Archive for Enupnion Keep on Dreaming
 


       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
Exachix

Dark Tide

Almraiven. The Shipbuilding port in southern Faerūn, actually Calimsham, it lays, sprawled by the coast, the largest wizarding center in Calimsham.

Many people meet here, and dotted around city, it is these that lure adventurers to help the city, luring them to join parties and obtain golden treasured.

One such poster forces it's alluring aura upon you, A poster asking for adventurers who need gold for simple work to join, requesting them to meet in a small grove on the outskirts of the sprawling mess known as Almraiven. From the poster it seems the 'job' should be quite easy, a mere guarding task.

It is here where you arrive, in the evening of the day, the sun's golden streaks alighting the sky with fire as it sets. There are many others like you here, many races, as adventurers come.

There is a platform there, and a small desk where such people who are going to help will sign up, some are asking for more information, and being told it will come.

((just say you come, and your initial actions here))
Vael

Verinth steps up to the poster and looks it over.
She's a rather striking woman. Not in terms of beauty, perhaps- though she is not bad looking. One gets the feeling that she's sacrificed beauty and pampering for skill at her job though. Her red hair is cut short and is fairly wild, and her skin is more callus and scarred than smooth. A thin scar stretches across her right cheek, and her face is angular and almost appears carved from stone. Her skin is a light tan, giving her an eastern desert dweller appearance which is wholly accurate.
A falchion with a glinting ruby on the hilt is slung across her back, and she wears leather armor.
After considering the poster, she heads over to the desk, possibly pushing aside anyone who might be in her way.
Castaras

One of the shadows shift within the crowd. A young drow woman, she would look like to the surface dwellers. A young human woman to the drow. Long white hair, thin and sleek, yet untamed. Thin brown leather armour, hidden under a grey cloak. She watches the crowd, moving towards the poster. Work eh? Would do her good to find something to do round this place. Needed a better way to get money than pickpocketing...

Altheria moves over to the desk, slipping over to the queue, watching Verinth.
Deadly

A young man walks by and stops as he notes the poster. Slightly taller than most and dressed rather extravagantly, he stands out a bit even though he could probably pass as a local. His skin is a dusty dark hue and aside from a few strands of dark gray his hair is nearly black. His deep brown eyes and neat posture gives him an aura of calm thoughtfulness. It seems likely that he, like so many others around here, might possess some experience in the arcane.

With a thoughtful hmm he turns to read the poster, rubbing his chin slightly as he considers the offer. After a moment he turns and walks up to the desk, where he stands patiently, watching people discreetly.
Exachix

A man at the desk looks up at Verinth, and motions to the crowd.

"We will explain shortly."
Vael

Verinth scowls.
We're here. We're interested. You don't need to wait to explain.
Castaras

Altheria hmms, glancing around the crowd, suppressing the urge to try steal some stuff from people in the crowd. She needed the job, dammit.
Exachix

"And all will be explained momentarily."

((Please wait for Mal =P))
Madmal

A figure dressed on a dull and unpolished Breastplate armor approaches the desk, nudging people aside with a wooden shield with a blank Scroll engraved on a side.

"so... This the place of the job?. Explain now, please" a clear voice with a native accent is heard from inside the helmet.
Exachix

"My accomplice will be ready in a few moments."

He's obviously heard alot of that in the past half hour.
Vael

Verinth growls.
Tell me where your "accomplice" is.
Exachix

"He is just waiting until we believe that all the people who want to help are now here."
Deadly

Presmer hmms and glances around at the people gathered. He begins to ponder all the ways something like this could be done more efficiently, like giant posters, or leaflets explaining everything.... and forms to fill out for those who are interested. Of course, that rules out those illiterate few, so perhaps they're looking for big, tough barbarians... Presmer begins to get worried that he might not get the job.
Vael

Verinth rolls her eyes and moves away, looking for where his accomplice might be hiding.
Exachix

There is a table standing up, and a man appears to have just walked up onto it, he looks at those gathered, and coughs.

"Could I have your attention please?"

A few of the guests don't hear, but are soon nudged by their friends.

The man at the desk rolls his eyes, and mutters 'charlatan' under his breath.

"We would like your help. We are currently having a problem concerning, well, bandits of a sort attacking trade convoys emerging from this place. All of our patrols, and escorts, have not attracted any of these thugs, so they seem an organised, and intelligent bunch."

He pauses to gauge reactions, before ploughing on.

"Our plan is that you will be in groups, each hopefully complimenting your individual skills. Then you will be assigned to trade convoys. Hopefully, you will be attacked. It'll be pot luck if you are. Nevertheless, you will be payed for your services."

He looks around.

"Please, sign up at the desk. Any questions?"
Vael

Verinth starts over to the desk, brushing and pushing her way past anyone in her way again.
Exachix

She's still at the front of the desk, no-one seems to have darted forwards, a few move towards it.

The Man at the desk look to Verinth.

"Your name and your favoured role?"
Castaras

Altheria stays back, watching those pushing towards the desk. Maybe she should move forward. Maybe.
Vael

Verinth. Swordswoman.
She crosses her arms and gives him a look that says he'd better not question what she's' saying.
Exachix

The man just records this and then proceeds to take the names of timid adventurers that were behind the impressive lady.
Castaras

Altheria decides to move forward, slipping by the other adventurers to the front of the desk.
Exachix

"You name and favoured role?"

He seems to be repeating this for everyone.
Castaras

"Altheria. Thief."
Exachix

"Ok."

He continues to take people names and roles.
Castaras

Altheria moves back, away from the crowd. They might be rich pickings, but she never did like crowds. Might just watch the proceedings from a distance now.
Vael

Verinth stands nearby, waiting in a rather bored manner.
She looks around for anyone who might be good with a sword.
Deadly

Presmer shrugs and walks up to the desk, waiting for the question he's sure he knows already.
Exachix

The Man looks at him.

"Please say name and role."
Deadly

Presmer. Master of the Arcane he says, trying his best not to sound too bored. Wouldn't be polite.
Exachix

Well the man certainly is bored.

"Ok."

He looks around, not many left.
Deadly

Presmer nods and walks off to the side, leaning against a wall a bit and watching people pass by.
Madmal

When she feel her turn comes, Esvele walks up to the desk.

Esvele. Clergy member.

she then walks off it, and leans against a wall, resting her shield.
Exachix

The man at the desk notes this and takes down the names of everyone else. He then begins the subtle process of sorting them into groups.

He hands this smaller note to his friend.

"We have chosen the groups.

Katarr, Malinth, Verin and Laminar, you are together, you will leave tonight.

Esvele, Presmer, Verinth, Altheria, you will be together and leave tomorrow."


He continues to roll off names that I fail to make up.
Vael

Verinth looks around for the people in her group, hoping they weren't too incompetent.
Castaras

Altheria moves closer to the desk, hearing her name called out. Verinth...Presmer...Esvele...Hmm...

She hmms, looking around.
Vael

Verinth thinks about a quick way of finding her group.
Aha! That would make it easy.
She draws out her sword and focuses on the gem in the hilt, which makes the blade catch with fire. She waves the sword above her head.
Anyone with Verinth, get your ass over here!
Castaras

Oh no...Not that woman. Gods she'd be awful to work with...

Altheria slips over to where Verinth is, hand on her shortsword.
Vael

((I see she's made an impression already. ^-^))

Verinth glances at Altheria and waits for the others.
Castaras

(( Of course. =P ))

Altheria watches Verinth, hmming.
Madmal

well, a little too direct for my taste, but i doubt i'll get bored.

Esvele moves slowly onto Verinth and Altheria, raising her unocupied hand

Here I am.
Deadly

Presmer puts an effort into not rolling his eyes. He also begins to regret signing up. Hopefully it's well paid, he thinks as he walks over to the gathering group.
Castaras

Altheria looks at the two arrivals. This would be Presmer and Eveles? Elesve? Gods, forgotten the name already...
Vael

Verinth gives the group a disapproving stare, then snorts.
I'll be doing all the fighting, I suppose.
Castaras

"I'll fight if I need to...Verinth, is it?"

Altheria coldly looks at Verinth. Arrogant bitch...
Deadly

Presmer decides not to respond to that bit of rudeness and just nods politely at the people he'll be working with. Where he comes from, politeness is a mask everyone learns to wear well, to keep those personal oppinions safely out of sight and hearing... After all, you never know who you might offend, and some day that unassuming man might turn out to be the local archmage with an anger management problem. Life as a frog isn't the most appealing prospect one can think of.
Vael

Verinth looks at Altheria, measures her with her eyes, then dismisses her.
Yes. I'm Verinth.
She turns her back on the group and looks for what they're supposed to do next.
Exachix

Just as the man from the desk comes over.

"I'll assume you know who each of you are, if not you can get to know each other. Anyway, Your group will leave in the morning."
Vael

And what are we to do until then?
Exachix

"You meet at the east gate of this city. Your chosen convoy will be waiting there. Any other questions?"
Vael

Verinth coughs and then leans up to him, speaking into his face.
I said, WHAT DO WE DO UNTIL THEN?
Exachix

The man shrugs.

"What would you do normally? We just need you for this job, up to you what you choose to do."
Vael

Then you should have said that in the first place.
Verinth looks over the others.
I don't see a point in sticking around here. I'll meet you in the morning, though don't feel obligated to show up.
She heads off to find something interesting to do unless prevented.
Madmal

Esvele can't contain a smile at seeing the disscusion. thank Oghma she is wearing a face-covering helmet.

"So i had to walk all this over for practically nothing? *sigh* Well, off to get a drink then...east gate...morning...got it."
Castaras

Altheria shakes her head at Verinth, before looking at Esvele.

"Might as well go to one of the pubs near the east gate then...If any of you need me I'll be round there...

She turns and heads in the general direction of the East gate, through the crowds.
Exachix

The man nodds and walks away, guessing that no more questions would needed to be asked.

((Unless Presmer has any))
Deadly

Presmer could probably come up with something to ask about, but for now he's perfectly fine wandering off in the general direction of the East gate. He's not sure what he's looking for to pass the time, but maybe something will catch his eyes on the way. If not... well, there's always a bar somewhere if all else fails.
Vael

Just to be different from the others, Verinth has progressed North, looking for a bar, or maybe a weapons shop, an interesting vendor, somewhere people are fighting...
Exachix

((Well, I didn't have anything planned, so, can we just assume that you go to somewhere to stay, and buy stuff if you wish?))
Deadly

Presmer can't think of anything in particular he needs, so after wandering for a while he goes to find the most quiet place to rest he can find... and there he'll relax and ponder all sorts of arcane things until morning.
Vael

After possibly breaking a law, having a small chase, and picking a fight, Verinth finds a place to hide/sleep for the night, and then, provided nothing happens, will find her way to the appropriate gate in the morning.
Madmal

Esvele spends the night without much trouble, just a couple of bugs in the room that were squished.
Castaras

Altheria spends her night in an inn nearby the east gate, probably. Restless night, as always.
Exachix

Soon, dawn arrives...

Just outside the East gate, a small convoy of 4 caravan trailers await the group.

There are a few people standing around the caravan.
Castaras

Altheria has woken up a few hours before, and is waiting just inside the east gate, waiting for the others to come.
Vael

Verinth, unlike Altheria, slept in. She slowly makes her through the Town and to the east gate, obviously not hurried in the least.
Deadly

Presmer likewise makes his way to the gate. Not in any particular hurry either, but that's mostly because he got up in good time so he didn't have to stress.
Madmal

Used to the timetables on the temple. Esvele makes up really early, and after a couple hours is on the convoy, waith for the latecomers.
Exachix

Well, in that case..

One of the men from the carts approaches the group.

"Hello to you all, I assume you will be our guards?"
Deadly

Presmer nods So it seems.
Castaras

"Yes."

Altheria moves forward, hand on her shortsword.
Vael

No, I'll be your guard and they'll tag along and look pretty.
Verinth sounds a wee bit sarcastic.
Exachix

The Man nodds.

"Ok then, there are 4 carts, so, if you wish, just position yourselves around them. You won't have to walk the way, I'm sure you're glad to hear, so you can sit at the front or the back of each cart as you wish."
Madmal

i'll sit, if no-one minds, the armor makes me slower than usual.
Deadly

Presmer nods and decides to have a seat somewhere in the back
Castaras

Altheria decides to move to the back also, although not sitting for the moment.
Vael

Verinth sits in the front of the first cart.
Exachix

In the First Cart there is another woman, and the man previously talked to comes to the front.

In the Second there is a male like the one talked to first, seeming a little older.

The 3rd Cart is controlled by a child, and the 4th has a pair like the first, although the woman is garbed in a robe.

The Carts are simple caravan like carts, a base, and a curved canvas roof to guard the precious cargo.

Esvele still has to work out where he's sitting =D.
Madmal

Esvele will sit on the back of the second cart
Castaras

Altheria moves to the third cart, sitting at the back.
Vael

Verinth whistles to herself and leans back lazily, waiting for anything interesting.
Deadly

Presmer looks up at the sky thoughtfully while waiting, pondering if he's forgotten anything.
Exachix

Well it'd be too late if he has, as the Convoy goes on the move.

It begins on the road going basically easternaly from Almraiven, before it turns to head north-easternaly, following the coast.
Vael

Verinth starts getting bored after a while and begins looking around for anything interesting in the landscape.
Castaras

Altheria's happy enough to be bored, although she watches the scenery around them, thinking, hand lazily resting on her shortsword.
Deadly

Presmer hmms quietly and looks around. He was supposed to guard this caravan so he might as well keep his eyes out for anything to guard against... and failing that, just a nice scenery to watch.
Madmal

Esvele prefers to stay quiet on one place, to avoid any type of fatigue. She keeps looking at the scenery to keep herself busy.
((warning: i'm beign dragged down to the beach. won't return until after New Year))
Exachix

((Wait what? 1) You're staying at the beach until now year? and 2) You mean he sits on a cart?))
Vael

((You're not going to get an answer very soon...
>.<))
Madmal

((sorry, did that post on a rush))

((i'm leaving tomorrow, probably until next Friday, family came from USA, and the "elders" agreed on some camping on a beach house...sorry fellas..))
Exachix

((No problem))

The Journey begins!

Initially the convoy starts by going east, heading towards the coast. The road seems fairly well used, and they turn north to go along the coast. As the sun itself rises, The outline of mountains to the east turns into a many-peaked shadow, as they rays of the golden sun illuminate the sky and the land.

The Convoy peacefully trundles along, and breaks are made, and the 'guards' are offered drinks and, at midday, sandwiches.
Deadly

Presmer enjoys a sandwich and leans back, pondering the mountains ahead What is our destination? he decides to ask someone nearby, just to break the silence a bit
Castaras

Altheria also grabs a drink, although not taking a sandwich for the moment. She sips it, looking around, listening to Presmer and whoever answers him.
Exachix

The answer comes from the lady on the back in the robe.

"We're going overland to Mintar. It's not that far, but it's in the area of which the attacks have been happening."

Her friend at the back pipes up.

"We'll be following the coast for some time, before heading into the mountains you can see. Whence though them we'll turn north and follow the coast for some time."
Deadly

Presmer nods thoughtfully Where in particular have these attacks occured? The mountains?
Exachix

The pair nod.

"Yes. They usually steal everything they can, leaving very little left for trade."

"The attacks have been going on for some time. Every caravan-" "Convoy, party, group, etc." "- are attacked at times. Just recently it's become more frequent and more dangerous."
Deadly

Any clues about the identity of the attackers?
Exachix

"No idea."

"But there's a decent chance we'll be attacked."

They smile to them.

"We just don't know when."
Deadly

Very reassuring Presmer grins and turns his gaze back to the mountains ahead, fiddling with the red gem around his neck while thinking.
Vael

Verinth sips her drink and relaxes on the edge of one of the carts, her eyes half closed. She hasn't really done much since they left, and doesn't seem motivated to do anything either.
She does seem a little surly though, and inwardly she's getting bored and is contemplating picking a fight...
Exachix

Well, the Convoy gets back moving after it's brief stop. Unless Motivated, the other members of the convoy don't seem to be up to talking. So, silently, unless someone starts talking, the convoy moves on...

It moves along the coast, heading towards the mountains. They stop as the sun starts to fade, dipping below the horizon, and the supposed 'leader', the one who talked to them early in this morning, consults them.

"We're going to stop for the night, can some of you stay up please?"

((Sorry, may forget about this, nudge me if I do. I have an exam on wednesday then two on Friday =S))

       Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum