Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
Who

Random Venues Outside the Town II

Sometimes, you just need a place to do things that aren't in Town, but aren't really important enough to deserve a whole thread to themselves...

Feel free to go here.

-----

"Do you like it?"
Metakirb

Jeska nods.
Who

"Good."

Dei keeps eating, he can't think of anything to say.
Metakirb

Jeska also keeps eating for now.
Who

"Sorry about this..."
Metakirb

About what? I'm enjoying this time with you.
Who

"Really? Don't you think it's quiet?"
Metakirb

She shakes her head.
Who

The waitress returns with Jeska's new drink.

"Sorry for the wait."
Metakirb

Thank you.

She takes a sip.
Who

Off the waitress scurries, Dei watches Jeska.
Metakirb

She's smiling at him.
Who

"Good to get a second chance."
Metakirb

She nods, blushing as a thought comes into her head.
Who

Not good. Dei is entirely unaware of this though, not being able to read minds unlike Jeska.
Metakirb

Um... Master Dei?
Who

"Just Dei."
Metakirb

When we get back will you...

She blushes some more.

Will you tie me up and have your way with me?
Who

Dei reaches for Jeska's glass.

"Okay, that's enough of that for you."
Metakirb

Does that mean you won't?

She doesn't stop him.
Who

"Now I never said that."
Metakirb

Then I'm looking forward to it.
Who

He hands her the drink back and goes back to the remnants of his meal. Rubbing one foot up against Jeska's
Metakirb

She sips her drink and shivers before finishing her meal.
Who

"Ready to go?"
Metakirb

She finishes her drink and nods.
Who

Dei gets up and waits for her.
Metakirb

She also gets up.
Who

He tries to take her hand and head for the door.
Metakirb

She lets him and walks alongside him.
Who

They're stopped by the door.

"Your bill."

Dei looks at Jeska.

"What do you think?"
Metakirb

Are we likely to ever come back here?
Who

"I'm going to say no."

His other hand moves to his gun.
Metakirb

Can we just leave rather than killing them?
Who

"What? Seriously?"
Metakirb

She nods.

Please? You can take it out on me when we get back.
Who

"Fine..."

He points his gun at the person holding the bill.

"You, are very lucky."

He shoves them out the way and heads for the door.
Metakirb

Jeska keeps at his side.
Who

He opens a portal and steps through.
Metakirb

And Jeska goes with him.
Hawkeye

Crimmor

((city map))

A portal opens in a dark and sinister temple, somewhat akin to the Temple of Herreldr.
The_Librarian

"Well this looks promising," Jonah says happily.
Who

"It looks like that other temple."

Nothing gets passed this girl.
The Bushranger

"It does look a bit familiar..." Quinn mutters, rubbing her arms as the 'dark' and 'sinister' gets to her a bit.
Hawkeye

What could be best described as the head priest bows to the group, only for the reason that the Jonahs are there.

"Welcome mistresses. I can assume you're here because of the missing artifact?"
The_Librarian

Jamin, noticing Quinn's discomfort, reaches for her hand to soothe her.

"It's okay.  This is a Herreldr Temple, and you're with Herreldrs, you've nothing to be afraid off.  Except fire and darkness."

Jonah beams with delight at the priest - she adores it when someone bows to her.

"We are.  Tell us everything we should know, then point us in the right direction.  We'll get that artefact back, you can bet on it, Awesome Follower."
The Bushranger

Fire and darkness? Nothing at all to be scared of there. Razz

Quinn nods back to Jamin, looking a little better, and reaches for Aurora, guessing her friend could probably use a little comfort. As she stays quiet. But smiles and barely stifles a giggle at Jonah.
Who

Aurora definitely could, she's not a huge fan of fire but she puts a brave face on none the less.
Hawkeye

The priest is a little off guard at Jonah's tone, usually if he got orders from on high they had a much more militaristic and harsh tone to them. None to less they were orders, he's used to orders

"The artefact was taken from an outpost just south from this town. Our contacts and agents around the area suggest quite strongly that the thief has taken up refuge in this town, and we are close to tracking down his exact location. What is unsure at the moment is what encounter level he is, and how many resources he has to call on to strengthen his position."

He looks at the group, and notices their apparent ages

"How much experience have you had in combat?"
The_Librarian

"Lets see, there were sniper-archers, and there were those four guys in the Milk Bar-"

"Was it the Milk Bar?" Jamin interrupts.

"I think so, then there were zombies with Mel, and the lady who lived off fear recently.  The biggest problem we've had with combat is sometimes a blow that was meant to knock someone out explodes him instead, that kind of thing.  And our uncle, The Rogue, has given us a few pointers with pointy things."
Who

"And I used to be a bouncer."

That sort of counts, right?
The Bushranger

"I can...sometimes turn into a Far thing. Thingy. Black and creepy," Quinn quickly adds, before doubts are cast on her ability.

