Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barrow of the Forgotten King II
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Barrow of the Forgotten King II  Reply with quote

Recapping...

A balcony on the west wall overlooks this wide room, which is lower and cooler than the previous areas you've explored, and a steep staircase leads from the balcony's north side into the chamber. Atop that stairway is a closed stone door. Swiftly flowing water runs in a canal that flows south to north through the area, and the moisture has made the room damp, the walls and floor slick with malodorous subterranean fungus. A narrow bridge crosses the canal at the foot of the stairs from the balcony. Flanking the canal on the east and west are rows of statues depicting shieldbearing soldiers saluting with their drawn swords. On the east side of the canal, two of the statues are shattered. Nearby lie the bodies of two humanoids.

---

[Heal Check 24] Novia is able to determine that one of the humanoids (who, now that she gets a close look, look a lot like the strange tall goblinoids from before) died of hypothermia. It seems as though the other person died the same way.

Delgar finds a lot of phat lewt on his body masterwork studded leather, masterwork scimitar, a shortbow and 7 arrows, a satchel, a glass vial, and some jewelry. It seems as though the other body contains the same treasure.

Spoiler:


_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I can see a door at the top of those stairs," Morningmist rumbles, pointing toward the east wall and the door that can currently only be seen with darkvision or low-light vision dur to the placement of the torch.  "Should we perhaps investigate that, or do you wish to look around this chamber a bit more?  I must admit to some curiosity as to the statues and whether the dead creatures smashed them for some purpose - and whether their mischief directly resulted in the manner of their deaths.  Perhaps someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell us something about the statues?"

Morningmist will peer into the water.
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri looks around a bit passively while the others search Perhaps searching this room well would be a good idea. It's rather odd, I think she says, knowing that she can't help much with that
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novia frowns. "This is strange. It looks like he froze to death, but I don't think it's nearly cold enough in here for that."
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Morningmist stares into the water, she is surprised to find that it is staring back at her!
A graceful serpent of clear water rises from the canal, making a sound that resembles bubbling speech. It seems to say, "More intruders. Leave this place the way you came, or face the price of your folly, as have those before you."
The water spirit makes no move to attack just yet. It seems open to talk.

Spoiler:



WW: Water Spirit thingy needs Knowledge (Arcana) to identify.



[OOC]Also, Destro & El J, you may want to consider ways to get your character sheets. I believe you actually have to log on to Tangled Web to retrieve them.[/OOC]
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chilli God wrote:
As Morningmist stares into the water, she is surprised to find that it is staring back at her!
A graceful serpent of clear water rises from the canal, making a sound that resembles bubbling speech. It seems to say, "More intruders. Leave this place the way you came, or face the price of your folly, as have those before you."
The water spirit makes no move to attack just yet. It seems open to talk.


Morningmist hides her startlement quickly.  "We hae nae wish tae disturb the rightful rest of those interred here, but seek to find those who have raised the bones of the departed into undead abomination, to prevent them from further defiling these grounds with their unholy powers."

((This said, someone - anyone - else should be doing this.  Morningmist has a Diplomacy score of -1 ))
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri blinks, a bit surprised as the serpent rises. Then quickly agrees with Morningmist That is true. We are not here to defile or steal, but to hunt down those who would. Not that her +2 to diplomacy is such a big difference. But she doesn't have to even bluff in this case.

Of course, she is a little better at bluffing than at diplomacy. Even better at intimidation, but that should probably be saved for the last option.
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Diplomacy check 18] The serpentine water creature nods slightly at the mention of the 'defilers,' and says after Morningmist and Kerri have presented their case, "Very well. If you pursue those who have thwarted me, good luck on your quest. Leave me."
The spirit then retreats back into the canal and disappears in the water the without a trace, leaving the group free to go wherever they please.

Wow, what an exciting encounter!
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey, it's nice to be able to avoid a fight now and again. Wink))
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Sometimes. Not too often, though. Action is needed too Smile))

Kerri shrugs What an odd thing, but we seem to have uncovered the mystery of this room and the bodies there. Let's move on. she says and does so, going to investigate the door on top of the stairs
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably made 't mad by destroying the statues. Delgar is busy stuffing jewelry into the satchel he found on that corpse. It seems he's foregone the scimitar once again in favour of his longsword.

What can I say, he likes the shinies.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jewelry on that one corpse is worth about 100g. Delgar might not know that, but his player should.

Kerri checks the door to the east of the room. The door is solid stone, closed, and locked as well.
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
El Jaspero
The Pirate King


Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Posts: 582


Location: Indianapolis, IN

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Sorry...I'm on the road again.   I'll work on getting Haemus when I get back this weekend.))
_________________
The Town College of Arms is open again!

Inner Circle

Spoiler:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morningmist rumbled irritably at the discovery of another locked stone door.

"Times like this, do you know what I wish I had on me?  Acid.  Alchemist's Fire is all very good, but it doesn't do squat against stone or metal hardly worth thinking about.  A good full flask of acid, though, you can eat through a lock with that right proper, s'long as you don't mind the stench of it.  Do any of you happen to have some, maybe?"
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely we should try picking it first before wasting valuable acid Kerri says, while glancing down the corridor they didn't come from
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have 'ny 'cid, but I can have a go 't that with a lockpick.

Which he does.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it seems as though this door is just as stubborn as the last one, as Delgar finds himself unable to successfully pick the lock.
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri sighs and kicks the door slightly I suppose we'll have to bash this one down too... or waste a bottle of acid
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Nudges at the huge-ass quantity of unknown vials in a sack obtained from last looting*
_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmmm, maybe that fellow we killed earlier had something on him that might do the trick ... in that massive collection of vials?"
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but 'm not tasting them to find out what's what. Delgar finds the sack of vials and starts looking through it. None 'f these 're 'ven labeled...
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Artemis
Drow Queen


Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 20905


Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're looking for acid, right? Maybe just drip a little on the ground." Novia suggests.
_________________
A single dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

Grab some tugboats. We're going iceberg wrangling. - Destro Yersul

Characters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
helgraf



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 420



PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Better yet - drip it on the lock.  If the lock starts melting, keep pouring."
_________________
--
So, wha' makes y' say tha'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destro Yersul
The Troutbearer


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 6378


Location: Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'lright, we'll try that. Delgar picks a vial at random, uncorks it, and lets a little of the contents drip onto the locking mechanism of the door. If it starts reacting in a generally destructive way, he'll dump the rest on it.
_________________
Avatar by Vael
Trout by Vael
Cookies: 31

My Characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The Chilli God
Orc in Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2850


Location: Ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first vial that Delgar randomly selected is... Alchemist's fire.
Luckily, being a savvy dungeon explorer, Delgar knows alchemist's fire when he sees it, so he doesn't uncork the vial and blow himself up.


_________________
The Chilli God Has Spoken.
Characters & Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum