Hivemind in the Town
Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Location: Benicia CA
|Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:27 pm Post subject: Wraith: the Oblivion
|Wraith: the Oblivion
Sometimes it's you, sometimes it's the shadow.
1. What game are you running (D&D, CoC, Palladium, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Wraith: the Oblivion, World of Darkness. Depending on popular opinion, I may use the new mechanics but the old fluff.
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? When and where will the game be set?
This will be set probably in WW-I era Deadlands. Having access to the Great War supplement for W:tO will be a great boon.
3. How many Players are you looking for?
Four to five.
4. What's the gaming medium (PBMB, chat, e-mail etc.)?
PbP, right here.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Largely dependent on interest, though starting at the levels indicated in the corebook are probably about right.
7. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system?
I will make rolls on my own for things that you shouldn't know the answers to: awareness rolls, for instance. Everything else is yours.
13. Are there any homebrewed rules or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?
There may be, again dependent on the feelings of those involved.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I need to know primary facets of your lifetime, cause of death, reason for being a wraith instead of falling to Oblivion immediately, and any pertinent details of what's happened to you since your time in the Deadlands.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
This will probably largely be a social game, though there will be combat.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
You are allowed to use any book I own, which is every Wraith book ever. I would prefer you stuck to the Corebook, Guildbooks, and the Great War book.
Glory To The Many; I Am A Voice In The Choir.
Keltan, One of Many