Of course, she leaves out how she has to be 'contaminated' by something else in order to turn into one...
The_Librarian

"So you see, we're more capable than you might think to look at us," Jamin says.  "But juuuuuuuuust in case one of us were to get over-excited... this ring, it can't be destroyed by fire, can it?"
Hawkeye

The priest doesn't look overly convinced by the reputations the girls gave out, but he had higher orders that they should be the ones to carry out the task. So he internally shrugs and carries on.

"The flames that can be produced by Lord Kalidas, and of course the great god Merant, can easily destroy almost anything. The fires that you can produce...it remains to be seen."

The Herreldr family was well known in all the temples, including the assumed limitations to Jonah's and Jamin's power as they had not been 'brought up right'.
The Bushranger

Quinn would protest that, but, unlike Mel, she can't read OOC text. Razz
And so she just stays quiet, and lets those with red hair do the talking.
The_Librarian

The Jonahs react almost identically, their shoulders rising a little as they tense up, lips curling into snarls and fireballs appearing in their hands - in Jamin's case, she lets go of Quinn's hand first.  Without saying anything, they hurl their fireballs at the biggest piece of furniture they can see - a throne, if there is one for example, or an altar - with the intention of utterly destroying it.
Hawkeye

The throne disintegrates when the two fireballs hit it, all that is left afterwards where the chair should have been is a thin layer of ash. The various priests that where in the temple at the time had thrown themselves out of the, but not the head priest.

"You certainly do have the families temperament. But you don't have their power. Not yet at least."
The_Librarian

"Here's a friendly warning," Jonah says, in a tone that is anything but.  "Describe us as inferior to Kalidas again, and you'll know how that throne felt."

The Jonahs have a button and it has been well and truly pressed.

"Now you said your priests were close to tracking down this thief's exact location here.  Where is he?"  Jamin asks.

@V And yet Libris can still get them to do homework.  That's how badass the paladin is.
Who

Woah, they can be scary...
The Bushranger

Quinn gasps, and steps back a few feet as tempers flare!
"Remind me to never tick you guys off..." she mutters, just loud enough to be heard.
Hawkeye

The priest pauses for a moment. This is the type of personality that his god wanted to bring out of them...but he didn't want to be overly disrespectful to the family. But even though he is the head priest this is a dead end town and he was stuck here unless he did something that would get him noticed big time. Bringing even one of them out more to Merant's way of thinking might do that. Making them angry...might do that.

He bows again.

"I'm sorry for speaking honestly. That won't happen again while I'm talking about you and your powerful sibling."

Without pausing for breath he continues.

"I'll take you to the location he has identified. He'll be there to meet you."
The_Librarian

"You've totally lost your awesome status, you know," Jonah says, calming down - her mind's back on the mission.  Mostly.  She's going to remember this priest, though, and none too fondly.  "Come on then, lets get to it."  The sooner she can get away from him, the better.  And when the mission's over?  She smiles slightly.

Jamin smiles reassuringly at Quinn and Aurora.
"Sorry about that - hope we didn't scare you both too much," she whispers.
Who

Aurora shakes her head, she's not too scared. Though next time they ask her to bring llamanade and brownies she's going to do it double time.
Hawkeye

"Follow me then." he walks out of the temple.
The_Librarian

And the Jonahs lead the way for their friends after him.
Who

Aurora quietly follows, looking about as she does.
Hawkeye

The temple is at position 8 on the map. He walks south along the street towards the buildings at position 1.

The temple on the outside also looks like the temple in town, although it's much smaller.
The_Librarian

The Jonahs look around in faint interest, but are more interested in their destination than Crimmor itself.  Plus, occasionally they glare at the priest's back.
Hawkeye

If the Jonah's can remember far into the past the city looks a lot like what Darromar looked like when she visited it in the past. Although this city looks like it's getting more on the way to recovery as there is people on the streets. Although the people scatter when they see the priest, the temple has a strong influence on the people of the town.
The Bushranger

"I'm fine. I just...wasn't expecting that," Quinn admits, smiling.

When they head out, she walks alongside Aurora, her own head on a swivel, trying to take in everything.
The_Librarian

Jonah whispers something to Jamin before the latter moves to walk alongside Quinn, and Jonah moves to walk with Aurora.

"Not that I'm concerned or anything," Jonah says quietly to the other girls.  "But this place has probably felt the full force of the Herreldr Temple before - and still this thief had the guts to steal from him."  Jonah even sounds a little impressed.

"So the thief is either incredibly strong, incredibly brave, incredibly foolish, incredibly mad, or all four," Jamin comments.
Who

"That, doesn't sound good at all..."
The Bushranger

"Maybe he's Mr. Incredible then?" Quinn can't help asking, giggling a little, before turning serious. "We'll be fine. Don't worry too much, OK?"
The_Librarian

"Not good," Jonah agrees with Aurora.

"But who said we're worried?" Jamin asks Quinn.  "We don't get scared."
Hawkeye

As they go into a back alley the priest stops. Up ahead of them is a man leaning on a wall smoking a cigarette, when he sees the party he stands up straight. He drops the cigarette on the floor and steps on the end of it "So you guys are the ones he sent. A little too young in my opinion."
The_Librarian

"And your opinion matters because you are...?" Jonah prompts him.
The Bushranger

((Gah, sorry about that. I keep forgetting that it's "9" and not "1" on the font size. >.<))

Quinn grins a bit at Jonah. "Well, if you're not worries, I'm not worried." she says...

...then frowns as she heads the man's comment about their youth.

"Judge us by our age, do you?" she can't resist saying.
Hawkeye

The man looks at Quinn first "Yes." then he replies to Jonah "I'm the person that'll point out the place you need to go, Toots."
The_Librarian

Jonah grins - well, these two girls do love nicknames.  Mind you, compared to the priest they'd have probably smiled at Kalidas too.

"Well you'd best lead on, then," Jonah says, tilting her head to one side.  "After all, being as young as we are, we don't want to miss our naptime."
Hawkeye

The man chuckles, slightly surprised that he got away with that "I like you two. Come along now children, it's just over here." he walks off further down the alley, lighting up another cigarette as he walks.
Who

Aurora'll wait for everyone else to move before following. Just thought I should say something, cause she's still her even if she does feel a little useless.
The_Librarian

Jamin reaches to hold Aurora's hand.

"We're gonna be fine," she says as Jonah leads the way in following the mysterious man.
Who

Aurora's greatful for the hand and follows Jonah's lead.
Hawkeye

He takes another drag on his cigarette and points towards a door at the end of the alley "Through...'talking' to some residents nearby I've learned that a person called an alias of the culprit has been residing in that premises. I'll advise caution, but being so 'tough' as you say you are you shouldn't need it."
The_Librarian

"Damn right," Jonah says.  "Who is he?  What's his name?"
Hawkeye

"Robin Morlain. I can't tell you what he looks like as he's a shapeshifter and so could look like anybody." he pauses "Although true seeing should point him out because he'd be the only one in magical disguise. Although given your exact orders I think there shouldn't be a reason to point him out exactly."
The Bushranger

Quinn follows along, going to take Aurora's other hand reassuringly.
"A shapeshifter?" she says, surprised. "Is there any way to force him into his natual form?"
Hawkeye

"Not easily. The ability ceases upon death, kill the right person and the problem goes away."

He notes the hand holding and hmphs to himself inside. Did He think that the rabble in front of him were up to the challenge?
Who

Aurora so should not have tagged along. All I'm saying.
The Bushranger

Quinn is gettng the feeling she's in over her head as well. But there's no way she's backing down. No way. No how...

"How 'not easily' is 'not easily'?" she presses, sounding a bit nervous, but determined. "Instead of zapping lots of people, just concentrating the same amount of force all on one would be more efficent..."
She trails off and steps back a bit, worried she might have pushed a bit far.
And therefore doesn't follow up with, 'and that precision would be much more impressive to the worshippers', although the thought is in her mind.
Hawkeye

"Subtlety is not the Herreldr's strong point." he pauses and looks at the Jonahs "So far at least. Other people would go for targeting a single person. For your family collateral damage goes hand in hand with extermination."
The_Librarian

"And then some," Jamin adds, reminiscing of exploding chimneys.

"All right," Jonah says, turning to the other girls.  "This is probably going to be messy and dangerous.  There's going to be at least one death - hopefully none of us.  There's going to be lots of fire, because I like fire."

"Basically," Jamin says.  "The temple is back that way," she says, pointing back towards the road they walked down.  "If you're not up to this, we won't think any less of you if you turn around and walk back to the temple if you can face Priest Grumpy-Guts, that is.  You've got nothing to prove."

"But we do.  So we're going in," Jonah finishes.
Hawkeye

The man smiles thinly. At last someone was taking some forward action instead of pussy-footing around.
The Bushranger

Quinn straightens up fully, and clears her throat.
In hopes of avoiding stammering.
"I'm not going back, if you're going forwards," she states firmly - in a tone much more confident than how she actually feels.
Who

Aurora nods in agreement with Quinn, she's fairly sure if she actually spoke she'd betray how scared she is right now.
The_Librarian

"Then let's do this," Jonah says.  Jamin lets go of Aurora's hand, stands next to Jonah and readies a fireball in one hand.  Jonah, meanwhile, also prepares a fireball and then attempts to open the door with her free hand.
The Bushranger

Quinn squeezes Aurora's hand before letting go, flexing her fingers and finding her psionic centre...
Hawkeye

The door opens quite easily.

The man drops his cigarette and treads on the end.
The_Librarian

Jonah hesitates, wondering if stealth is a good thing to try right now - not that she or Jamin are much good at it.  The Rogue taught them some things, but stealth wasn't one of them.

She turns and places her finger on her lips to indicate they should move quietly, and she heads into the house, looking around warily.  Her gut feeling is that if the thief is here, and there's an upstairs, that's where he'll be.
The Bushranger

Quinn nods, and quickly manifests a psionic shield around herself as she moves to follow.

Motioning for Aurora to go ahead of her, lest somebody sneak up on her from behind...

       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town Page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum