The homebrwed seed system!
Yes, I'm actually gonna make a point system on which you buy your supernatural abilities, they will be divided into the following catagories.
You see it works like crafting epic magic you select a "seed", and you continue from there, you have 5 points to spend, the base seed cost 2, the secondary costs 2-3, and a bonus seed costs 1
Physical: effecting the physical world, and doing damage, or hindering something in someway, or if your creative providing yourself with a physical boost.
Mental: Mind affecting abilities that can either effect others or yourself.
Spirit: Having to do with the supernatural, and such. Mostly holy energies, such as sunbeams, and the like
secondary or elemental seeds.
Fire: If I have to tell you go back to pre-school
Water: same as above
Gravity: spefically effecting the gravitational pull of the earth in relation to a object.
Light: holy magicks, the smite the demon or healing speel type of things.
Darkness: Necromancy, death effects, and off course shadows. (HEAVILY LIMTED.)
Time: The whole space time continum thing.
Spirit: Angels magic falls under this catagory, only to be used if you are either a celesital or fiendsh being.
Empowered, the powers related to this seed are exceptionally powerful.
At will: Special: this bonus seed costs three points: Self explanatory.
Most seeds will be limited in use, but with this seed you can do it at will withotu any sort of physical drain on yourself.
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? A fusion of free Form, and DnD 3.5.
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Modern day setting. IE. I will be using the futuristic weapons stats from the back of the DMG.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
As many as 10, as few as 5 I will suggest a back up PC for each player though as death will be common.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Preferably the boards, but if the players request such I can do this by MSN, Or YAHOO Messenger, but only if the players want to.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
400 Gp for everyone.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Nothing you can be any race, or anything races with above +1 LA can be worked out with me over PM
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
ANy of the races books, and I even encoaruge Savage speices... this is a high fantasy version of the modern world. I'm sure someone got busy with a permaent shapechange on at one point, or another.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
I feel genrous so a 42 point buy Hit points are also max/
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
All either good, or neutral to keep the horror at the max yo.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
I will be making most rolls for the players, and my horrific creations. Allows me to forge the horror to my liking.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
See the seed system.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, and for those of you to lazy. I will provide one.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Hack Slash, Puzzle solving, and roleplay will all be equal elements.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?