Enupnion Forum Index Enupnion
Keep on Dreaming
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventurer's Guild
Page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Adventurer's Guild  Reply with quote

The Adventurers Guild is a large mansion located on the outskirts of some generic town. It boasts a common area with reception and bar, places to sit, a fireplace and lots of space. A set of stairs lead to the second floor where one can find a small library and reading area, a small shop stocked with the most basic items, a small shrine to the Lady of Luck and Fortune where healing and other services can be bought. On the third floor there are simple but comfortable lodgings available, outside are stables for mounts and in the reception one can buy other typical services. In the basement is a small arena for sparring and other practice between members. Once in a while, special fights may be held here too.

The reception is also where one registers for membership, which costs 5 gp per level of experience a month. A full sheet with your skills and abilities are required. This sheet will be kept at the reception for anyone interested to see.

On the wall next to the reception is the bulletin board where anyone can post jobs, requests for help, rumors about adventure and other things that may lead off towards adventure.

The store has most ordinary items for sale at standard prices, and will also buy anything you may have to sell at half their selling price. The shrine offers spellcasting services, both arcane and divine, at favorable prices (see table below for prices, excluding material costs). Healing is half price for members.

Both lodging and stabling is free for members. Horses, ponies and guard dogs can be rented at the reception, as can messengers and ship's passage. Basic food and drinks are available in the bar at fair prices.

Bar Menu
Mug of Ale (several kinds) : 4 cp - 2 sp
Bottle of Wine (several kinds) : 2 sp - 10 gp
Wine (glass, several kinds) : 5 cp - 3 gp
Spirits (Rum, Whiskey,...) : 1 gp
Dwarven Spirits : 3 gp
Coffee : 1 cp
Tea : 1 cp
Water : Free

Loaf of Bread : 2 cp
Hunk of Cheese : 1 sp
Chunk of Meat : 3 sp

Meals : 1 - 5 sp
Banquet : 10 gp per person

Services

Renting
Horse : 5 gp/day
Pony : 2 gp/day
Guard dog : 2 gp/day
Attack dog : 3 gp/day
Cart : 1 gp/day

Other
Messenger : 2 cp/mile
Ship's Passage : 1 sp/mile

Spellcasting prices
0-level : 5 gp
1st-level : 10 gp
2nd-level : 50 gp
3rd-level : 100 gp
4th-level : 250 gp

For spells of higher level, an outside caster will be needed. The guild may be able to help in locating and hiring one for a price of 50 gp if no member of the guild can be used.

Notes on the Bulletin Board
Spoiler:

Quote:
Brave and resourceful heroes needed to deal with werewolf problem in village of Northwood. Ask for Erasmus North. Will pay handsomely. Bring silver. ((Adventure for 4-5 characters of level 2-3. Currently Open))




Members of the Guild
Spoiler:

Grinning Skull - Goblin, Psychic Warrior, level 2, joined Dec 11 08, last payment Dec 11 08

Kalvar - Elf, Rogue, level 3, joined Dec 22 08, last payment Dec 22 08

Madreaina Gaundroth - Drow, Sorcerer, Level 1 (ECL 3), joined Dec 25 08, last payment Dec 25 08


_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt


Last edited by Deadly on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An elderly man enters the guild to hang a note on the bulletin board:

Quote:
Brave and resourceful heroes needed to deal with werewolf problem in village of Northwood. Ask for Erasmus North. Will pay handsomely. Bring silver.
((Adventure for 4-5 characters of level 2-3))

He then turns and leaves as a somewhat tall and heavy goblin enters and heads for the reception with a grin. The goblin fills out a few forms [Character Sheet] and pays ten gold pieces for membership to the clerk before heading to the bar
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Should I make a Sleight of Hand Check for my booted Dagger?))

A man, garbed in a dark black cloak, with it's hood raised to conceal the elf's face, heads to the Desk. It should be noted he currently wears a backpack, with a dagger at the belt, and a longbow on his back, no effort to conceal these weapons, but an attempt is made for the dagger in a boot, attempted to be concealed from the public.

At the desk he fills out forms much as the goblin before [Sheety], paying a total of 15 gold pieces as a membership fee before looking around, and heading to the bulletin board.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I'd say that's only needed if anyone actually tries to spot it. Or if you try conceiling an attempt to draw it or something))

The goblin has settled down at a table and pulled out various weapons and placed them neatly on the table. Currently it is polishing a small axe, as it looks up at the newcomer with a grin
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A young drow saunters in, in extremely revealing garb. She moves up to the desk, smiling sweetly at the person at the desk.

(( If there is someone at the desk. =P If so, male or female? ))
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Just to clarify, if you feel an NPC is needed, you're welcome to come up with one))

Well... lets see...

A young man is busy sorting out a stack of papers and looks up from his work as he notes someone approaching the desk. Upon seeing the drow he pauses, briefly forgetting himself before smiling a little sheepishly "Ah, sorry, what can I do for you?"
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madreaina smiles sweetly at the young man.

"What's a handsome young man like you doing in a dump like this?"
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young accountant's eyes glance around the place briefly before quickly settling back on the woman in front of him. He grins a little and leans on the desk "Keeping this dump from ruin. I like challenges, you see"
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah yes. The joys of all this land and guild."

She takes a form, and signs it, depositing 5 gp.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young man takes the form and gold once she is done and pretends to look the form over, but is clearly a little too distracted "Joining the guild, I see. A dirty business it is, sometimes. Dangerous too. "
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh yes. Those of us need to rely on strong, young men like you."

She smiles at him, eyes watching him.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this young man is getting himself into some real trouble here. He straightens up a little "Ah yes, wouldn't do to let a woman of such obvious beauty and talent come to harm"

The goblin, still polishing its weapons, is watching with a grin and obvious amusement at the silly accountant and the seductress
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elf rogue reads the notices, before going to the bar and just sits at a table, looking at the menu, before noticing the goblin and looking to him.
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madreaina giggles, smiling.

"Of course, you'll be able to help if anything were to happen to me, wouldn't you?"
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young accountant probably spent more time reading than doing anything physically hard. And he's clearly not the wisest one around either. He smiles widely and responds a little uncertainly "Ah.. naturally. Worry not, fair lady, you are safe around here" he says and bows a little


The goblin shakes his head and looks around. Spotting Kalvar, he grins and waves
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madreaina smiles at the accountant.

"Why thank-you, dear sir."

She winks and walks off to the bar, taking a look at the wine menu. She grimaces slightly, closing the menu and deciding to just have a glass of water.
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalvar waves to the goblin, and goes over to his table.

"Hello."
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((We really need more people here, if this is to work Sad))

The goblin grins and puts away his weapons Why, hello
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Castaras
Valsharess in the Town


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 2024


Location: No

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Yeah. =/ ))
_________________
Spoiler:


All hail Sophistemon

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What brings you here?"

(( mm =( ))
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenges, naturally The goblin states
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ahh."
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you? The goblin asks, while leaning back
_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exachix
The Foxy One


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 11239


Location: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Escape. Money. Fun.

He grins.

"Something to do."
_________________
Living in Scoundrel Days

My forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deadly
Town Director


Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 14176



PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escape, you say?


_________________
Character Descriptions | deviantArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enupnion Forum Index -> The Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum