Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Butterfly Zoo
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Shadow of the Sun
o.O


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 13597


Location: Arriving somewhere, but not here

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: The Butterfly Zoo  Reply with quote

This just popped up, really. No-one knows how. It is simply a dome of glass, within which there are gardens rivaling Eden- the home of almost literally millions of butterflies.

There is a donation box (you have to put a donation in, no matter how large or small to get in), next to a sign which says 'Please don't hurt our butterflies!'.

Browse at your leisure.
_________________
"Think long and hard. You've been bird-doggin' this township for a while now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if you hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gnrlshrimp
Pure Hatred in the Town


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 10105


Location: Does it really matter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Affidavit" enters the butterfly zoo and looks around...and grins. "Perfect." He says, taking a seat on a patch of grass, taking care to avoid any butterflies. He takes out his notepad and pencil and gets back to work, glad that for once he's unlikely to be disturbed.
_________________
Bored...again...

<There's Prof Affidavit! Isn't he just the most adorable mad scientist ever?

Hooray, I'm evil!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shadow of the Sun
o.O


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 13597


Location: Arriving somewhere, but not here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until a butterfly lands on his arms and flaps its wings at him, but that is unlikely to do too much.
_________________
"Think long and hard. You've been bird-doggin' this township for a while now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if you hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gnrlshrimp
Pure Hatred in the Town


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 10105


Location: Does it really matter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Affidavit" ignores the butterfly for now, he's more concerned with finishing his notes. But he may stay a while to admire the beauty of this place once he has finished his work.
_________________
Bored...again...

<There's Prof Affidavit! Isn't he just the most adorable mad scientist ever?

Hooray, I'm evil!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox-Exy bounds in, going "Flutterbys! Flutterbys! Flutterbys!"

He soon leaves after chasing Butterflies about.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gnrlshrimp
Pure Hatred in the Town


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 10105


Location: Does it really matter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Affidavit" puts his notepad down. With his notes finished, he can spend a little while just relaxing in the butterfly zoo...

When he eventually does leave, "Affidavit" takes a few coins out of one of his many pockets and puts them in the donation box...Yes, he'd already donated some money, but the place deserved a little more.
_________________
Bored...again...

<There's Prof Affidavit! Isn't he just the most adorable mad scientist ever?

Hooray, I'm evil!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shadow of the Sun
o.O


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 13597


Location: Arriving somewhere, but not here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The butterflies, despite not knowing, seem to be glad that they have received some more tender for their care.
_________________
"Think long and hard. You've been bird-doggin' this township for a while now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if you hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the dome a sad Maya sits, watching the butterflies flying about inside.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He wouldn't object to a butterfly landing on you, would he?" inquires the voice of someone who had approached recently.  A someone who hadn't been in Town for a while now.  A someone who has a bag of popcorn for some reason.

And a large brightly colored stuffed animal.

None other than Maph'tey.

"How are you doing tonight?  Moon still after you?"
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya gives a start as she hears the voice.  She seems much jumpier then when he first meet her.  It takes a second to recgonize who he is.  Then she anwsers.  Maybe, not great... a bit dark, and yes.

She frowns.  I have a gift for you, but I couldn't find you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I tend to make a point of not spending too much time in Town.  I've caused enough trouble already," Maph'tey sighs.  There's probably a story of some kind behind that. "Though I had been thinking about the gift.  I'm curious to see what it is."
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya gives a small smile.  It has been awhile since she has smiled.  About since the time that mad man killed her.  She reaches into a small pocket and pulls out a thick piece of glass, it gives a soft glow illuminating the area around Maya just slightly.  She holds it out to drop it into Maph'tey's hand.  Shine from a star, given freely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smile is returned as Maph'tey holds it up for a better look.  "You must have asked the star very nicely.  It's wonderful, thank you."

He then looks down at the bag of buttered popcorn.  And holds it out.

"I don't suppose you want the rest?  I only ever pick it up because it's a tradition at fairs."
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably glows a bit brighter as Maph'tey holds it up.  It reacts to the holders desire.  Maya nods seriously about asking nicely, Of course you have to.  Stars are proud.  She looks at the popcorn and licks her lips.  She nods slowly, probably tastes better then rat, or at least different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I would imagine.  They have an important job after all," Maph'tey agrees as the bag is handed off.  "It isn't the most healthful food in existence, but it tastes good and it's somewhat filling."

The Traveler smiles at the starlight again. "I'll put it in my home, I think.  Along with the other treasures my friends have given me."
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya smiles, happy he likes the gift.  She picks up a piece of popcorn and throws it into her mouth.  She chews on it a bit and decieds she likes it.  I like it.  It tastes airy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's more of a snack than anything else.  Not anything you should live on," Maph'tey comments as he puts the new treasure into the satchel at his side.  "I don't suppose you could use something a bit more substantial?"
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya thinks then shakes her head.  No thanks, I ate earlier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, that's good.  Being hungry isn't any fun at all," Maph'tey nods as he simply enjoys Maya enjoying the popcorn. "Have you figured out why the moon is following you yet?"
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya nods in agreement.  I'm not sure.  It just won't leave me alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I might have to have a talk with it then," Maph'tey comments in a completely serious tone.  "Find out why it has been bothering you so much lately."

If the moon is up in the sky he'll glare at it.
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at the moment it is behind some clouds.  I never knew it's name, doesn't respond to anything I call it.  She looks up at the cloudy sky.  I should go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I might be able to find out for you," Maph'tey responds with that trademark grin of his.  "Take care of yourself.  Be safe."
_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McBish
Titleless in the Town


Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 14622


Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya nods.  Maybe sometime you can come visit me.  I can pay you back for the popcorn.  She sounds a bit lonely as she says this.  Then she turns and heads back to the streets and to the Junkyard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rebonack
Elder Good


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 21648


Location: Barkhouse Bestiary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Traveler waves to Maya as she departs in his usual cheerful way.  "Maybe next time I'm in Town.  Sleep well!"

And then he looks up at the moon.  "And I'll talk with you later."

And then he's gone.  Wandering once more.


_________________
Warning!  Random Encounter Detected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Town All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum