Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> Looking for Players
The Chilli God

Gosh, it's boring over here...

Lets try to liven things up a little in this area, shall we? Razz

I'm going to be DM'ing a published adventure for you guys. Because you're all so special and because I need something to keep myself occupied during the three weeks I have of term break.
For those of you keeping with the more recent supplement books that Wizards of the Coast are churning out like corks from a cork factory, this one's called Barrow of the Forgotten King. It's part of a three-part series, except that I don't have the other two parts yet and I don't really want to bother myself with a campaign longer than just 64-odd pages. But if the players are enthusiastic enough about continuing...

Oh, yes. Rules, rules...

-These lovely forums shall serve well as our gaming medium.
-We'll be using the system this adventure was made for - D&D 3.5. I hope we're all familiar with that system (though I have DM'ed for newbies before and wouldn't mind teaching other new players).
-Looking for 4 to 5 players. I'll be taking them in on a first-come-first-served basis, so hurry up!
-Start at Second (2nd) level. Is what the book says!
-I'll be nice and give you a little bit more than standard DMG wealth for your level, because I think this adventure is a bit under-treasured during the first section especially. You get 2500gp to spend during character creation.
-Any WotC-published D&D 3.5 source is allowed for making your characters, including material from Forgotten Realms and Eberron. However! Unearthed Arcana and all house rules, mechanics, etc, contained within are out-of-bounds. I hate Unearthed Arcana, see.
-Try for a 32-point buy along with using average hit points per hit dice (Edit: Except for first level, you still get max hitpoints for your hit dice for first level).
-Due to the regrettable lack of a forum dice-roller, dice rolls can either be made on any reliable dice-rolling website (such as Invisible Castle), or you can just let me do the rolling. Either way. Don't worry, I'll be fair. Very Happy
-You can send me character sheets any which way you like. On some sort of characer-profiling website or stamping stats onto your message; by PM or by posting here.
-A little note: I'm a chronic rules lawyer. I do not hesitate to point out everything that I see incorrect with the character sheet and that's including how much gold you say you have spent (you have no idea how many PC's I see that lack balancing money-figures). Do not take it personally.
-This adventure aims for a little more hack'n'slash than roleplaying or puzzle-solving, though there are portions of all three elements allocated.

Okay, is that everything? Right! I hope to see some interested peoples for this. Wink
Deadly

Hmm... sounds like fun. I'm in.

I'll be playing a snow elven (Frostburn book) soulknife, I think, if there's no objections to that Smile

*Wanders off to make stats and background for new character*
Castaras

In.

Now to think up of a character idea...*Goes to find rule books*

Oh, and just to say that while I've played(and am playing) D&D 3.0 games, I haven't looked into 3.5.

So not a complete newbie. Razz
Artemis

I'd like to join. I'm pretty new to the game, but I think I have a fair understanding of the rules. I'll be working with the 3 core books, they're all I have.

1 Elven rogue coming up.
helgraf

I'll be glad to give this a whirl - set me up a stat array, would you?
Deadly

Ok, here's the first draft of my character sheet: Eladan

If there's any specific details or something you want on it, just let me know. I plan to go through it once more, when I'm less tired, and add/fix the rest.

I've never actually played by the rules, I've only been building characters. So I do know the basics, but I'm sure there are a ton of rules I'm not familiar with.

Oh, and I didn't draw that nice picture. I don't remember where I found it, but credit naturally goes to the artist.
The Chilli God

Ah, right. Don't have DMG, helgraf?

Have: 18, 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
Or: 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 10
Or: 14, 14, 13, 13, 13, 13

That should be enough choice.

In other news: Yay, interest!
helgraf

The Chilli God wrote:
Ah, right. Don't have DMG, helgraf?

Have: 18, 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
Or: 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 10
Or: 14, 14, 13, 13, 13, 13

That should be enough choice.

In other news: Yay, interest!


Well, I do have a DMG, but I figured it's easier to let the DM roll the bones than play around with other websites and link the results over (ala Invisible Castle).

Now that I have those to work with, I'll put something together when I get home from work tonight.
The Chilli God

Oh, right. Because I said 32 point buy would be used. (DMG 169) It keeps the chaotic dice-rolling out of the picture and ends up with more fairness between PC's, IMO.

Deadly, I'll make sure to smooth over any issues with you over PM sometime later. Looks pretty good at first glance, though. Very Happy

Edit: There's always something with the rules that I forget to mention. Always. Ergh. You can still have maximum hit points per hit dice for your first level. But it's going to be average after that.
Destro Yersul

I could give it a shot. How many posts per day would you expect? Oh, and I'll play a cleric.
The Chilli God

Well, the other pbp's I've done over in Giantitp's are updated only about once or twice a week. I think that we could get slightly better than that here, though. Maybe once or twice a day?

In other news, two characters are in and sorted. That leaves 2-3 player slots left. Get 'em while they're still hot!
helgraf

The Chilli God wrote:
Oh, right. Because I said 32 point buy would be used. (DMG 169) It keeps the chaotic dice-rolling out of the picture and ends up with more fairness between PC's, IMO.

Deadly, I'll make sure to smooth over any issues with you over PM sometime later. Looks pretty good at first glance, though. Very Happy

Edit: There's always something with the rules that I forget to mention. Always. Ergh. You can still have maximum hit points per hit dice for your first level. But it's going to be average after that.


'ell - I somehow glazed over that when I saw the dice roller comment. I can do 32 point buy easy. Sorry for the inconvienience.

I'll be popping up a Human Sorcerer with the Draconic Heritage tree of feats (or the beginnings of it, anyway.) Build is done, just working on background.
Destro Yersul

Kdokey. *goes to make character*
helgraf

Character posted here, complete with full equipment breakdown, coin by coin.

http://ironhand.livejournal.com/72633.html
Destro Yersul

And here's my Character. Locke, Cleric of Heironeous
Deadly

I changed Eladan's stats a bit, they should be final now.

To Chilli God, the changes were mostly to his equipment. I added a few lesser stuff, and changed the short sword to a dagger (I realised he wasn't proficient with short swords)

I also changed his abilities slightly, lowering charisma by 2 and raising strength by 1. It fits the character better, and gives a slightly improved carrying capacity.
The Chilli God

Okay. That makes four PC's, so we can start the show.
Note that slot #5 will still be open for anyone that wants to shove in their PC late (*Looks at Castaras*), even after I start the game thread up.

Expect to see it up within 12 hours or something like that.

Yay!
El Jaspero

Huh. I'd be interested since all my PbPs save the one I'm actually running over on Rawhide's boards have died. Kinda looks like you could use some meat, perhaps? Maybe a fighter or knight to stand in front of the squishyfolk...

I'm off to our tabletop D&D campaign right at the moment but will check back in when I get back.
The Chilli God

And, we're underway.
For Destro, Artemis, helgraf, and Deadly, you can introduce your PC's any which way you like, but if we want to get the real adventuring started, I'd prefer it if you introduced yourself whilst walking into the Coronet and Cabbage.

Anyone else who wants to join, that 5th slot is still open for late arrivals. Very Happy
Moozy

Psst, Chilli God, did you miss El J's post?
El Jaspero

Hokay, here's Graath. If you'd rather not have a monstrous PC, let me know and I'll recreate him as something else. I won't enter the thread until I hear approval from you, Chili God.

((I'll be traveling the next few days; I should have access, but responses might be a touch slow.))
The Chilli God

Nono, I did read El J's last post. As I said, the spot's still open.
I'm rather wary about having monstrous PC's, but I do like gnolls. I'll go over the sheet now, El Jaspero.
El Jaspero

That's how I read it too...just because I waved my hand doesn't mean I'm in.

If you're wary of monstrous PCs I can easily rework him as a human or something.
El Jaspero

Guh...tangledweb has been fantastically annoying with dropped saves this morning. I'm sure it's the interaction between it and the hotel wireless, but it just about made me throw the laptop through the window.

Anyway, here is a slightly different cut of meat shield; basically the same character, just created as a human.
Castaras

...Crap, I need to check this forum more often, don't I?

Not likely to finish my character soon, so I'll bow out and let El J take the place.
The Chilli God

Well, it's been settled, now. We're full of players. Yay! Very Happy
And, sorry Cassie. But I can always hold you a position as a reserve if another player feels like dropping out for whatever reason, if you want.
El Jaspero

Yeah, sorry Cas...if I get a game started over here for some reason I'll be sure to let you know.
helgraf

El Jaspero wrote:
Yeah, sorry Cas...if I get a game started over here for some reason I'll be sure to let you know.


And me? :kitten eyes:
El Jaspero

helgraf wrote:
El Jaspero wrote:
Yeah, sorry Cas...if I get a game started over here for some reason I'll be sure to let you know.


And me? :kitten eyes:


Yes, I owe you one too. I'm going to have to start the "El Jaspero's Contractual Obligation Campaign" pretty soon.
helgraf

El Jaspero wrote:
helgraf wrote:
El Jaspero wrote:
Yeah, sorry Cas...if I get a game started over here for some reason I'll be sure to let you know.


And me? :kitten eyes:


Yes, I owe you one too. I'm going to have to start the "El Jaspero's Contractual Obligation Campaign" pretty soon.


Heh, my friend runs a Spycraft game with the Campaign title "Hampton's Folly"...
Deadly

Because the link to my sheet is down currently, here's Eladan's sheet, copied and pasted:

Eladan

Male Snow Elf, Soulknife 2
CG Medium Humanoid
Init +3
Senses Low-Light Vision, Listen +6, Spot +8
Languages Common, Elven, Goblin
Age 137 Height 5' 3" (160cm) Weight 125 lb. (57kg) Hair White Skin Pale Eyes White

AC 19 (+3 dex, +4 armor, +2 shield), touch 13, flat-footed 16
HD 2d10 (19 hp)
Immune Magic sleep effects
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +5 (+2 against enchantment spells and effects)

Speed 30 ft.
Attack +5 (1d6+2 ; 19-20/x2) mindblade (melee and ranged)
Base Atk +1 Grp +3

Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
SA Mind Blade, Throw Mind Blade
Feats Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (mindblade), Wild Talent
Skills Climb 3, Concentration 4, Hide 6, Jump 3, Knowledge (psionics) 2, Listen 6, Move Silently 6, Spot 8, Tumble 6
Proficiencies All simple weapons, mindblade, light armor, shield (not tower), longsword, rapier, longbow and shortbow

Possessions
Studded Leather Armor +1 (1175gp)
Masterwork Heavy Wooden Shield (157gp)
Masterwork Silver Dagger (322gp)
10 Potions of CLW (500gp)
2 Potions of Protection from Evil (100gp)
2 Potion of Sanctuary (100gp)
2 Alchemist Fire (40gp)
2 Smoke Sticks (40gp)
Silken Rope (10gp)
Cold Weather Outfit (8gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Trail Rations, 4 days (2gp)
Signet Ring (5gp)
Bedroll (1sp)

Gold 38 gp

Load 55 lb.
Encumbrance Limits Light < 66 lb, Medium 67-133 lb, Heavy 134-200 lbs.

Notes


Background
Eladan grew up in a glacial city far to the north, and trained from a young age to be a scout and defender of the city. On one of his scoutings, Eladan was lost in a snowstorm which lasted almost 3 days. When the storm calmed down, Eladan found himself lost, unable to find his way back. Not knowing where he was, and realising that trying to find his way back alone, across the glacier, was almost certain to get him killed, Eladan decided to seek south instead. His hope was to find a less hostile environment where he could seek aid.

Now knowing where he is, but unable to point out the exact location of his home on a map, Eladan hopes to one day be able to return home.

Description and Personality
Eladan is reserved and aloof, not used to dealing much with others and grown up in a very isolated and harsh environment. Since he tends to stick to himself and remain quiet, getting to know him better can be difficult, but if you do, you will find that he is friendly and caring enough, he just doesn't show it as openly.

Eladan is as graceful as other elves, but his features are more hardened. He always wears heavy white clothes over his armor, even when it obviously is too hot for it. Eladan's mindblades are a frosty blue/white, almost like shimmering ice.
Artemis

I hope this is good, here's Novia, my Druid.


Click to download file

*wanders off grumbling about profiler site*
El Jaspero

Haemus

       Enupnion Forum Index -> Looking for Players
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum