Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> Chit-Chat
Moozy

General Ranting

I'm a fan of ranting myself, so feel free to rant about whatever you want here.

Official Thread Rules:

1) You may not discuss rants on the board. If you wish to discuss, do so in private.

2) Rants directly or indirectly targeting forum members will be deleted.
Geomancer

Man I tell ya, kids these days don't no how good they got it.

When I was their age I had to walk to school barefoot. Uphill both- *Shotgun sounds* *Sirens*

Old man rock is dead now.
NecroPaladin

Rock in general is dead. You know what bugs me, though? That musicians these days can freely brag about shooting other musicians in feuds and the police couldn't care less.
J. Muller

NecroPaladin wrote:
Rock in general is dead.


I would refute that statement on these grounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNbzqoOPu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStIm0gNnUw
McBish

I want to kill peas, a lot. Do you know how many peas are spilled when canning them? And how hard it is to clean them up with a hose? I hate them so much now.
Uberblah

Leet-speakers. I leave it open to you all.
Nevrmore

Well, right now I'm tired, wet, smelling like pizza, and sunburned all over.

Day's kinda sucking.
Uberblah

Nevrmore wrote:
Well, right now I'm tired, wet, smelling like pizza, and sunburned all over.

Day's kinda sucking.


Sounds like a day at the local pool without sunblock.
Nevrmore

Uberblah wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:
Well, right now I'm tired, wet, smelling like pizza, and sunburned all over.

Day's kinda sucking.


Sounds like a day at the local pool without sunblock.

actually only the sunburnt part is from the pool. the rest is having to go work at a pizza place afterwards.
Uberblah

Ah... Does the pizza job pay well at least? And what about free/discounted pizza?
Alarra

Do pizza jobs ever pay well?
wxdruid

Not enough to support yourself..... (it was my ex's favorite job for some reason)
Shadow of the Sun

Generally, after working at a pizza place you never ever want to eat pizza again. Ever.
Baeleck

How is that possible? I don't think I could ever give up eating pizza...
Shadow of the Sun

I dunno, it just is. Too much exposure, too much of a good thing, I guess.

Not that I really can eat pizza- being a vegetarian with lactose intolerance sucks.
Nevrmore

Uberblah wrote:
Ah... Does the pizza job pay well at least? And what about free/discounted pizza?

5.75 an hour to support a 16 year old boy's needs, plus free pizza/cinnamon rolls/brownies/drinks/etc etc etc.

I'd like it better if I liked the pizza better, but food's food.
Nevrmore

Yay, more ranting.

So today at work I noticed that my sunburn was hurting so badly that I literally could not do anything without meeting with immense pain. After I left (I had to go back to work in 2 hours for another 5 hour shift) and bitched to my mom she took a look at it and said that it was a lot worse than she thought it was. It's been hurting so bad that all I could do all night was lay on my stomach in bed and try to sleep, but that didn't work because everytime I was asleep I'd turn over and wake up again. You know, on account of the pain.

I have to go to work tomorrow too Sad
wxdruid

Sounds like that sunburn is going to peel.....

I hope it gets better soon, I've been through that (being a redhead).

I think I would like a day off, just one.... but it won't happen until I go back to the US.
Timberwolf

I've been going through the London Underground and on the train in general since 8.30 Am today. Just got back. During this time, I lost my left contact lens. Annoying in itself but not fatal as, whenever I leave the house for any length of time over a day, I always take my spare pair. The bad news is my spare left lens just will not stay in. It's the exact same prescription too.

Grrrrrrrrr.

((I'm a late stage keratoconic (corneas forming into cones instead of the normal round shape). I'm going to need corneal grafts very soon the way this is going. Even more grrrrrrr))
Vael

Hey. Anyone wondering why I was not really on yesterday, and then not on at all today?
Well here is the reason:
So we finally decided to redo the networking around the house (so that I'd have internet access in my room. Yay!). So for almost all of yesterday we were working on getting the cables running nicely through the house.
Everything finally got worked out, and I was online for a while. Whee.

Then came this morning.
I woke up, got on my computer, and was informed I had limited/no connectivity.
Namely 'no.'
I was used to this kind of crap being fake, so I waited a bit, but it didn't go away.
So I tried to repair it.
Nothing.
I tried to disable and enable the network connection manually.
Also nothing.
Restarted the computer and tried both of those again.
Nope.
Checked over the cables in my room.
Not that either.
So I determined (and rightfully so) that it wasn't my problem.
So I go the living room computer to get on it and check it.
Okay, so our living room computer is (quite frankly) a piece of crap. It's loaded with programs, not quite deleted programs, programs that don't work, and tons of stuff that just slow the already old computer down.
So I take about half an hour to get it up and running, only to have it crash when I DO succeed on getting on the internet.
It's currently sitting around dead, because the crash was pretty much fatal. FINALLY the thing dies. I'm neither surprised, nor do I care.
I DO know that the network is working... except for my computer.
So, being the non-computer/network person I am, I try and get my father to figure out the problem.
He figured it was the cables or my computer. I already knew it wasn't the case. So I bugged him about what else could cause the problem until he just picked up the router to explain something. So he looked at the router, and, lo and behold, he had put the cable for my computer in the wrong part of it. =P
Grrr. So a dead computer and a lack of 5 hours on the internet because he had a minor mistake and wouldn't bother to pick up the router before assuming I had done something on my end.
Exachix

*sigh*

My freind's method of solving things can be just Kicking his computer... and it works.
works with the dashboard of our Defender (Land Rover). =).

Our Router is temperamental though. =S
Gnrlshrimp

I've just spent the weekend helping my dad run a cub camp...we had more than enough leaders around and everything to keep the kids supervised...and I still ended up blowing several fuses in my brain.

Shouting at kids doesn't work any more, young kids these days have some sort of immunity to being shouted at, I think it's called "Being defeaned with ipods on a daily basis."

Anyway, I've ended up losing my voice having spent so long shouting at the kids, and just generally having spent the last two days trying to control 38 young kids who can't keep still for two minutes...one of them ended up hitting another one with a massive lump of wood with nails in it...in the face!

YOUNG KIDS HAVE NO COMMON SENSE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?

I feel a little better now...
Timberwolf

My son, let me tell you something that I learnt this year

Screaming at kids, while relieving, does not work

I had far more success with speaking very softly, so only the little bastard miscreant could hear me with

"You are now going to get out of my lesson and go and see the headmaster. You are going to explain to him precisely why I've sent you to see him. Go now."

Had a kid in tears with that.

yeah, shouting only works if you can back it up. Which, since prosecution awaits you if you try, is a bad idea.
Nevrmore

I have much more success when I choke kids. At my work if some kid won't move out the way when I've got pizzas that need to be transported, all it takes is a good little wringing going "MOVE OUT THE FKIN WAY!!!!" and soon enough they are gone like that!
wxdruid

Here's my rant....

I hate walking 20 minutes to work in 100+ heat. The only thing cooling me off is the wind, which feels more like a blow dryer than a/c. By the time I get to work, I'm covered in sweat, my feet feel like they are swimming in my boots and my face has a thin film of dust and sweat all over. Dust has gathered in my eyes and I have to take the accumulation out of the corners of my eyes. I grab a cool water once I get inside. Sit down and try to cool off, by the time that happens, it's time to go outside again. I have to walk 10 minutes to get to the chow hall. Eat my food, and then walk back. I HATE the HEAT! Even when I get off work it's still 90+ outside and it's MIDNIGHT! I have to walk to the far chow hall to eat and then another 10-15 min of trudging down the long row to my trailer.

I HATE the HEAT!

Illinois----their high temperature doesn't even get up to our minimum temperature.

and ONE more thing to add to the above, I have to carry a 8lb rifle everywhere and it's black (it heats up in the sun).

And I think the dust is in my lungs. I have this permanent blob in the back of my throat, I can't cough it up, it stays there.
Moozy

Here's a rant for my own thread (well not really a rant, I don't want to spend hours typing this):

I really don't understand what's so attractive about having a high post count. I enjoy posting on the forums, especially when I get to talk to and RP with many very cool people (and this forum is quickly becoming better than GitP, other than the OotS comic itself), but I really don't understand why everyone is always competing for post count. I'm not going to mention anyone in particular, but I know some whose, sadly, main reason for posting here is to have a high post count.
Wukei

Finally, a place to rant properly...

For those of you that don't know, the reason Wu has a cane is because I need one to get around. I dress in boys clothes and cut my hair strangely, and I figure that's my way of trying to get people to stop staring at the cane.

I'm sorry, but when did it become WRONG to be physically handicapped? Whenever I use one of those motorized shopping carts, people glare at me, as though they want to yell "get out of there! That's for old people and fat people!" Even when I use the normal wheelchair they glare at me.

I have people glare at me when I walk. Just because I'm using a cane. I'm out of your stupid chair! Leave me alone! I had a woman stare at me the whole time we were waiting to get to our seats for Weird Al.

I don't mind a glance of pity. I've gotten used to that. But how can someone get MAD at me for being injured? I'm not searching for pity, I'm not searching for a closer spot to park or a closer spot in line for food...I just want to live my life without having hateful stares from every stranger I meet.
Geomancer

Do people honestly do that? Thats horrible!
Wukei

What would you think if you saw someone 5'10, 108 lb, and 24 years old wandering around with a cane? People think that someone my age and weight shouldn't need help to walk. They don't consider the possibilities.

When I went to the fair we took the wheelchair. A woman thought I was retarded. I said 'I want the Gizmo instead of the panther,' and she said 'all right, sweetie, but you have to give the kitty back.' I wanted to inform her that I probably had a higher IQ and vocabulary than she.
J. Muller

Seconded. I will admit that I sometimes either stare a bit or rudely ignore* disabled people (I'm working on that...), but anger is the farthest thing from my mind when I see a handicapped person.

*in the sense that I'll kind of not look at them. I feel guilty about it (and am trying to stop--though sometimes I'll subconsciously do it) because it's as if I'm saying "I don't want to look at you."
Orange Zergling

Wow, Wu, that's harsh. More evidence to reinforce my theory that the average person has an IQ lower than their shoe size. Present company exempt, of course.

Which sort of leads to my next two rants. One, I may be a twelve year old, but that doesn't mean I'm a 'little kid'. Don't treat me like one. Don't use vocabulary more suited for children learning to read. Don't assume all children are loud, rude, dirty attention whores. Some are, some aren't. I'm tired of getting the short end of the stick handed to me by everyone aside from friends and family. I'm tired of people acting like I have no intelligence whatsoever. Granted, for the most part people don't think children are as well learned as adults, and the vast majority of them aren't, but good God, dont place them in the same bucket as 6 year olds. kthx.

Secondly... I'm a guy with long hair. Thus, pretty much everyone I meet thinks I'm a girl. Even when they're looking at my name (Timothy), they assume I'm a girl. Umm, wtf? Seriously, stereotypes are lame. It's starting to get old. Public restrooms are awkward, every 3rd person saying; "Um, miss, this is the men's restroom." and I want to tell them as rudely as possible to look at my f'ing face, not my hair. I know it's the nicest way they can phrase it, but goddamnit, it's still annoying. Not every guy has a buzzcut, people.

Bottom line of both rants: Stereotypes are not truths. Get the thought out of your heads please.
Wukei

Tell 'em to check out the wang ^.~ makes it extra obvious. 12 year olds don't have a very obviouis sex to their face, yet.

But I understand. I had an 8th grade reading level when I was 5.
J. Muller

@O_Z: Piss on their shoes.*

I must admit that I didn't have the problem of people talking to me like I was a little kid... arrogant as this may sound, I think my problem has been that people think I'm smarter than I really am.


*I don't actually recommend this. It might make them really mad.
wxdruid

I want to GO HOME! NOW!
Orange Zergling

@Wukei: /facepalm
Actually a couple people have recommended that... sad part is one of them was serious. XD

@J_M: If only doing so might not get me landed in some juvenile detention centre... or rehab.
Geomancer

Wukei wrote:

But I understand. I had an 8th grade reading level when I was 5.


Holy bejezus!

I actually was a late reader... then I caught up. In fifth grade I was reading at a college level.

My problem is that I'm 16 and people often think I am far younger then I am. I blame my height (5'3").
Wukei

People thought me older. Maybe it's because I've preferred talking with my teachers instead of the other students. They were a bit scared of my abilities when I was younger, obviously.

I remember reading The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings when I was 5. Now we have all these girls screaming "I love Legolas" and I want to say "no, you love Orlando Bloom! I've loved Legolas since I was 5! And Orlando Bloom didn't do him justice!" Don't get me wrong, I like Orlando Bloom, and he did okay. I just think the book is better.
Geomancer

I think I might be slightly jealous of your abilities.... My parents read me the Hobbit/LOTR in second grade. I couldn't read them by myself till fourth grade. Just out of curiosity, when did you read the Simmarilion?
Wukei

I still haven't read it, actually. I borrowed it from my grandfather shortly before he died. After we found out he had cancer, I never got around to starting it. It's around here, somewhere.
Geomancer

I read it because of my fascination with mythology. I highly recommend it.
Timberwolf

It's nothing to write home about I thought. I didn't like it.

Note to everyone. DO NOT TAKE UP SMOKING !!

I quit a while back, but dammit, I want a ciggie. I've got none and the shops are shut but I still really want one.

ARRRGGGGHHHH

(I could read by the time I was 2. Obviously not brilliantly but I could still do it. I was stealing my Dad's books when I was 6 and actually understanding them when I was 8.. Primary School teacher for a mother Smile )
Orange Zergling

I could read basic stuff at 4, I think I was a fluent reader at around 5 or 6... actually, StarCraft was one of the things that helped me learn rather than reading books. For those who dont know, before each scenario, the CPU briefs you on the mission, and it has up to 4 portraits talking out loud, plus scrolling text. That really helped, plus my parents read to me pretty much every night till I was like 8.
Moozy

Orange_Zergling wrote:
Which sort of leads to my next two rants. One, I may be a twelve year old, but that doesn't mean I'm a 'little kid'. Don't treat me like one. Don't use vocabulary more suited for children learning to read. Don't assume all children are loud, rude, dirty attention whores. Some are, some aren't. I'm tired of getting the short end of the stick handed to me by everyone aside from friends and family. I'm tired of people acting like I have no intelligence whatsoever. Granted, for the most part people don't think children are as well learned as adults, and the vast majority of them aren't, but good God, dont place them in the same bucket as 6 year olds. kthx.

I have sort of the same problem. I'm only 13, and there are about 2 people that I've EVER met that were my age that I completely trusted. I mean, even for my close friends, our school's idea of saying "hi" to a friend is punching, kicking, or pencil-stabbing them as you walk by them. And I was (slowly) reading Harry Potter books in 1st grade, when my friends were still sounding out letters half the time, and even today I can slack off for half the school year and get straight A's.

Which, of course, leads me to making friends with people over the internet who actually use their brain. AKA, you guys. Cool
wxdruid

Yeah, I agree with you Moozy / Blood. On the forums I don't judge by age, I judge by quality of writing. It's led me to make friends with a wide variety of people. =)
Moozy

Good, because it seems like the Enupnion forum is just an improved version of the Town. I don't think I've met a single person who had mediocre (or bad) writing ability yet.
Geomancer

Don't judge by quality of writing... Or... Do because its the only thing you have to go on.

For me I just get frustrated when I am typing or writing things up. Being an audio learner means that most of my ideas translate poorly to written word. Whenever I write/type I always get frustrated because my hands can't keep up with my ideas. Which causes me to skip over the little details that make the ideas interesting in the first place.
Darkblade

Moozy wrote:
Good, because it seems like the Enupnion forum is just an improved version of the Town. I don't think I've met a single person who had mediocre (or bad) writing ability yet.


That cheers me up. I've always considered my self to have mediocre writing at the best.
wxdruid

I tend to have short posts myself... by good writing I mean, it makes sense, I understand what you're trying to do and you're not irritating me to death.
Darkblade

Ah I see. Good writing as in literate.
Orange Zergling

Ah, okay. I thought you meant writing as your proficency as an author... well, not 'author', but you know what I mean.
wxdruid

Yes, literate but also more than that. It's hard to describe.
Geomancer

I think I know what you are talking about... It's just... a feeling. "This person is smart" you say to yourself.
Shadow of the Sun

I am a mere fifteen...but I am often told that I seem older.

Mainly because I can be rather sombre.

I am often random, however.
Moozy

Shadow of the Sun wrote:
I am often random, however.

I am only random when randomness strikes me. Particularly, while my clock is malfunctioning, and especially on Tuesdays.

Oh, wouldja look at that, it's Tuesday and my clock isn't working...
NecroPaladin

wxdruid wrote:
I tend to have short posts myself... by good writing I mean, it makes sense, I understand what you're trying to do and you're not irritating me to death.


From this earlier thing, I'd respond with that I love writing. So I tend to be overly intricate, but people can generally get the gist.

I think.

And I am random when it's funny to be random, which is a rare opportunity.
Orange Zergling

I've actually had a couple people mistake me for a 16 year old on various online instances... mostly WoW and BNet.
Deadly

I was a late talker, but quick reader. I also have an absolutely horrible long-term memory but a very good short-term memory. So, I can barely remember a thing from my childhood, even if I try really hard. I do know that I read pretty well at around the age of 5. I must have read the LotR books and the Hobbit at around 6 or 7, the funny thing is that I forgot completely about it until I saw the first movie and suddenly remembered the ending, that was so odd. It was a similar experience reading The Hobbit, I didn't think I'd read it before, but half-way through I began to remember various scenes. That's how my memory works.

I think people tend to think I'm smarter than I am, too. Or maybe I don't have very high thoughts about myself. Or perhaps it's a mix. I think I do ok with the writing, but nowhere near as well as I'd like, or as well as many others. I tend to judge people on the internet a lot on their writing, I really admire people who write (or speak) well. My dream is to be a writer, probably always has been, but I don't think I'll make it far *shrugs sadly*

Too few people write well. It's really depressing to see how people around me write.
Nevrmore

Here is a list of things Nevrmore hates, by the way:

1. People who tell me they know everything about Queen because they remembered a line from Bohemian Rhapsody. I guarantee that if you ask for the band members' names, the only one they'll know is Freddie Mercury, if that.

2. People who choose vegetarianism to save the animals, thinking that just because they have just barely enough common sense to realize that to get meat you have to kill an animal they know the ins and outs of ecology and think they are preserving something.

3. Actually, People who choose vegetarianism period. (There are exceptions, though. There arrrre exceptions)

4. People who stereotype two things together, such as thinking all Germans are Nazis.

5. Obnoxious people who think having a nice body makes them any less obnoxious.

6. The general atmosphere of fastfood restaurants.

7. Anti-smokers. I understand if you choose not to smoke, but one time, during a "Drug Free" week at my school, a speaker went on a rant about smoking and ended it with "In short, people who smoke are losers." Both of my parents smoke.

8. People who feel the need to tell me everything that is happening during a movie so I'll "understand it" even though usually I'm smarter than them.

9. People who continuously nudge me and ask me if I saw that last part of a movie. No, ass, I paid 10 bucks to stare at the ceiling for 2 hours.

10. Romanticists who think that the movie theater is the ideal place for making out. Do it at your house and save yourself 10 bucks.

12. People who wear headphones while listening to CDs, yet sing the lyrics. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

13. People who complain that I'm a picky eater. It's my damn food, okay? The moment it was set on my plate, it became my property. If I want to use the mashed potatoes to make a 1:600 scale of the Eiffel Tower, I'll damn well do it. Stop complaining.

14. People who buy a video game only to beat it in 2 days. (ADDENDUM: I did this with God of War 2, but I managed to prolong it by beating it three more times and unlocking all the bonus fetures. So...yeah.)

15. Extreme feminists.

16. Misplaced arrogance. You know, if you're a really, really good baseball player or something, go ahead and gloat about it. But if you actually suck at it but think you're good, I want to hit you. In the face.

17. When you tell a joke or a story or something, and someone who heard you says it to someone else, but horribly mangles it, then says you said it, so it makes you look like you made a stupid joke.

18. Plagiarism.

19. People telling me to do something I am in the process of doing.

20. People.

----------------------

But just to show you all that I'm not a ball of hate, here's a list of things Nevrmore luvs:

1. The musical stylings of Pink Floyd.
--And just because a good portion of my top ten Floyd songs happen to talk about a nazi character spewing race hate means nothing.

2. A nice glass of milk.
--Delicious

3. A good book.
--Screw off, Dan Brown.

4. The God of War series
--The fact that I can kill a dude in this game by repeatedly smashing a door into his head is probably the only thing keeping me from doing it in real life.

5. Classic rock in general.
--Father? Yes, son? I want to kill you. Mother? I want to...

6. Stanley Kubrick films
--What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?
Shadow of the Sun

Nevr, I choose vegetarianism because I don't like the taste of meat.

Does that count as an exception, or does it simply show I'm nutty?

Also, I know next to nothing about Queen, but I like Brian May due to his sexy guitar.
Nevrmore

Shadow of the Sun wrote:
Nevr, I choose vegetarianism because I don't like the taste of meat.

Does that count as an exception, or does it simply show I'm nutty?

See, that's an acceptable reason. So no, I don't hate you for being a vegetarian. I hate you for all those other things.

Just joking. Or am I?
Shadow of the Sun

Nevr, I expected nothing less.

One of my pet peeves is: Discrimination.

I believe my major mantra in life fits here: Don't hate a person due the colour of their skin, what they believe, whom they choose to have sex with, where they live, their circumstances and so forth; hate them due to their personality.

I can personally live with discrimination, but damn does it annoy me when it happens to other people.

Generally, anyone who discriminates against me isn't worth my time of day, so I just don't associate with them.
Deadly

I chose veganism because it felt so very right for me. *shrugs* Not really much of a reason, but it works for me, and it's a nice, simple and effective answer to all who ask me about my choice.

I respect everyone regardless of their choices, as long as they do the same.

I like simplifying things.
Geomancer

I'm a vegetarianivore. I only eat vegetarians.

*Eyes Deadly and SotS hungrily*
Deadly

What is it about people wanting to eat Deadly?

*backs away from Geomancer*
Kantur

I think it's something to do with swapping portfolio's with muffin, and becoming the god of muffins...
Wukei

Nevrmore wrote:
Here is a list of things Nevrmore hates, by the way:

2. People who choose vegetarianism to save the animals, thinking that just because they have just barely enough common sense to realize that to get meat you have to kill an animal they know the ins and outs of ecology and think they are preserving something.

3. Actually, People who choose vegetarianism period. (There are exceptions, though. There arrrre exceptions)

4. People who stereotype two things together, such as thinking all Germans are Nazis.

15. Extreme feminists.

16. Misplaced arrogance. You know, if you're a really, really good baseball player or something, go ahead and gloat about it. But if you actually suck at it but think you're good, I want to hit you. In the face.


2/3. I became a vegetarian because I would gag whenever eating meat. There was no true reason to me gagging, it just made me sick. I used to love meat (except pork, haven't eaten pork since Jr High) However, I'm getting better! I'm able to eat the whatachicken sandwich, since their chicken is thinner than most who make those kind of sandwiches. And occassionally I'll eat some beef, but it has to be a very little amount.

But meat is supposed to be more of a condament than an actual foodgroup, anyway. Why do you think people who only eat meat get so many coronaries? You have to learn to balance your food, so I guess I've the opposite of your opinion. If someone is a "carnivore," it's no better than being a PETAist. (I call any vegetarian who eats plants because animals have feelings a PETAist.)

However, PETAists do piss me off. What are they going to do when they learn that scientists have proved that plants have feelings? They even each like a certain kind of music, or want you to speak to them rather than listen to music.

4. (Please, no one take offense at this, as the only time we do this is when we're at my place, where everyone knows we're joking around.)

I have a Jewish friend. I'm a large portion of German. In fact, my great uncle was a hero for the war...until he refused to send a torpedo into a civilian ship and was sentenced to death by Hitler...

Well, anyway: whenever we started an 'arguement' he'd call me Nazi and I'd call him Keik. Like I said, it was just for fun. Of course, he'd call the rest of the crew Gois (I don't think that's how you spell it...sorry, I'm bad at translating from word of mouth to computer.)

15. Amen. My dad held open the door for a woman once and she slapped him and started reprimanding him for being a schauvenist. Well, my dad's the type of person to hold open the door for anyone.

16. Yes, amen again. I like to think that I'm good at art. I happen to KNOW that this other guy isn't. Yet he spent a whole hour telling me what was wrong with a picture I was particularly proud of. I'd told him to stop after the first 30 seconds...
Damon

I feel some anger should be released. So here it comes.

1. I hate how people who instantly think that because I'm an actor I'm instantly gay. Now if you actually know me, I'm one of the most homosexual heterosexuals ever. (Figure that one out) I mean seriously! I often counter with a statement like:
"I hate you."

2. People who dislike gay people. Infact people who use anything related to gay people as a insult. "Gay, Fag...etc" I have had a friend sence kindergarden and he came out last year. You use gay as an insult, be prepared to have a 6'3'' 230 pound angry Irishman/Walesman on your ass.

3. People who instantly think rap music is bad. I understand that a fair amount of it is bad, but if you REFUSE to listen to a single song suggested, your a close minded fool. I like all music. I will listen to anything at least once. If its not my cup of tea. Then so be it. But listen to is. Anyone who dislikes rap. Humor me and Youtube:
Jurassic 5, Concrete Schoolyard
If you don't like it, at least you listened.

4. Idiotic children. I consider everyone I meet on the same plane. But I have a major problem with the 6th grader kid, mouthing off to me and thinking they are so cool and tough. Just because I am the kind if kid I am, I'll shrug it off and won't even open my mouth at them. But they are wearing on my nerves.

Alright, done for now.
Moozy

Below is my (unfortunately bad) view on the world.

80% of the world's population are either not properly educated (and thus make honest mistakes), or are properly educated but don't use their brain before they act (and thus make stupid mistakes). 15% of the world's population are "normal" people (such as most of the people on this forum, yes it's a good thing). The rest of the 5% make up various things such as mental problems, but the largest minority is certified genius, at 1.5% of the world's population. They are so smart that they make technology to blow each other up.

That's my theory, anyway. And no, it's definitely not good.

But what do I know? I'm just a kid. Razz
Wukei

To Damon:

It's called Metrosexual when you're hetero but act gay. Yes, it actually has it's own term now.

My mom has a reason to hate gay people, so I don't blame her too much when she's uneasy around them. At least she doesn't insult them to their face. But she was hit on by a coworker and when she said "I'm straight" the woman basically acted like Jack from Will & Grace, saying that 'straight' is the wrong sexual preference, and told her 'you just haven't met the right woman, yet.' Of course, they were both working in a group that had practically no women in it at the time, so one would think that if you were a woman working there, you HAD to be a lesbian. Stupid stereotypes.

I dislike rap music. Most of it. I like 'All About the Pentiums" and "White and Nerdy." So yes, if done without sex/drugs/violence it can be good. (Yes, he did play both at the concert. Of course, this is his White and Nerdy tour.)

to Moozy:

Actually, you're in the worst educated country in the world. Most other countries require that you actually know a second language, and they teach it yearly since Jr High, at least. Some require that you know two second languages. They have a harder test, and you can't just "go to summer school" to get to the next grade level, you have to work for it. So most other countries are not poorly educated.

As they say in Men in Black "a person is smart, people are dumb..." We have a very herdlike instinct. There's the alpha male/female who can get the rest to do anything they want. Crazy one-mindedness. However, only about 10% of the world's population is what you call "black sheep." Even if you're in the herd at the time, you're not going to do what everyone else around you is doing.
J. Muller

Yeah, people who dislike gays piss me off. They fall into my "I hate you and would willingly kill/permanently injure you if I got the chance" category, which comprises the following groups:

1. Murderers
2. Racists
3. Rapists

In fact, while I've known a lot of straight jerks, all the gay people I know are pretty nice.

Which makes me feel all the more guilty about the fact that I used to be a bit of a homophobe Confused.
atreyu_the_masked_llama

J. Muller wrote:


Which makes me feel all the more guilty about the fact that I used to be a bit of a homophobe Confused.


I imagine that many of us were homophobic in our younger days. It was a part of how I was raised, at least.
The Chilli God

Wukei wrote:
16. Yes, amen again. I like to think that I'm good at art. I happen to KNOW that this other guy isn't. Yet he spent a whole hour telling me what was wrong with a picture I was particularly proud of. I'd told him to stop after the first 30 seconds...
I did that once. I criticized a 3d rendering that a friend had made, pointing out every little flaw.
My intention was most certainly not to prove to my friend that I know more about 3d rendering. In fact, I don't know the third thing about how to do that kind of thing. My intention was to assist my friend in improving the piece of work for future presentation (Hey, the rendering was of me. I want to look my best!).
It's what I do. I'm a critic. Critics are not often the best in their field, they may not know how to make pieces of art themselves, but it's a redeeming quality that they at least know what a piece of art looks like, in my opinion.
Being able to criticize other people's work isn't necessarily a sign of misplaced arrogance.

In other rants: If you've kept track of my other posts, you'd know that I can screech. Like a teenage Nasgul.
This seems to lend itself to occasional bouts of "Hey, do your screech!" "Screech for us!" and so on. It's almost exactly like that one episode of the Simpsons where Bart became the "I didn't do it" kid.
It's starting to turn me into almost some sort of freak show. And I'm just waiting for it to all blow over so that I can get back to walking around grounds normally without being beckoned or hassled, for about a year or so until I accidentally let it off again in a different crowd and the whole scenario starts all over again.
"I promise I won't ask again..." No, you will. You always will. So no!
Wukei

Well, my point is, he thought he was better than me.

http://www.geocities.com/blademan...lobal.net/images/NatureEColor.jpg
That'n's just an example...

I have never EVER tried to critique his drawings. He can color like a genius,

IE
http://life-for-death.insomniac-asylum.com/holiday0001.html

but he had no right to sit there and tell me he could draw better, and I had an hours worth of stuff that he could criticize!
The_Librarian

The Chilli God wrote:
In other rants: If you've kept track of my other posts, you'd know that I can screech. Like a teenage Nasgul.
This seems to lend itself to occasional bouts of "Hey, do your screech!" "Screech for us!" and so on. It's almost exactly like that one episode of the Simpsons where Bart became the "I didn't do it" kid.
It's starting to turn me into almost some sort of freak show.


I went though that, but in my case, it was "Say fourteen! Say fourteen!" I have an odd accent, and on 'r' sounds is where it becomes most prominent. It's commonly assumed I'm either American or Irish (I don't mind that though - either accent would be fun to have). But at school it was hell. The weird thing is I never used to speak like that. I used to have the Mary Poppins type accent which probably suits my character in the Town. Thing is, try having that accent when you're 5 in a school where everyone else has West Country Hagrid accents.

I hated being judged on my accent, so I did my best to bury it. What I sound like now is bizarre, but at least no one knows what to make of me because of it.

Also, I hate Austin Powers. I'm sorry, I know lots of people love it, but I can't stand it.
Damon

Wukei wrote:

It's called Metrosexual when you're hetero but act gay. Yes, it actually has it's own term now.

Thats the word.
Timberwolf

The_Librarian wrote:


Also, I hate Austin Powers. I'm sorry, I know lots of people love it, but I can't stand it.


I love you, will you marry me ?

Ahem.

WILL THIS CONTACT LENS NOT STOP FALLING OUT ??? GRRRRRRRRRR

I want to shoot the person who did such a lousy job of fitting / making it. It's my spare so I can't put another in and I've another week befor erefitting and another week after that before I receive my new ones. I've got to go 2 weeks without losing this thing and having to improvise. This don't look good.
Nevrmore

The_Librarian wrote:
The Chilli God wrote:
In other rants: If you've kept track of my other posts, you'd know that I can screech. Like a teenage Nasgul.
This seems to lend itself to occasional bouts of "Hey, do your screech!" "Screech for us!" and so on. It's almost exactly like that one episode of the Simpsons where Bart became the "I didn't do it" kid.
It's starting to turn me into almost some sort of freak show.


I went though that, but in my case, it was "Say fourteen! Say fourteen!" I have an odd accent, and on 'r' sounds is where it becomes most prominent. It's commonly assumed I'm either American or Irish (I don't mind that though - either accent would be fun to have). But at school it was hell. The weird thing is I never used to speak like that. I used to have the Mary Poppins type accent which probably suits my character in the Town. Thing is, try having that accent when you're 5 in a school where everyone else has West Country Hagrid accents.

That reminds me; I hate speech impediments. Not that I hate people with speech impediments. Let me explain:

I have a problem saying hard "r" sounds. Not enough to be debilitating, but if you're listening for it, it's noticeable, because I have a tendency to pronounce them like "w"s. Do you know what the name for such a speech impediment is? rhotacism.

And people who slurr their Ss get to proudly tell the world that they have a lissssp.

It's like the people who made up the names for speech impediments decided that they want people to know for a fact that the victim isn't joking when they tell them they have it.
Wukei

I make a "y" sound for r's...but not if it's at the first letter of the word. My favourite show when I was a kid? "Ronin Woyas" I have to try really hard to pronounce it correctly, and I still mess up.
wxdruid

UGH, I hate feeling soaked in sweat

I had 4 hours of sleep, I'm feeling tired and depressed, I want to go home to cooler weather.

and it suddenly occurred to me, to wonder why the suicide rate isn't higher out here. They do require everyone to have a weapon and ammo.
Deadly

Need to rant madly for a while, I think... maybe that'll help.

Final exam tomorrow, in physics. I like physics, I think it's great, but our friendly teacher should never have been allowed to teach. He might do better in a small, closed lab, isolated from the rest of the world to produce great things that no sane mind could. I have learned... *thinks* .... Nothing! This year. Ok, so perhaps I have been pretty lazy, but that's the case for all my classes this year, and yet I've still managed to get top grades in everything so far, so it can't be the only reason if I fail tomorrow (and the chances of that seem great). Not that I like to just blame the teacher, that'd be a bit too easy, not to mention evil as he's a nice enough person... and if I had been a little less lazy I guess I'd have read on it for the past 2 weeks instead of doing nothing. Maybe I should have done that, at the very least.

Anyway... this is what I'm going to talk about tomorrow for half an hour : "Sound and Music". That's it. It's on a painfully low level, yet I have no idea where to start or end. I'm just so lost that I'm considering bringing my guitar and just trying to play my way out of it... if only I could play the guitar, as opposed to being completely and utterly without any kind of musical talent (Sadly. I wish I could play, but that's another rant).

Ah well... atleast it technically won't matter if I fail completely tomorrow. Only my ego will be hurt, and I get to prove my worth next year anyway.

Should I just lean back and accept failure? That's the question.
wxdruid

I failed a class in college because I didn't understand the teacher, I didn't understand the material and he couldn't teach....

I took it the following semester and I continually asked him questions, worked harder (it was meteorology after all) and made a B (I think, it was a long time ago).
Wukei

*grumble* I didn't have the computer yesterday, and I really needed people...

My pain doctor called yesterday. He's releasing me from his care. He said that he doesn't give pain medication to someone with chronic pain. He just gives it to people that he can help in some way by surgery, etc.

Bull...my mom has chronic pain and has had it 5 years. He's caring for her. Know the difference? My mom is 25 years older than me.

I'm getting the same crap I've been getting from these guys since I was 16: no, you're too young to have pain. Nevermind the fact that once they got in there (they waited until I was 22 to finally listen to me and do surgery) it was the worst disc the surgeon had ever seen!

I'm too young. I'm so tired of that. I could handle the fact that I was too young to drink. I figured 'hey, it's only 21 years from when you're born until you get to drink.' But with pain like this, it seems a bit insane to have to wait the same 20 years. I'm patient. But pain is not something I'm patient about. I opted to have the usual surgery instead of the new surgery, because I didn't want to have to wait 5 years until my surgeon was used to putting in false discs and would do it for me.

I absolutely hate those doctors. If anyone tries to figure out why I'm picky about doctors? It's because Dr Schaffer is the only doctor that's believed me in all my time with doctors.
(Dr Schaffer is my PCP)
Deadly

wxdruid wrote:
I failed a class in college because I didn't understand the teacher, I didn't understand the material and he couldn't teach....

I took it the following semester and I continually asked him questions, worked harder (it was meteorology after all) and made a B (I think, it was a long time ago).


I'm going to try harder next year. I've really been far too lazy this year, and I hate that. It's not fun having a conscience, especially when that conscience tells you that you don't deserve the grades you're getting, that you should be getting lower grades.

Anyway, I think I have it nailed down now. Atleast it's not going to get any better at this point.
Castaras

*Goes to find all the pictures she has.* Very Happy

Ahh...I feel much better now...
Nevrmore

Zach Braff is starting to annoy me. He's suddenly appearing everywhere just because Scrubs found popularity on Comedy Central. I mean, I like Scrubs, don't get me wrong...But now he's the Wendy's spokesman? What the hell?
Wukei

Chris Benoit.

He committed murder/suicide. But not only did he murder his wife/son, he tortured them. Or, at least the wife. And yet he got a three hour TRIBUTE!

No person, not a famous person, not a normal person, no one should get a tribute for torturing and murdering people. I saw a note from his driver that said "we'll see you up in heaven" and I was like "how can they possibly believe that he's going there?"

Now, McMahon had "died" the week before. And he had to come in this Monday and say "hey, no, this wasn't an act. Benoit really died." And I can understand them changing the storyline. But that should have been the end of his talk about Benoit.

(btw, I don't watch wrestling, personally, but I gathered all of these facts before coming in to complain.)

Actually, I just found out WWE took back their tribute when they found out he killed his family...but still, they shouldn't have done it before they knew what happened.

(I don't know how this ended up in the cars thread...)
NecroPaladin

I just heard about that on the radio. My first and only response was "Jesus Christ" and then I tried to put it out of my mind. What is WRONG with the media?
Wukei

Whatever sells. The question is: what is wrong with the world that stuff like that sells?
Nevrmore

My friend who just started working at a restaurant with me made 26 dollars in tips today.


ARRRRRGHEJGDHFUDZI
J. Muller

Is your friend female?


And, yeah, the Benoit thing is pretty sick. Nightwing was saying some similar things (scary, I know) to what you said, Wukei, in a thread on GitP.
Wukei

So he has some insight. I'm proud of him.

And I'm proud of WWE taking down all of their tribute stuff as soon as they realized what Benoit did.
wxdruid

I Hate the Heat..... I Hate it when it's above 95F and it's above that Day and Night here.... On the upside, it's almost July!
Deadly

Ok... so I got a C. I'm honestly not satisfied with that. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with anything less than B in anything. But I guess I can atleast accept it, when I consider just how lazy I've been all year. C is acceptable, in a few special cases like this... just barely.
atreyu_the_masked_llama

Wukei,

I don't know when the WWE was told that Benoit's death was a murder/suicide. The timeline that the wrestling community learned about it is approximately this:

Monday
6PM: WWE.com places a notice on their website that simply says "Chris Beniot and his family were found dead in their homes."

8 PM: The WWE tribute show airs.
11:10 PM: The WWE tribute show ends.
11:45 PM: The first rumors that his murder is being investigated as a murder/suicide hit the internet.

Sometime Tuesday morning: The rumors are reported as true.

I don't know when the police informed WWE about the details of his death, but in fairness to WWE, they may not have known until after the tribute show was over.

(P.S. I do apologize if this post sounds angry. It is intended to be informative, but as a man who really respected Chris Benoit, this whole situation has left me sad, mad, and confused.)
Wukei

Sorry, but I really think WWE should have waited to find out more about him, rather than do a tribute right away. I know a lot of people respected him, but I feel that respect should have been lost as soon as they found out what he did. You can be sad at his death. You can be confused. But to still respect him after he let his son live for a full day, seeing his mom dead (who he tortured, from the reports?) That's just sick...
atreyu_the_masked_llama

On that, we can agree.
Nevrmore

J. Muller wrote:
Is your friend female?

No Crying or Very sad
J. Muller

Nevrmore wrote:
J. Muller wrote:
Is your friend female?

No Crying or Very sad


Okay. Is it a gay bar?
Moozy

wxdruid wrote:
I Hate the Heat..... I Hate it when it's above 95F and it's above that Day and Night here.... On the upside, it's almost July!

I could e-mail you a picture of an ice cube, would that help? Cool

Deadly: don't beat yourself up about it. Everyone has times and classes where they're lazy and don't do as well as they wanted; just try not to brood about it and do better next time. Smile
Nevrmore

J. Muller wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:
J. Muller wrote:
Is your friend female?

No Crying or Very sad


Okay. Is it a gay bar?

It's a family buffet...

       Enupnion Forum Index -> Chit-Chat Page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum