Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
Who

Mountains VIIII

They're mountains.  They have caves... and dragons surely too.

And rocks, don't forget the rocks.

And one, maybe two volcanoes.

And other things you should expect from a mountain range.
Who

Quote:
So Lone takes point and starts up the path. Lets see what this one has in store for us.


And presumably he is followed by Amist who in turn is followed by Joff. Our heroes'll quickly find themselves hemmed in on either side by tall rock faces.
The Bushranger

Indeed, Amist follows Lone and presumably has Joff follow her. And she eyes the rock faces with ambush-seeking intent.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone is also looking over the rocks on ether side. And here I was hoping for a better view. But he continues on ahead.
Who

Joff seems rather enthralled by the large rock faces either side of them, so on the plus side at least someone's happy. Unfortunately though this does mean that he doesn't notice when bits of gravel tumble down the left face, I mean hey it could just be gravity right?
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone does notice it and begins quite intently looking for the source.
The Bushranger

Amist also is on alert! And in a flash has a hand crossbow out...
Who

Well there's no visual cues but there's definitely muffled sounds of movement coming from above them. Joff is still painfully oblivious to all this, seems he's found something rather interesting.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone is focused on where the nois is coming form. Amist you hear what I hear. Lone looks to see where the other to are. Joff, I don't think we are alone here!
The Bushranger

"Yup. Sounds like company."
Amist grins.
"And a fight."

She aims the hand crossbow at...
...no, over?....
...the top of the cliff...
"Don't watch it!"
...and fires!

The arrow arching up and over before exploding with a stunning flash-bang!
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone's visor darkens as the flash-bang goes off. OOOOOOO, fireworks!
Who

There's the clattering sound of hooves against rock as the flashbang goes off, causing more gravel to tumble harmlessly down on them.
The Bushranger

"Horses. Possibly zebras, but most likely horses," Amist observes.
WoF Lone Wolf

Well that would mean we either scared off some local wildlife or we are being watched. Lone keeps moving up the trail. Come on Joff, don't get too far behind.
Who

Joff snaps out of his reverie and hurries along after them.

"I'm sorry, I sort of drifted off there didn't I? But it's the most peculiar thing."
The Bushranger

"Hooved mammals attempting to influence the pebbles' votes? What could be more peculiar than that?" Amist asks with a chuckle.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone turns to look back. What did you find so interesting?
Who

"There's something in the rock, I can't quite tell what it is though but it's like nothing I've ever seen."

Joff points to a faint point of light within the rock.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone looks to where Joff is pointing. Ok that is weird. Seance when could we see light through solid rock?
The Bushranger

"When the rock is not solid," Amist points out in a Captain Obvious moment. "Or when it's lumiescent."
Who

Joff nods in agreement.

"But why would a rock need to be luminescent?"
The Bushranger

"Some naturally are," Amist states, as she goes to investigate the rocks more closely.
Who

It's a rock about the size of her fist, glowy too.

"Why? Luminescences is typically to attract prey, what sort of rock needs to eat?"
WoF Lone Wolf

Quote:
"Why? Luminescences is typically to attract prey, what sort of rock needs to eat?"

Joff has said the magic words and all of Lone's weapons begin charging up as he starts looking around much more intently. Is it the rock that needs to eat or would the question be what would use the rock to attract prey?
The Bushranger

"...I was thinking simply along the lines of bioluminescent lichen that you see in caves, but now that you mention it..." And Amist tries to get a better look at the rock.
Who

"I think we should refrain from touching it with our bare hands either way."

Joff starts rummaging for a pair of gloves in his bag.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone extends the sword in his armors right arm. I can give it a nudge if you want,
The Bushranger

"Probably a good idea, I wouldn't want to be disarmed," Amist quips, stepping back and giving the boys a 'you first' gesture.
Who

Joff too steps back, waiting for Lone to do his thing.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone reaches out and roles the rock over with the end of the sword. If it does anything unexpected the sword will snap back into its sheath and the ppc in that arm will go off. If nothing happens then all is good.
Who

The rock rolls, as objects tend to do when exposed to an external force. How jolly sinister.
WoF Lone Wolf

So the rock will live...for now. What do you think it is?
The Bushranger

"Dunno. I'd keep an eye on it, though," Amist says with a shrug.
Who

Joff nods in agreement and begins carefully wrapping it in a handkerchief and putting it in his pocket.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone watches the rock get raped up and put away before starting up the path again. I wonder if the natives are gona be friendlier when we get up to where ever this thing is, or if it knows what we did to its buddy.
The Bushranger

"I'm hoping they're looking for a fight," Amist drawls with a grin.
Who

"That is worrying behaviour. I once knew a fellow like that, ended up in an asylum."

Rock safely stowed away Joff begins moving again, the end of the valley is in sight.
WoF Lone Wolf

Poor fella, I bet he's a handful for the staff. Looks like we have a change of scenery coming up.
The Bushranger

"Poor guy, or poor staff?" Amist quips, before nodding and drawing her greatsword quietly, just in case.
Who

Are adventurous heroes'll now find themselves at the top of the valley, the path having lead upwards with me totally forgetting to mention it. It'll now become abundantly clear what the noise they heard before was and unfortunately for Amist it's not a bloodthirsty cult, rather a small heard of winged coats.
WoF Lone Wolf

Well I'm sure they where flying into things after your flash bang went off. Lone chuckles as he watches the goats.
The Bushranger

Amist chuckles, and shakes her head in bemusement.
"At least they weren't fainting goats."
Who

"Fainting goats? What an odd concept."

They'll now find themselves standing on a flat plateau with really not much around besides the winged goats.

"Well, this is unfortunate."
WoF Lone Wolf

Why is that Joff? Free lunch if I hit one. Lone takes aim with the shotgun in his right arm for emphasis.
Who

"Are you suggesting we eat raw goat?"
WoF Lone Wolf

O I'm sure we can cook it, or I can get one with the PPC and it would be insta cooked. Lone chuckles with amusement at the thought.
The Bushranger

"There's more than one use for a fireball spell," Amist agrees with a grin.
Who

"Right then, well if you must. Fire away."
WoF Lone Wolf

Any one hungry? Lone takes aim and shoots at one of the goats.
Who

With an anguished bleat the goat pass away, the others scattering away from it.
The Bushranger

"Mmm, chevon," Amist observes, pulling a kukri and approaching the fallen goat.
Who

The creatures wings flap spasmodically for a few seconds before giving out as Amist approaches with her blade. Joff looks away, unaccustomed to such things.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone watches Amist obviously at home cutting up the goat. Turning to Joff Lone chuckles. Not hungry? Its always better fresh.
The Bushranger

And Amist does indeed look to be fairly well skilled at butchering a freshly killed critter!

Perhaps thankfully for Joff, she doesn't follow the Indian tradition of carving out the heart and consuming it raw.
Who

He'd probably find that rather interesting actually. He shakes his head at Lone, having rather lost his appetite. A series of noticeable shadows skate across the ground, probably just more goats nothing to worry about.
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone does notice the shadows and reflexively looks for whatever is casting them.
The Bushranger

Amist, busy buchering goat for a fireball barbecue, doesn't notice.
Who

It's hard to tell really, it's a black shape against the sun maybe as big as a person and it's getting lower as it makes a second pass round.
WoF Lone Wolf

The visor on Lone's armor darkens to deal with the glare looking up at the sun allowing Lone to better see what is flying around. As a precaution the cannon on Lone's shoulder begins to track the newcomer. Hey Amist we may have company.
The Bushranger

Amist looks up, pausing in removing the flying goat's wings, and squints to pinpoint the intruder.
Who

With the glare gone Lone'll see that the shape is another goat thing, still winged but humanoid this time, it lands in front of Amist holding a crook and looking a mite angry.
The Bushranger

Amist looks up. Blinks. Blinks again.
"...oh, dear. My apologies, I'd assumed they were feral. I can reimburse you?"
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone regards the winged shepperd that has landed near Amist. We really did figure they where wild. I'm sorry for the mistake.
Who

The goat creature nods, so at the very least it understands them. Whether it can speak Common is anyones guess.
The Bushranger

Amist stands, looking sheepish, and reaches to produce a platinum bar from the pouch on her belt.

"Will this suffice as payment?" she asks the Winged Goatherd.
Who

And now all I can think of is this song. Thanks a lot.

The goatherd regards the bar for a moment before trying to snatch it from her.
The Bushranger

Heh.

He's successful at snatching it! And Amist steps back a pace.
WoF Lone Wolf

Sorry guys, our net is down out here so the phone will wave to do.

Lone watches the winged figure buit dosn't say anything yet being not to certan what to make of it after remembering the name of the much larger cerature they are there to find.
Who

The bar now in its possession the creature makes an odd sort of goat noise and takes flight again, flying up and out of sight

"Well that was certainly curious. I should expect we're going to find more of them."
The Bushranger

"Well, at least now we know they belong to somebody. And now that we have legal possession of this one, perhaps it should be roasted?" Amist suggests.
Who

"Well it would certainly be a shame to waste it."
WoF Lone Wolf

I'll second that. Lone chimes in looking back at bits of goat. Lets have a BBQ.
The Bushranger

Amist grins, and sets about finishing the butchering and preparing the goat-critter for a fireball barbecue.
Hawkeye

((psst, it's IX, not VIIII Razz ))
Who

((What can I say, roman numerals were never my strong point))

"Do you think we should try and locate those creatures?"
WoF Lone Wolf

The goats or there Shepperd? If his kind are the ones guarding and worshiping what where after this could get interesting.
The Bushranger

"Eat first, hunt flying goats later," Amist observes matter-of-factly.
Who

"Well if they do want to harm us we'll know soon enough. They know where we are now."
WoF Lone Wolf

If they come after us we will be ready for them. What do you think Amist? Lone looks over to see how the BBQ is going.
The Bushranger

Whoompf!
One Insanely Overpowered Fireball later, the goat is nice and cripsy outside and nice and juicy inside.
"I think we can take them."
WoF Lone Wolf

We will just need a bigger fly swatter for when we find this critter we're after.
Who

Whoops, it was my turn to post, sorry about that.

"It's good to know you two are so confident about the success of this endeavour."
The Bushranger

"Hey, we beat that critter down below. We can beat the critters up here too," Amist says with a grin. "Now who wants a roast?"
WoF Lone Wolf

thats ok who, it hapens to all of us

I'll take one. Lone grins as he walks over to Amist. One way or another we can get this over sized beast.
Who

"And then what? Do we just continue down the list of these supposed deities?"
WoF Lone Wolf

I don't know, I guess that would depend on how many of them try to kills us or befriend us. Though that would be more a question of what type of deities they are.
The Bushranger

Amist shrugs, and carves up the goat for their meal!
Who

"You're right I mean there's nothing to suggest that they'll all be like that one from the sewer."
WoF Lone Wolf

Have you found anything els in the book you found? Lone climes out of his armor and gets a peace of the roast goat.
Who

Joff shakes his head, passing up on the goat. He's actually vegetarian.

"Nothing, just names and vague locations. If these creatures are a unified pantheon they're not big on communication."
The Bushranger

Amist chows down!
"Sounds like it'll be fun tracking them down then," she says, half-serious and half-sarcastic.
WoF Lone Wolf

maybe we will get lucky and fine more information on them when we reach one of there shrines.
Who

Joff nods, waiting for them to finish their goat.

"It would certainly make things easier, though it is possible that I can decipher more of that book."
WoF Lone Wolf

Lone starts in on his food. That would probably be a good idea, any extra knowledge we have is good.
The Bushranger

"Decipher away, my good man," Amist says with a dismissive wave of her hand as she enjoys the barbecued feast.
Who

Decipher he does!

"Interesting, if those creatures do have something to do with the being we're looking for then finding one should lead to the other. It seems regular offerings are part of a ritual to appease the creature."
WoF Lone Wolf

So we work our way up the ladder form one creature to the next. Who knows what kind of loot both in treasure and in books we may find at each place. Lone grins as he enjoys his BBQ.
The Bushranger

"We'll know - once we've found out," Amist says with a grin. With then fades just a little. "So, goat-herd guy there, he's one of the bad guys then?"
Who

"Not bad no, they just happen to revere the creature we're seeking out. For all we know they could be perfectly amiable."
WoF Lone Wolf

We can certainly hope so. Lone nods finishing off his meal.

       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum