Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Tide
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Dark Tide  Reply with quote

Almraiven. The Shipbuilding port in southern Faerūn, actually Calimsham, it lays, sprawled by the coast, the largest wizarding center in Calimsham.

Many people meet here, and dotted around city, it is these that lure adventurers to help the city, luring them to join parties and obtain golden treasured.

One such poster forces it's alluring aura upon you, A poster asking for adventurers who need gold for simple work to join, requesting them to meet in a small grove on the outskirts of the sprawling mess known as Almraiven. From the poster it seems the 'job' should be quite easy, a mere guarding task.

It is here where you arrive, in the evening of the day, the sun's golden streaks alighting the sky with fire as it sets. There are many others like you here, many races, as adventurers come.

There is a platform there, and a small desk where such people who are going to help will sign up, some are asking for more information, and being told it will come.

((just say you come, and your initial actions here))
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verinth steps up to the poster and looks it over.
She's a rather striking woman. Not in terms of beauty, perhaps- though she is not bad looking. One gets the feeling that she's sacrificed beauty and pampering for skill at her job though. Her red hair is cut short and is fairly wild, and her skin is more callus and scarred than smooth. A thin scar stretches across her right cheek, and her face is angular and almost appears carved from stone. Her skin is a light tan, giving her an eastern desert dweller appearance which is wholly accurate.
A falchion with a glinting ruby on the hilt is slung across her back, and she wears leather armor.
After considering the poster, she heads over to the desk, possibly pushing aside anyone who might be in her way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the shadows shift within the crowd. A young drow woman, she would look like to the surface dwellers. A young human woman to the drow. Long white hair, thin and sleek, yet untamed. Thin brown leather armour, hidden under a grey cloak. She watches the crowd, moving towards the poster. Work eh? Would do her good to find something to do round this place. Needed a better way to get money than pickpocketing...

Altheria moves over to the desk, slipping over to the queue, watching Verinth.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A young man walks by and stops as he notes the poster. Slightly taller than most and dressed rather extravagantly, he stands out a bit even though he could probably pass as a local. His skin is a dusty dark hue and aside from a few strands of dark gray his hair is nearly black. His deep brown eyes and neat posture gives him an aura of calm thoughtfulness. It seems likely that he, like so many others around here, might possess some experience in the arcane.

With a thoughtful hmm he turns to read the poster, rubbing his chin slightly as he considers the offer. After a moment he turns and walks up to the desk, where he stands patiently, watching people discreetly.
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man at the desk looks up at Verinth, and motions to the crowd.

"We will explain shortly."
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verinth scowls.
We're here. We're interested. You don't need to wait to explain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altheria hmms, glancing around the crowd, suppressing the urge to try steal some stuff from people in the crowd. She needed the job, dammit.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And all will be explained momentarily."

((Please wait for Mal =P))
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Madmal



Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A figure dressed on a dull and unpolished Breastplate armor approaches the desk, nudging people aside with a wooden shield with a blank Scroll engraved on a side.

"so... This the place of the job?. Explain now, please" a clear voice with a native accent is heard from inside the helmet.
_________________
"I run, therefore I am; more correctly, I run, therefore with any luck I'll still be." Rincewind, the Wizzard.

Inner Circle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My accomplice will be ready in a few moments."

He's obviously heard alot of that in the past half hour.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verinth growls.
Tell me where your "accomplice" is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He is just waiting until we believe that all the people who want to help are now here."
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presmer hmms and glances around at the people gathered. He begins to ponder all the ways something like this could be done more efficiently, like giant posters, or leaflets explaining everything.... and forms to fill out for those who are interested. Of course, that rules out those illiterate few, so perhaps they're looking for big, tough barbarians... Presmer begins to get worried that he might not get the job.
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verinth rolls her eyes and moves away, looking for where his accomplice might be hiding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a table standing up, and a man appears to have just walked up onto it, he looks at those gathered, and coughs.

"Could I have your attention please?"

A few of the guests don't hear, but are soon nudged by their friends.

The man at the desk rolls his eyes, and mutters 'charlatan' under his breath.

"We would like your help. We are currently having a problem concerning, well, bandits of a sort attacking trade convoys emerging from this place. All of our patrols, and escorts, have not attracted any of these thugs, so they seem an organised, and intelligent bunch."

He pauses to gauge reactions, before ploughing on.

"Our plan is that you will be in groups, each hopefully complimenting your individual skills. Then you will be assigned to trade convoys. Hopefully, you will be attacked. It'll be pot luck if you are. Nevertheless, you will be payed for your services."

He looks around.

"Please, sign up at the desk. Any questions?"
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verinth starts over to the desk, brushing and pushing her way past anyone in her way again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's still at the front of the desk, no-one seems to have darted forwards, a few move towards it.

The Man at the desk look to Verinth.

"Your name and your favoured role?"
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altheria stays back, watching those pushing towards the desk. Maybe she should move forward. Maybe.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vael
Endless Fount of Characters


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 38730



PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verinth. Swordswoman.
She crosses her arms and gives him a look that says he'd better not question what she's' saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man just records this and then proceeds to take the names of timid adventurers that were behind the impressive lady.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altheria decides to move forward, slipping by the other adventurers to the front of the desk.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You name and favoured role?"

He seems to be repeating this for everyone.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Altheria. Thief."
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ok."

He continues to take people names and roles.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altheria moves back, away from the crowd. They might be rich pickings, but she never did like crowds. Might just watch the proceedings from a distance now.


_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum