Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
Who

Gold Hunt [Plot]

Stepping out of the portal Rhias'll find herself in a large humid jungle, surrounded by trees. Though something seems off about it the trees are all still, seemingly smooth to the touch and the vines that hang from them look far too uniform, both in colour and the way they go from tree to tree.

Not just that but the noises are all off, no bird song, no animal calls just a low rumbling noise. Rhias'll get the feeling that something is very very wrong.
Metakirb

Gold? You gonna make me look for you or are you here?
Who

No response, only the rumbling sound that echoes through the solid trees.
Metakirb

She sighs and heads towards the rumbling, staying on guard.
Who

As she's going to have a hard time moving forward, there are branches in her way and she wont be able to just brush them out of the way, refusing to move at all.
Metakirb

A blood red dagger appears in her hand and she starts cutting her way forward.
Who

The branches break open as they hit the ground, revealing them to be rocky in the center and a light grey colour.
Metakirb

She glances at them, but keeps going.
Who

She's going to have to slice through an awful lot of branches, all revealing the same thing. About halfway she might get the feeling that she's being followed.
Metakirb

She keeps going for now, waiting for whatever's following to get closer.
Who

She's not going to have to wait long as whatever it is attempts to leap on her next time she's halfway through cutting a branch.
Metakirb

She spins and slashes with the dagger.
Who

It leaps back, pushing off her and landing on the ground. Before her stands a black cat like creature about the size of a tiger covered in what can best be described as very sharp cogs. It snarls at her, a black substance very much like tar dripping from the corner of its mouth.
Metakirb

Yeah yeah, Grrr, snarl, hiss and all that.

Her clothes shift into something more suited for moving in a fight.
Who

It moves behind some trees, not taking its eyes off her for a second, a trail of the black stuff clearly showing where it has been.
Metakirb

Rhias simply turns and starts walking.
Who

I pounces again as she turns her back, attempting to dig its claws in to her.
Metakirb

She spins, parrying it's claws with one dagger, and cutting at it with another that appears.
Who

Rhias's other dagger clangs off a cog and seeing as how the creature has momentum on its side so Rhias still might get knocked to the floor.
Metakirb

Rhias stays perfectly where she is. The creatures momentum doesn't even seem to phase her.
Who

Of course....

The creature darts back in to the trees.
Metakirb

I'm sorry but the creature has been given no strength reference and is up against a goddess, As things stand it doesn't stand a chance against her.

She starts moving again.
Who

The trees become less and less frequent until eventually she reaches a large flat expanse, in the distance is something that's probably a building.
Metakirb

She heads towards it.
Who

The rumbling noise that's been following her all this time harmonises, becoming more of a voice.

"Where are you going? Little half form."
Metakirb

Now there's a voice I'd hoped never to hear again.
Who

"Is that any way to talk to your superior?"
Metakirb

You? Superior? I don't think you could have taken me when your bunch abandoned me. Now though? I don't think you stand any chance.
Who

The voice just starts laughing, apparently that's the funniest thing it has heard in a long while.
Metakirb

Laugh all you want. Show up though and I'll rip you apart.
Who

"Please, you think you could match me? You're not even a match for those you stand amongst."
Metakirb

Really? Then come here and we can find out, or you can leave me to look for my brother.
Who

"I mean really, what do you even represent?"
Metakirb

Rhias starts walking again.

Are you going to show yourself and do something or are we wasting time here?
Who

"Your brothers and sisters represent fundamental forces of creation. What are you? You are not fit to walk amongst gods."

She's nearly at whatever was in the distance if that's any kind of consolation.
Metakirb

Right now? I'm what I am, waiting for the last of the long line of thieves to die off. Do me a favour and go pester him actually.
Who

"I see it doesn't bother you that you do not belong."

The thing in the distance turns out to be a large building, billowing thick black smoke in to the air.
Metakirb

You get used to not belonging when you're betrayed as often as I have been.
Who

"And do you think there is not a reason you are so frequently betrayed?"
Metakirb

I belong amongst the guardians. Nothing you say is going to change how I feel, so quit wasting my time and your breath.

She keeps walking.
Who

Then she'll reach the edge of the building. The rumbling sighs.

"Your daughter was far more entertaining than this."
Metakirb

Well she was far weaker.
Who

"I'm impressed, even that didn't get a rise out of her. You must not have cared for her all that much."
Metakirb

I cared about her, but you lot killed her. I've moved on.
Who

There's no response as the rumbling resumes as normal.
Metakirb

She walks towards the building.
Who

There doesn't appear to be any sort of door, there are some high up windows dot around the place though.
Metakirb

She floats up to the nearest window.
Who

It's rather dark inside, hard to make out really though there does seem to be a definite source of light somewhere in there.
Metakirb

She heads towards it.
Who

As she does, something lashes out at her from the darkness. Hard to tell what it is but it's got an awful lot of oomf behind it.
Metakirb

She just manages to spin out of the way, her daggers appearing.
Who

"Do you really think you're going to get out of here alive?"

A few dim lights appear in the gloom, apparently coming from inside some kind of large vat.
Metakirb

Honestly? Yes.
Who

"Then the years have not wisened you."

With a clatter, large segmented tentacles burst out from the lights that appeared moments ago quickly converging on Rhias.
Metakirb

She cuts at any that get close to her with incredible speed.
Who

It doesn't seem to be making terribly much impact though as they jab at her with their deadly sharp points.
Metakirb

A Crystal forms round her, protecting her from the tentacles.
Who

They continue to attack seemingly headless of the crystal.
Metakirb

The crystal manages to hold, cracking slightly. Rhias starts walking again.
Who

Towards what exactly, it's still very dark and the tentacles continue their assault. Attempting to knock her down with their assault as well as do away with her crystalline protection.
Metakirb

Towards the definate source of light mentioned earlier.

The crystal keeps up for now but she does quicken her pace. No momentum seems to carry through the crystal to her, so they're not knocking her down.
Who

If she can make it through the tendril barrage she'll reach a large box, light seeping through the seems, movement can be heard within it.
Metakirb

That wouldn't be you in there would it Gold? Make my job easier.
Who

The movement on the inside of the box increases, though it doesn't seem to be getting any kind of leeway. Meanwhile the tentacles continue to strike out at Rhias.
Metakirb

The crystal is starting to break and fall away, Rhias tries to open the box.
Who

It creeks with effort, light flooded out through the cracks Rhias is making. The tendrils not stopping their effort just yet.
Metakirb

The crystal breaks, leaving Rhias undefended as she puts a huge effort into opening the box.
Who

As she finally pulls the box open, whatever was inside detonates with an almighty explosion, destroying almost everything around her.
Metakirb

Rhias waits.
Who

Not being harmed at all by the explosion?
Metakirb

I'm sure she's probably being blasted by it, she just doesn't show pain very much, the damage is still being done though.
Who

Well it doesn't matter all that much as the charred remains of a god lie scattered in front of her like confetti.
Metakirb

Ugh... Ow. You getting up Gold? Or we getting a newbie?
Who

No response, only quiet rumbling laughter.
Metakirb

Newbie it is. Though I haven't a clue who you're passing it to Gold. Shame, I only really saw you... what, once?
Who

She's talks to herself, want to be careful. First sign of madness that.
Metakirb

Well she knows the process, unless it's not gold she either expects a large flash of power to find a new host or the pieces to pull themselves together.
Who

With a bright flash a bolt of golden light shoots in to the air.
Metakirb

Great... Newbie.

Rhias follows it.
Who

It plummets back down, hitting a small flower on the ground.
Metakirb

She stares at it.
Who

It begins to glow, vines reaching up from the ground and wrapping around each other forming a creature roughly the size and shape of a human. When it talks it does so each time with a different voice, the chirp of a bird, the babbling of a brook or rolling thunder. Something different every time.

"Thank you."
Metakirb

Still the same gold as way back when I saw you last?
Who

It nods, its shape changing to that of a deer made of thorns and flowers.

"They have returned. Are the others aware?"
Metakirb

She nods

Why else would we come look for you, The most elusive of us all.
Who

"We should go."

The mass of plants seems to fold in on itself, evaporating in to nothing.
Metakirb

Rhias teleports after it.
Who

And now Eris is here! Well it's somewhere different but I'm reusing threads to be economical! So now it's an arctic tundra as far as the eye can see!
Obscurejones

Firiat attempts to appear beside her.
Who

No worries.

"Right, next on the shopping list is round here somewhere."
Obscurejones

Firiat conjures a sheathe for his sword and hangs it at this side.
Who

Eris floats in to the air, surveying the landscape, gesturing to one side.

"Right, well there's a cluster of penguins that way. That's about it."
Obscurejones

And we're looking for?
Who

"Another one of your lot. It's round here somewhere."
Obscurejones

Firiat thinks for a moment.
Tundra...  Yeah that might work.
Firiat leaps a few feet into the air and comes down with divine force, sending a shockwave rippling through the snow and earth.
Who

If I understand correctly how these things work  that's going to divide everything in to great huge chunks. A large walrus like creature beginning to rise from under the surface with a mighty roar.

"Yeah, I think we found him."
Obscurejones

Yay us.
Firiat starts walking towards the walrus, careful to walk without rhythm.
Who

I'm not sure precisely what walking without rhythm is going to achieve, the creature attempting to bring a mighty flipped to bare against Firiat.
Obscurejones

Firiat jumps, floating thirty feet above the walrus.

       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum