldn't be kicked around after death.

(As they split up, I'm going to leave this as a good place to get other people to post.)
Destro Yersul

Frrrrn zgah.* T3 clicks his head back and forth a couple times in a rough approximation of a shake. He looks over at some of the others. Bubeeep opp nee?**

*I mostly do computers, actually.
**Anyone a mechanic? I can try, but no promises.
Lykan

Ko stands again and goes to wake up the others, nudging them if it's required.
Artemis

"Of course." The zeltron steps through the door to the bridge and looks about, trying to quickly locate the communications equipment, so she an start sending a message. She'll be careful not to step on any bodies, and if they need moving, will be extremely respectful about it.
Jacklu

Taldi leads Tak through the ducts system to the cargo bay.  When she reaches it she drops through and lands gracefully.  She glances around, feeling for any life within the bay, specifically hostile life.  She waits for Tak to drop down beside her.

[kushiban]"So...  When did you leave Kushibah?"

She is curious to know what has happened back home since she left.  Providing he left after she did, of course.
Destro Yersul

The little droid watches everyone scurrying about. He performs the equivalent of an electronic sigh and goes to wake up the remainder of the sleepers. First on the list is a gungan.
TwoBitWriter

(Figures I would miss the entire first damn page)

Jack Jerrod slowly awakens on his own, missing most of the conversation. He was a late addition to the "team" and no one else knows who he is or what he was doing here. They would only know that he was representing Alderaan. (Unless someone else has Knowledge: Galactic Lore or the equivalent, but that's up to Wukei, I think.)

He is lean, almost wiry, but with handsome facial features. His hair is brown and kept shaggy and wild and his eyes are a deep brown to match his hair. He is currently wearing his undergarments only, shorts and a white t-shirt. If one were to look at his back, you might see the occasional glimpse of what appear to be deep brown streaks on his lower neck and lower back when he moves in a way that lifts his shirt slightly.

He rubs his eyes, at first. And, seemingly oblivious to the trouble that has gone on, stands up.

"Anyone know where they kept my clothes? I don't like standing around in my unmentionables." He says.

He looks around at everybody standing around, noting the current lack of artificial activity on the ship, and sighs. "I think I will need my blaster first...This is why I don't like being on a starship that I'm not piloting. Especially when I'm supposed to be konked out for the trip..."
Monkey Muse

It's at this point that Cad opens the door. He had heard enough. These sounded like decent people and besides, if they had killed the crew, why hadn't they left already?

Excuse me, I couldn't help but hear that you need medipacs? I could make some, if I had the right items...
Hawkeye

One of the other people, probably by now the last one, on the beds speaks in response to Jack "Why didn't you keep them on you? Or did you want to show everyone what your charisma is worth under the hood?" she doesn't move her head or any other part of her body and it's not clear if she's just become aware or if she's been that way for a while. The first that strikes most people on first looking at her is a sash tied around her eyes.
TwoBitWriter

Jack winks at the woman who responds to him. "It was enough for you to notice, even with your eyes covered up like that. Typically I sleep with even less on. But I figured propriety might be something of an issue."

He walks around the room a bit stretching. "Well, I should probably head up to the bridge, this ship needs some fixing and most likely, a pilot."

He speaks to the woman again. "I didn't catch your name, perhaps you would be polite enough to furnish it."
Wukei

The Hold:

I left when I was little more than a pup.  It was more like kicked out, honestly.  I was a little terror.  Did you know that--out of all of the worlds--Kushibah actually has about the worst protection devices to keep their items of value where they want them... he goes on explaining the technical aspects of the security systems on Kushibah versus your normal hutt security system.  He doesn't really expect her to be listening.  He tended to go on when he was searching for things.


Taldi and Tak should note that there is a large animal in a cage, watching them.  (At this point, I'll allow Lykan to play said animal.)
-----

On the bridge:

It seems that nothing's working, besides the gravity, lights, and oxygen systems--as though whoever destroyed the systems specifically meant to keep those working.  Though Analla should note that there is a holograph pad laying on top of the broken communication screen, waiting for her.

-----

Back in the guest room:

There seems to be very little in this room other than the group and their weapons.  Why whoever it was that attacked left them their weapons isn't openly explainable.
Hawkeye

She smiles "My name is Areta, and I don't use any eyes to see sweetie." she smoothly stands up and smooths her (jedi) robes down. She's a little bit short, around 5'10" and has an odd grace about her. She looks around the mostly empty room "Seems I was drugged a bit more than normal seeing as most people are up and about. What's the situation?"
Monkey Muse

The crew was killed. We were spared.

Cad looks at Jack.

My name is Cad, I'm a doctor.
TwoBitWriter

Jack is unhappy to note that, while his weapons are near his bunk, his clothes are not.

He wraps his utilty belt around his waist, and slings his blaster carbine over his back.

"Nice to meet you, Cad. I'm Jack Jerrod."

He turns to Areta. "Well, Areta. I frankly don't know. The ship is limping, barely supporting life and the crew is dead. Looks like we need to be friends for the time being. I'm heading up to the Bridge, to see what I can do there. Come with?"

Jack doesn't wait for an answer, he heads for the bridge. He will check every body for someone of about his body type whose clothing aren't too damaged or blood-stained. He has no qualms about looting a body's outfit for something to wear.
Hawkeye

Areta frowns, it seems that Jack had even less diplomacy than she did. She bites her lip and looks at Cad "How many have we got and who's in charge now?"
Monkey Muse

Cad shrugs slightly.

I'm not sure, I wasn't in this room. I know there's at least one droid, and a jedi. There are a few others though. They went to the bridge.

Cad looks at the bodies quickly, trying to find a blaster rifle. It seemed that violence will be more useful for now.
TwoBitWriter

Ian notes Analla very appreciatingly, from his vantage behind her.

He walks up behind her, speaking loudly. "This place is a real mess, but I may be able to work with it..."

He walks next to Analla, smiling at her. "Jack Jerrod, pilot. And who might you be, beautiful?" He doesn't say this in a sleazy manner, but rather casually, as if they had been dating for a long time.
Hawkeye

She frowns a bit more "I wasn't told that there were more jedi on this trip...we could have exchanged notes if they had done." she shrugs "I suppose I'll go and find this other jedi then. Are you coming or staying?" while saying this she reaches across to a box besides her bed and takes two items out of it and attaches them to her belt.
Monkey Muse

I'll come with you. Maybe we'll come across the med-bay.

He then looks at her belt.

You're a jedi?
Hawkeye

She chuckles "Jeez, took you long enough. Don't worry, I'm lacking the holier-than-thou attitude that most of us have." she walks towards the door, she pauses at it and turns her head back to see if Cad is following.
Monkey Muse

Cad is following, smiling slightly.

I've only know them from stories. They say they can use the force to heal wounds.
Hawkeye

She slows down slightly to let him catch up "We use the force for many things, for example, how do you think I'm walking unaided and unsupported?"
Monkey Muse

Ocular implants?

He walks beside her, looking at the sash around her eyes.
Hawkeye

She smiles slightly "They would still be covered up. No, our race hasn't got the squishy bags of fluid you call eyes, we use the force to see the things around us."
Monkey Muse

That's...a little hard to believe, but I guess I have to take your word for it. Would you mind telling me more about how it works?
Hawkeye

Areta frowns slightly, not having had the chance to teach a padawan explaining her abilities and how to use them was somewhat difficult to do. She waves a hand slightly "The force is everywhere, that is it's nature. It surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the universe together. I am able to 'see' the force as it exists, and so I'm aware of what's around me. For the rest...that takes some explaining, and my peers can do it much better than what I can do. But if you want to know more from me I'll try to explain." she glances around "But when we're in a more stable environment."
Monkey Muse

Of course. I'm sorry, it's just interesting that your life could be so...connected to the force that you don't need eyes.
Hawkeye

"As is of our race, some people see it as a curse. I see it as a blessing..." she trails off "It's not a problem, most people who hadn't seen my kind before would find it interesting. But I hardly think most of the crew here would, judging by Jack's actions. I've got a feeling there will be some, almost uncomfortably, strong characters among us."

She also wonders if she's just got herself a fanboy.
Monkey Muse

Indeed.

Cad takes a deep breath and coughs.

I hope they fix the air filters soon.
TwoBitWriter

((It's not that Jack didn't find you interesting, but he just felt there were some more pressing matters at hand  Razz ))
Hawkeye

She nods "And I'd like to know what the heck's been going on while we were out. Perhaps we'll both get some answers when we get to the bridge." which could be anytime, although Areta's done talking for the moment and will walk in silence until they get there (unless asked something first).
Monkey Muse

Cad goes quiet as well, trying to relax.
Hawkeye

And so they arrive at the bridge. Areta stops and scans her head around to take in the general appearance of the room.
Wukei

The crewmember that Jack takes the clothing from is missing everything important (except his clothing), including weapons and cash.

The bridge is as silent as the rest of the ship.  Though Analla made it there before everyone else, so at least there's some sign of life.  Hers is the only life in there, though.
TwoBitWriter

Jack adjusts his new clothing a bit.

"Little tight on the collar, but at least they don't smell. They actually feel laundered. This poor fool must have just started his shift when the attack happened."

Jack will then start checking out the bridge's various control panels and computers, attempting to ascertain a way to get the ship running again. He will start with the most vital systems, and work his way down.
Monkey Muse

Do you know where the Med-bay is Jack?
Hawkeye

Areta steps into the bridge proper. She had hoped for more, but this is what she had for the time being "Can you pull up any of the ship's logs?"
TwoBitWriter

Jack shakes his head.

"Cad, you must not have taken the tour. You already passed it, it's back down the hall a bit."
Jack continues to toy around with the Bridge, trying to assess the situation with the ship.
Monkey Muse

I wasn't able to. I was a last minute addition. Is it powered up?
TwoBitWriter

Jack shrugs, tinkering with some fried panels.

"How should I know? Your lucky we're still breathing in this bucket. Go check for yourself."
Hawkeye

Areta frowns. A rude pilot. That figures. She tries again "Can you pull up any of the ships logs or are they all fried?"
Wukei

The place is a floating coffin, basically.  The air you have is all you've got left.  All of the systems but the lights and gravity are destroyed beyond repair.  The only thing in the bridge that looks unharmed is the holophone.

Now that they're on the bridge, they might notice a small ship outside, sitting near theirs, but making no move to aid (or harm) at the moment.
Monkey Muse

I'm not leaving quite yet. See if you can get the air working again.
TwoBitWriter

Jack sighs. He wipes his forehead with his sleeve and turns to Areta.

"I'm trying. I really am. Systems been completely fried. I doubt I could even get engines working."

"I don't think this damage was caused by any space battle. I'm thinking sabotage, maybe. I mean, someone wanted to keep us alive while making sure we couldn't escape."

Jack looks at the ship outside. "Probably them."
Hawkeye

Areta frowns "If they intend to make us stay put I would think they would put some kind of monitoring devices around the ship. To let them know when we're awake.""
TwoBitWriter

"Well, then it's a bit too late to go checking for them. If they were watching us. They know we're awake now." Jack says.

He unslings his Blaster Carbine and extends the stock. He double checks the frag grenades and vibroknife hanging from his belt.

"Nobody captures Jack Jerrod..."
Monkey Muse

Why watch us die? We're far enough out that we won't be rescued.
Wukei

Kalentite enters the bridge, finally.  His hands were bloody from removing bodies to a singular room and raiding them of anything useful (something he hated, but he would need to do.  They would need new transportation, or would need to get this fixed on the closest world, after all.)  Perhaps they do have some kind of monitoring system.  You just haven't found it yet.  He glances toward the miraluka and smiles.  He seemed to feel a certain kinship, as he didn't need to remove his hood to see how to fight, either.

He spares a quick glance at Jack--like he knew him, but not sure where from--but doesn't press further to find out where he knew him from.

Or perhaps they're waiting to make contact, not waiting for us to die he suggests, nodding toward the holocamera on top of the broken screen.
Hawkeye

Areta turns at the new voice "Perhaps they want someth-" she stops "Kalentite?"
Lykan

The creature in the cage looks like an oversized canine with leathery black skin (which is noticeably thicker along it's back and shoulders). Its eyes are pupil-less and dark green, while it's tail is long and thick, more like a terrestrial crocodile's than anything else, and tipped with a sickle-bladed stinger. It's claws are noticeably large, more like a cat's if it never retracted them than a dog's.

It's ears perk up when the Kushiban approach, turning to face them and growling dangerously.
Wukei

He smiles and nods.  Greetings, Jedi.  It is always nice to meet a Jedi. He grins as he notes the two lightsabers on her belt. And someone obviously taught by a pupil of my own, as well.

He returns to looking serious.  I think we'd best see why they left us alive, young zeltron, if you please, he says to Analla, since she's closest.

(This also helps me slow the game down a tad, since Arty's got to be here to do that.)
-----

Tak hears the animal growl and frowns at it.  Hush.  Bad wolf.
Monkey Muse

Cad blinks. Apparently the jedi were close.

I need to head to the medbay, and I don't have my rifle with me. Could someone please give me an escort?
Hawkeye

She smiles at the greeting "He taught me very well, sir. But I do hope to learn new things along the way."

She turns to Cad "I will, you permitting of course."
Wukei

Kalentite nods to Cad.  I'll go with the duros, providing our Jedi friend doesn't mind.  My arm is still sore, and perhaps I can get something to look after my wounds.

He looks up at Areta.  If you don't mind staying here.  Perhaps whatever is on that disc, he motions to the holorecorder, can give us some information.  You may be able to sense what others cannot.
Hawkeye

Areta nods "As you wish. Should I wait for your return or look at it as soon as?"
Wukei

As soon as possible.  Though as many eyes on it as possible would be good, too.  So to speak, of course.  Someone might note something another person doesn't notice.
Hawkeye

Areta nods again "Very well."
Monkey Muse

Thank-you sir. According to the pilot, the medbay is back this way...

He walks towards the hall.
Wukei

Kalentite follows the med tech, giving Areta a glance that specifically states that he's leaving her in charge before glancing at the observing ship before he leaves the room.
Hawkeye

Areta catches the glance and then looks at the other two people in the room. The question she was asking herself was would they accept her as the one being in charge. She shrugs to herself and walks over to the holograph disc and, if not stopped, turns it on.
TwoBitWriter

(Why do you guys wait until I'm commuting home from work?)  Razz

Jack averts his eyes from Kalentite, avoiding contact.

When Kalentite turns to leave, however, he speaks to Areta.

"We can't trust that jedi... Trust me, I know."

He moves next to Areta, watching the holorecorder.
Lykan

The wolf stops, but keeps a rather cautious eye on that short furry one with lightsaber.
Monkey Muse

They should reach the medbay quickly.

Thank-you jedi. You said you were injured?
Hawkeye

Areta replies bluntly "By that statement you know nothing about him."
Wukei

Med Bay

Kalentite nods.  I was awake when the ship was attacked.  I can't remember the attackers, though, which is unusual...  He smiles, And I'm not a Jedi.  I've just trained a few.

Bridge

The small disc on the desk comes to life, a young man with long hair speaks, Greetings, Planetary Alliance.  I have someone that wants to speak with you:


A blue image of a young woman--barely in adulthood--appears, though the holographic image flickers in a protesting manner.  



Greetings, Planetary Alliance.  I am Natina Kalentite.  You should feel honoured, you are the first outside of my closest companions who are allowed to see me.  It is because you are coming from a planet right outside of the empire I have already organized that I even have decided to speak to you.  After all, I have to speak to one of your silly Alliance members to make you see the light.  

Now, to business, there is something that has always angered me about this new galaxy.  Namely, the Jedi:

"There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge..."


What a crock of shit.  The worst liars in the galaxy.  You people allow a false religion to rise.
 Her eyes seem to bore into the jedi of the group before she smiles wickedly,  Don't get me wrong, they should respect those of us that weild the Force that were born to weild it.  That's why the word was created from a word that meant "strength of the living."  Once I bring the worlds under Karista's order--as it was only a thousand years ago, though the Jedi have taken great pains to hide it--they shall truly see what the Force is.  You all have a chance, now, to live.  Return to your homes.  Tell them that there is no use in resisting.  We already have an army formed from every available ship in Hutt Space.  Nothing you could bring to bear to give us a decent fight would be ready in time.  And the galaxy belongs to Karista.  Should you not heed my suggestion, I will strike you down, slowly and painfully.  You're here to make an example of yourself, in either fighting my empire and dying or conceding to defeat.  Make the wise decision, or it will be made for you.  The hologram flickers briefly before the image disappears altogether.  

The image of the boy returns. Just in case you haven't guessed, I'm watching you at this very moment.  Probably no more than twenty meters away.  If you do as the Kalentite asks, I have been given permission to allow you on my ship.  If not...well, I'll just head home.  You've got five minutes to decide.

(Hey, 2BW, Arty and Jacklu haven't posted all day, but I'm sure they won't complain that you went on without them. ^.~)
TwoBitWriter

"Ah hell, think you can trust your Kalentite now, Areta? I should have told my captain to stuff it when he asked me to join this insane mission!" Is what Jack says in response.

He keeps his carbine at the ready. "There has to be a shuttle or something we can try to escape in. I want no part of this!"
Monkey Muse

Med Bay
If you've trained them, you might as well be one.

The Duros chuckles.

Where was the injury?
Hawkeye

Areta doesn't respond to Jack as such, she growls at the projector.
Wukei

(For those on the bridge, I'm going to wait until we get all reactions.)

-----

Kalentite shakes his head.  They would never allow me to be one.  But I am happy just being a teacher.  I don't need to be defined as one of them to be happy. But he does seem to be more comfortable dressing as one of them.

He removes his robes.  He was blinded in one eye, and there were several scars down his bare arms.  He removes his shirt to reveal a large scar over his chest.  The current wounds are in his shoulder and he seems to be bruising in the area of his ribcage.  Whoever he was fighting had used enough force to break at least two of his ribs.

I'm not up on med technology.  I don't know if you can do anything about my ribs, but I can live with a broken rib or two.  I'll meditate when I have the time to heal it fully.  And I had someone else heal my arm some, but it's not completely healed.  The wound in his shoulder still was seeping some blood, but it seemed to be waning a bit.

(But is obviously male, tyvm, Jack.  Lots of trust...but then, he is a pirate...pirates don't trust easily. [note that the woman's name is Kalentite, but it doesn't mean that they're related.])
TwoBitWriter

(Thanks for giving it away.  Razz And Jack doesn't know there isn't any relation. And it is a hell of a coincidence.)
Monkey Muse

The Dros looks at the medbay.

If we had power, I'd be able to have those ribs fixed in about three minutes, as it is I can make it comfortable and stop the bleeding.

He walks over to a cabinet and starts serching for bandages.
Wukei

Funnily enough, there are mundane bandages.  As I said, I don't mind dealing with a few broken ribs.

Mind telling me why you decided to come on this venture?  A med tech's not really the army type, are they?


(I gave nothing away that that post didn't give away.)
TwoBitWriter

Jack is going to search around the room for any monitoring devices. He is likely to simply blow it away with his blaster as soon as he finds it.
Monkey Muse

It's simple really. My colony is on the edge of Hutt space, and I was sent to ask for aid. Hold still please...

Cad begins wraping Kalentite's ribs.
Wukei

Kalentite seems to be very good at holding still, he doesn't even seem to be breathing.  However, he must be breathing shallowly, because he continues to speak (though it shouldn't interrupt Cad's work.)  A place that's always in trouble with the hutts, even if this didn't happen.  I've never understood why people willingly trade with the hutts...
Monkey Muse

We didn't trade with them. When this...invasion started we were already on the edge of Hutt space. You can understand why we got nervous.
Wukei

Of course.  It is the free worlds around hutt space that made me want to join, as well.  I have many friends that disagree with the hutt views but live on it's rim.
Monkey Muse

Thanks.

As Cad finishes wraping the bandages he looks at Kalentite again.

You trained Areta?

       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum